1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

10 in a row Squad

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by shaunm, May 20, 2020.

Discuss 10 in a row Squad in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. We named the dog Indiana Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    scott brown, boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic song
    I really like Bain as a keeper but we do need better.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What deficit is that?

we have over £40m readily available to us and if we make UCL that £40m could turn into £65m in bank likewise failure to make it will result in funds being drawn down but no shortfall imo

3. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I'd happily sell ajer for 20 mill and have a fairly conservative summer, Robbie deas my bolter for the summer

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

The_Bhoy likes this.
  4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    If next season is played behind closed doors then money will drop. The board will be preparing for the 1st, as will every team bar the hun as they will just steal their fans money

The_Bhoy likes this.
  5. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Still paying players etc our wage bill is massive that 40 million will take a big dent in it and we will sell to offset it. Is our business model and can see it being Ajer after the way his agent has been talking

The_Bhoy likes this.
  6. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Wage bill, no sign of attendance revenue for the foreseeable future, sponsors that have lost money themselves and can’t afford to pay the sums they did before (to us individually and also to eufa). There’s so many economic variables that are gonna affect us this season that we can’t of prepared for. I can see any profit we’ve made in the past few seasons being used to cover us this season and one big sale (hopefully Ajer) being used to sign maybe one player, and the rest banked to cover us some more.

As everything stands as it is, how can we guarantee we will even finish next season? If statistics are to be believed, we’re still due a second wave. If that comes some time next season the financial cost will be huge!

Kiwibhoy27 likes this.
  7. shaunm

I’ve never watched him tbf,what type of defender is he?

8. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Deas had a good season out on loan at Alloa was on loan before had 2 loans to play 1st team football haven't seen too much of him but when I did see him he looked pretty good and quicker than our current CBs

The_Bhoy, Dublin Celt and shaunm like this.
  9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Single match tickets aye but tens of thousands will renew their season books.

I want the 10 at all costs, even if I don't get to sit in my seat and watch the first half of it.

I hope we're putting together a plan to show games in the UK & ROI on Celtic TV. You could easily sell that package at £10-15 a month to non-STHs and give season book holders a free pass for the games they can't get to.

If Adidas get these kits right they are going to fly off the shelves as well.

It's challenging times but it doesn't have to have a massive financial impact on us if we are innovative and the supporters show a bit of loyalty and patience to come through it.

At the end of the storm there will be a golden sky...

:62:

The_Bhoy likes this.
  10. shaunm

Just had a quick read up on him,looks like he’s left sided,6’2 and quicker than our current cbs,going by what you said mate.He played 27 games for Cowdenbeath and 24 for Alloa in the championship just there,Also not 21 until next year,hopefully he get a chance preseason,see if he can step up.

Crilly and The_Bhoy like this.
  11. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Celtic kits sell well no matter. What they need to get right is training gear and fashion. A pair of Celtic gazelles or clothes like the below https://www.zalando.co.uk/adidas-pe...vVYOIwrZyqB2vLKGE3L-QUgkVnlsyqhRoCPiYQAvD_BwE

https://www.asos.com/adidas-origina...1d8p-BhFpBcKSTSDIKS9DulDx-WN0ytBoCA_gQAvD_BwE

Season ticket money will dwindle too as they will end up refunding season tickets if they can't provide half the season ticket.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Refunds are optional not obligatory.

I understand everyone's circumstances are different and it's their choice to make but if people are renewing for next season and intend to take refunds if we can't see the game then it's going to make it absolutely impossible for the club to budget and by extension 10 in a row becomes more difficult.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  13. BADGERBHOY

There's two things that should be a priority before next season. First we need to get Eddie to sign an extension and secondly we need to move heaven and earth to sign Forster. No way can we go back to Bain after being reminded of just how much of a differerence a top class goalkeeper makes. Given the current situation in the world right now, I would be happy enough with that.

TonyTim, The_Bhoy, Rydo1888* and 2 others like this.
  14. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    In reality
    in reality though how much are Southampton gonna take for him, and how big are his wages? They’ll be looking to get as much for him as they can, and with the season he’s just had I can’t imagine we’ll be the only ones after him surely? Look at Leeds if they get promoted, they sorely need a keeper and with the money promotion brings could pay more than us for sure. Would he want to take over possibly a 50% wage cut to play with us. I would hope so, and I really do hope we get him in. But it won’t be cheap in any way!

15. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Deas’ fits the exact reason we supposedly send youngsters out on loan, and I would be gutted to not see us give him a chance as I think he’s gonna be a good player. I also reckon when sending defenders out on loan we should be trying to get them out to the * lower league clubs like we have with him, see how they handle pressure and actually being attacked. If they can deal with that, when making the step up to play with our first team...yeah the attackers will be a higher quality, but they will have to deal with a lot less situations than they had in the lower leagues. Him and Welsh should really be given a chance. One of those guys beside Julliens experience will do them the world of good

Dublin Celt and Kiwibhoy27 like this.
  16. BADGERBHOY

I dont think they'll be that hard to deal with. They dont rate him like we do and there was hardly a queue of clubs trying to get him last year. Apparently he was happy to stay and was willing to take a hefty wage cut to do so before Corona, so I dont think that would have changed much.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  17. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Should we start a fund me page for Forster imagine it lol they always talk about it :56:

The_Bhoy likes this.
  18. The_Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    A good season for us in Europe will have definitely put him on the radar of more clubs though I would imagine. I’m very hopeful, would be a great signing! but I reckon it’s gonna be a lot more complicated now in every sense.

19. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

I hope he used a 4x2 for FF.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  20. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    We have to rely on him deciding to come to us. He knows he will be 1st choice for us, other clubs he risks not being.

The_Bhoy likes this.