1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Official TC Thread] Celtic 9 in a row Champions

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, May 18, 2020.

Discuss Celtic 9 in a row Champions in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. James Gold Member Gold Member

2. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Exactly. Brown is the no1 player of the last 50 years for mentality and leadership. For actual footballing talent, passing, vision, technique, scoring, assisting, he’s not up there. Coming from someone who’s watched him live well over 100 times. I’ve seen him take the * out of opponents and show great skill, I’ve seen him score a couple belters. I’ve also watched him control, pause, look up and pass the ball directly out of play more than once.

It was widely accepted a few years ago that Brown isn’t the best technically yet his winning spirit, fun antics and dearth of midfield quality has clearly made some forgot.

If the question was ‘which player could best dribble rings around knackered st mirren players after 83 minutes’ then yes, Paddy would waltz in.

Boruc17 likes this.
  3. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Aye looking back that post is a shocker to be fair.

There’s no doubt people just overlook his flaws though. There’s nothing for me that Brown has done over 9 years that Ledley for example couldn’t have if he was here for that time period.

Someone even compared him to Lambert the other day ffs. I near choked on my tea.

The thing that’s most inaccurate is when people come out with the response that people that criticise him don’t know the game and don’t understand the dirty side.

He’s associated with being this destructive midfielder but there’s loads of times he’s let us down in that regard. Our defence have taken plenty of heat in the bigger games due to him not tracking runners effectively and lack of awareness off the ball.

4. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    *! I thought this was the thread we were celebrating winning 9 in row.....my mistake!:rolleyes:

5. murphy88

Big Sutton asking Lennon there about McCoist talking about an asterisk next to this year and if Lennon could whisper something into McCoist's ear what would it be. "Stay off the Bucky." :56:

Boruc17, packybhoy, pop47 and 2 others like this.
  6. James Gold Member Gold Member

Can't believe they never made Johan grab a lemon within 30 seconds

Marty McFly likes this.
  7. James Gold Member Gold Member

#Dembelition

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

That's total conjecture.

Aye, Ledley was a top player for us at 25 but he's done nothing of note since leaving us. A few years in the Prem, followed by skulking about the Championship then Australia. .

Broony has an insatiable desire to succeed, his physique and fitness for his age are testament to that.

At 33 Ledley couldn't get a game for Derby or Charlton and had to go to Newcastle Jets for game time. At 33 Broony won SFA players POTY and writers POTY and captained us to a Double Treble.

At 34 Broony played against a top Lazio side that was in contention for the Serie A.

Ledley had ability but football isn't solely about that, mentality comes into it too. There are levels and Broony is ahead.

He isn't a better footballer than Lambert IMO but that's no slight, he was an exceptional player...a Champions League winner.

I think people get frustrated as it's not objective to hyperfocus on Broony's mistakes and not look at the overall picture. Every player will make mistakes every single season. Broony had a bad yin to gift Cluj a penalty in the qualifiers but over the course of his 11 years at the club he has done many more good things than bad.

His record doesn't lie. He is an out-and-out winner, a freak, a master of the mental side of the game and a leader for the team during one of the most successful periods in our history.

kinglenny and Avatar Daizen like this.
  9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Nothing Brown has done for us that Ledley couldn't :56::56:

10. scotsbhoy1

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Never walk alone
    BROON\0/ WON THE LEAGUE AT KILMARNOCK.

11. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

12. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That will be BT on the boycott list now!

seanm and packybhoy like this.
  13. singer61

Fav Celtic Player:
    larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ynwa
    Anyone got a link for the bt proggy tonite

14. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Won the league this season at home to Hamilton that was a vital 3 points

Blochairnbhoy and seanm like this.
  15. Markybhoy

Who was the member that used to have an obsession with Scott Brown and would slate him constantly? I sometimes think about that and wonder if they still feel the same.

I was always a believer in Broony, even when he had the occasional bad spell. He's more skilful than he's given credit for and the Celtic shirt was never too big for him. If we do go on and wrap up 10IAR then it will be a phenomenal achievement by Broony and wee Jamesy Forresty to have been there from start to finish. The word 'legend' gets thrown around far too often these days but I would say both of those two would cement themselves as Celtic legends when that day comes.

singer61 likes this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Wanyama67 wee * still spouts * on twitter

Kiwibhoy27 likes this.
  17. Markybhoy

Naw it wisnae him. The guy had a pig for his avatar I think, and he couldn't string a coherent sentence together. Cannae mind his username though........

18. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

BROWN

Butch :56:and it was a donkey avatar. He was a genius.

19. murphy88

Butch

20. murphy88

Some of Butch's stuff was legendary :56: