1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Damien Duff

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr Shelby, Feb 12, 2020.

Discuss Damien Duff in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Think you should self isolate for a few weeks mate :fear:

2. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Reckon Darren O’dea will step up

3. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    More chance of McManus?

MickeyyMack likes this.
  4. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Do any of them have the credentials for it? I would be looking to get maloney or even Johan back in perhaps. Or someone that's been a manager at a club.

5. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    I cant see Maloney leaving the Belgium set up

6. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Be good to get someone who knows the Scottish game and has played for us before, thinking maybe Kenny Miller.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  7. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I was only saying McManus in reply to the post as he is at an older team than O'Dea. I'm not sure if either have the badges required.

8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Perfect opportunity to go and get a young up and coming coach and get him into the set up.

O’Dea has been awful at u18’s and McManus wasn’t much better.

9. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Your describing the one we are losing

Spring Time likes this.
  10. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Massive loss, hoped he could do both. Trust the club to make the right appointment, can't see that being Darren O'Dea.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

11. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Think we knew after he joined that he wouldn't be here long, not sure what is with the Irish players/ coaches proclaiming how they'd do anything for the club yet jump ship quickly (Robbie Keane/Rodgers/Duff etc), most Celtic fans see past this talk but we still hold onto the hope that they are true Celtic men . Duff said he would 'swim' to Scotland to join us last year, yet turned down the opportunity to play for us in his playing days and now he's off after 1 season. Clear as day he was only here to use us a stepping stone (like most do of course), very questionable how one can go from coaching u15's in Ireland to Celtic first team coach within the space of a year :43: but hey best wishes and all that........

I'm guessing the only reason he is getting cut some slack is he's leaving for Ireland rather than Leicester?

Gyp Rosetti and Valhalla like this.
  12. ddub11

Fair point but i really think it applies to all the players/managers at celtic.
    We get all the usual * talk about how they dreamed of playing for celtic blah blah blah and then when a good offer from someone else comes along their gone.

I take what any of them say with a pinch of salt and once they leave at the rite time/deal iv no problem with them.I find it mad how some on here lose the plot when players that have become popular leave,KT was a great example when he left some on here couldnt get over how someone who was supposed to be one of us could leave,they were wishing nothing but bad luck on the lad ,* mad.

We the fans are the heartbeat of the club(as this virus is showing us,german football with no fans *)and players will come and go saying how special the club is but we make it special,its our club and they are only passing through.

13. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

& Was only on a short term contract & isn’t the manager & hasn’t tried to take the rest of the management staff with him & waited until the end of the season & isn’t a proven serial liar & didn’t make stories up about Danny Mcgrain.

JML67, Twisty and FranceCelt like this.
  14. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    & was hear for longer than a season Who do we get in next is the question I would try and get Shaun Maloney but not sure he would leave Belgium or do both highly rated coach

15. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I've no problem with people like Duff coming to the club & leaving as we all take the Celtic fan pish with a pinch of salt. The likes of Tierney & Maloney who i don't wish any harm to can * themselves. Going by your post the fans make Celtic, is Tierney not the uber fan? I also don't have any time for Maloney either, sat on the bench most of the time then had one good season & * off asap, came back when he couldn't hack it at Villa. We also took him on as a coach then he * off again when something better came along, wee rat.

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Good opportunity for him, was hoping he could combine roles but hey ho..

Hopefully get a good standard replacement in..

Talk of Henrik... Lenny would be mental to bring in someone so revered, any bad result and people would be calling for his head and Henrik to take over.

17. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    I don't get why people get angry at players wanting to better themselves. Their ability gets questioned when playing in Scotland. Often I think players are told they help the club by moving on, I bet Tierney was told that.

18. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Larsson's managerial career has been pish. I certainly wouldn't call for him to take over.

19. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I selfishly dont want larsson as our manager ever. He is seen as the true hero. King of kings. A man who makes us all cry like we lassies going to the one direction concerts. I dont want that feeling taking away by a bad stint as manager. People say it wouldnt, but it would take that greety we lassie feeling he gives you :56:

ddub11 and trackebhoy like this.
  20. trackebhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    ANDY THOM
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I really don't think Lennon gets the choice in who his back room staff are, as the club makes the decision. He probably gets an opinion but not the final decision.

Looking at it now it has worked out for the club well with all his injuries. Walking out of the chance to be part of 10IAR for an uber fan like Tierney is shocking IMO. Nobody was asking Tierney to do what McStay did, atleast stay till 10 then go. He is the same as Rodgers in my eyes & splits the fans 50/50. We will see once he gets no game time at Arsenal he will be doing the same as Maloney & want to come back.