1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    I never used them in the same breath I said the problem is everyone is just expecting thst level Tierney had he had to work at it. Same with taylor he is the best at the moment. I would go after meling again out of contract at rosenborg I think

The_Bhoy likes this.
  2. themouth1888

We CANNOT afford to * about this summer.

Fans will never forgive the club if we dont throw everything possible at the league. If we are still relying on likes of Biton and Hayes playing out of position early in the season and we dont do 10iar all * will break loose.

Delayed Julien last season and he was on bench in game we got knocked our CL. Would the result have been different if he had been signed a little earlier and ready to play? There's a very good chance

3. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    We can't but the way lenny is talking there won't be too much happening maybe the odd deal. Still wouldn't mind us bringing in Welsh or Deas at CB both look ready if we're not going to spend much. Think Ajer will go tbh

The_Bhoy likes this.
  4. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    We won't spend much and we have to be prepared for that. To be honest starting the season with a squad close to the current one is important. If we had Fraser in goal and Griff fit then we would have been in the champions league.

The_Bhoy and Dan Breen like this.
  5. murphy88

One thing I think we need to be considering is who we are going to replace Brown with, because that will need to happen at some point in the near future. McGinn would have been that player but we arsed about with that and blundered massively by not signing him. I would be trying to get Wanyama. He wants to come back, we know how good he is, and he is only coming up for 29. Get him in and that is Brown's replacement in my opinion.

6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    He has 2.5 years left on his contract with Montreal, we won't be buying him.

7. murphy88

He would come back in a heartbeat. He has basically said as much. I don't think we will sign him, but if we did go for him then I think he would jump at the chance.

8. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I would say excluding jullien that centre backs cost us important games this year rather than the left back position .... ajer and simunovic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The_Bhoy and Kiwibhoy27 like this.
  9. murphy88

I've already said I would sell Ajer. Goalkeeper cost us against Cluj. Jullien was poor at Livingston when we lost to be fair. In general though, left back is where we are weakest, I don't even think that's up for debate.

10. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    still think Ajer will go and maybe Ntcham not much more than that Ajer will fund Forster move other than that maybe top up one or 2 on loan move out a bit of the deadwood too.

Can see these players being moved on:

BENYU
    RALSTON
    HENDRY
    GORDON
    MILLER
    HAYES (Maybe extension)
    SHVED (Loan)
    AJER

The_Bhoy and Dan Breen like this.
  11. CountyDownFaithful

If Ajer goes we will bring in a decent replacement - I have no doubt about that.

Not too fussed if Ajer moves on, I do rate him but not as much as he rates himself. Potential to be great but also got a few mistakes in him. Cash in now while he’s still young and highly rated.

The_Bhoy and DennyCelt like this.
  12. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Would be nice but cant see clubs rushing for those, except Ajer.

13. Kiwibhoy27

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just Can't Get Enough
    Could see a st mirren or st Johnstone back in for Ralston. Sure Miller is a free agent along with Gordon and Hayes, release benyu loan out Hendry or sell him so its quite possible and Kouassi will end up in Belgium

The_Bhoy likes this.
  14. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Forgot we had Hendry. He picked up a bad injury in Australia so we are probably stuck with him

15. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    And the * turned his snout up at a move to Killie.
    Looks like we are stuck with him, nice one Brenden

16. Foley1888

I don’t think we will spend much but it sounds like Ajer will be away and if so hopefully we get the sort of figures quoted around £25m. I think Ntcham May go too if the Nice paper talk is true. I just hope we can keep Eddy but if he won’t sign a new deal and if interest from the bigger clubs like PSG or Real is remotely true he will be away .

In terms of incomings We need to get Forester on a perm, if Ajer goes a new CB is a must, we could probably do with one anyway. If Ntcham goes we either need Soro to be a good player And/or Rogic to find form.

We could do with A left back/wingback and competition for the left wing. Full back will probably depend if we shift Bolli and let Hayes go.

Potentially a striker if Eddy goes, could do with one even if he doesn’t or Klimala will need to be good.

It’s unlikely we will sign all of those and will depend a lot on what happens with starting the season, when fans are allowed in, if we get in CL, and who of our first team players leave and for how much.

One thing we need to take advantage of is people out of contract who could strengthen our team. Given we have a few who are out of contract and potentially a buyer for Kouassi then we can see a few leaving, so will need to either promote from the academy or bring in a few players to contribute.

The_Bhoy likes this.
  17. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Clubs all over Europe are in financial peril now. I see only free transfers happening, no real selling or buying.

Dan Breen likes this.
  18. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Be happy with bringing in just Forster, centre half, and maybe a winger.

Reading Lasley today in the paper and he made a good point about a lot of clubs will need to rely on youth and I dont think we should be any different

Need to give some lads an opportunity and spending money which will be really tight with this covid and a recession/depression and this will be for majority of clubs

19. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    There wi still be buying and selling, clubs gunning for promotion and titles will make that certain. Clubs have spent what they didn't have for years. It will be different but still there.

20. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    In France, several renowned clubs are threatened with bankruptcy. Spain is a mess as well. And that's 2 of the more attractive leagues out. If EPL suffers a crash, Celtic's transfer strategy will be in pieces.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.