1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Olivier Ntcham

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Norm Peterson, Jul 12, 2017.

Discuss Olivier Ntcham in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. horseshoe

35k does seem a bit much since he's not a nailed on starter, but our running costs did jump quite a bit when rodgers was in charge, his extension could have put him towards the higher end of our wage bracket if not quite that high.

2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    All things considered, swap deal for Forster +5million and at least another loan for Ely and I'll be very chuffed.

They can drop the £5million if we get both Ely and Fraser on a perm.

I would then actually go for Turnbull. As much as I didn't care for the signing last season, it would still be an interesting deal and under current circumstances, not the worst idea in the world.
    Brown, McGregor, Christie, Turnbull, rogic, Henderson, soro should be more than enough for the ten in the middle.

Although we seriously would lose a great talent in the middle of the park that we will need to replace long term.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

Dan Breen likes this.
  3. davidhannah

I've got nothing but praise for Ncham. He has been a strong player for us in big games
    The composed chip to beat Lazio, the old firm goals and cup final winners. He's a treble treble winner. We should be getting a minimum ten million fee. Southampton would be a disastrous move for him. I could see him playing for a top end French/Italian team and being a real success rather than fighting relegation.
    I'd rather he sticks around and we bring in Fraser Forster anyway but money talks.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
    The_Bhoy and trackebhoy like this.
  4. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

I think Ntcham would be looking for the move, Lenny got him motivated again and he found some good form. I'd happily swap him for Fraser and Ely though.

5. freitassen

I would do a straight swap for Forster and Elyounoussi.

6. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Everyone keeps saying that I can't see them giving us 2 players more likely use forster and some coin for him if it's legit

7. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I would do a straight swap for FF

8. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Have to push the boat out to get Fraser, out of all three players he's the most important to success by far. The confidence he must give the rest of the team is incalculable, definitely would make us fans feel very confident about the ten. I imagine they'd want Oli plus up to £5m and that would be a bargain.

Ely is a wonderful player but we'd be spreading our finances far too thin trying to acquire both players considering their wages too.

9. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Maybe totally misreading you’re post here but are you trying to say that Southampton would want Ntcham and £5m for Forster or Celtic would want Forster plus £5m for Ntcham. Neither of which I would be ok with if I’m honest. Ntcham is the best midfielder we have when he’s on his game, and we shouldn’t be asking for anything less than £18m for him. Forster, for all his worth isn’t not worth £13m at his age and the wages he commands at Southampton.

10. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Mate you're deluded if you think we will get 18 million for Ntcham

11. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    If we would be asking for a minimum of £20m for Ajer, why is £18m for Ntcham so difficult to see?

Bonobhoy likes this.
  12. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    I don't think we'd get 20 for Ajer he's not worth that. no team is paying 18 million for a guy who can't get a regular game in our midfield and in this climate no chance. I'd expect thst type of fee for a full established international footballer who is playing constantly and playing well in a top 5 league

13. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I don’t think we’d get £18m cash. Especially from a team like Southampton who seem absolutely skint but we have 2 players of theirs on loan, both of them were unwanted. I don’t think it’s unreasonable to be asking for both for Oli. Straight swap. I rate Moi at over £10m.

Also, the bottom part of that. You don’t expect us to receive upwards of £20m for Edouard then? Given he’s neither playing in a top 5 league and not a fully fledged international.

14. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    I can't seem Southampton giving us 2 players as they would want to re-coup money for elyounoussi maybe Forster for Ntcham perhaps a small fee but nothing like you're suggesting forster is worth more to us than Ntcham we have plenty of good cover in Ntchams position

15. DJ CJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wanyama
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Really don’t want to lose him, on his day he’s probably the best player in the team.

16. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Edouard is the best player in the team there is no denying that big strong sayibg otherwise

17. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    They surely recoup that by getting a player in that goes into their squad and probably first team though? They loaned them out because they felt they weren’t good enough. Forster was their 3rd choice keeper and I’m sure someone said Moi was voted their worst signing in the last 5 years or something. Just because we have plenty of cover in Ntcham position, doesn’t mean his value decreases. You can say Rogic/Christie are cover. Ntcham has more to his game than both. Yes, in terms of our recruitment and our squad, Forster is more important. But there is another team involved and they’re currently paying 2 players a combined £120k a week to be on loan at us. Completely agree that with the pandemic, money won’t be floating about the same way it was but I would not be ok with swapping Forster and Ntcham. If McGregor gets injured, Ntcham is the perfect replacement.

18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Dembele would say otherwise.

19. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Ntcham is too hot and cold wouldn't say perfect replacement as he sits deeper and Ntcham prefers the more attacking role christies output is miles better than Ntchams. Scored more in one season that Ntcham has in his celtic career. So that's a bit of a crazy one. I can't see Southampton giving us both if there is a chance of them getting money on Elyounoussi they will

Lilac Wine likes this.
  20. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    French league is classified as one of the big 5