1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Thing is I think he got better when Griffiths came back, the two of them linked up brilliantly and were unplayable at times.

2. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Eddy is so versatile it is unbelievable. He can play the sole striker but he is great at bringing the ball into the box and passing it in which has shown what a great footballer he is with a man up with him.

Rydo1888* and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Congratulation to
    @Oedouard22
    (trained at the club) for his title of champion of Scotland. He was also voted top scorer in the championship with 21 goals in 27 games.

Tommy25, bagforlife and Scotia like this.
  4. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Aye I feel he has taken to the club very well.
    Doesn't seem to be any issues between staff and the players currently, ala dembele and the snake.
    So I'm hoping he already had ambitions of being in the historic ten any way (although Tierney jumping ship tells you can never back anything when it comes to sentiment).
    But the Covid * has more than likely reduced the value on all players across the world and the lad seems switched on and reasonable.

We do however need him to sign a new contract in the next 6 months.
    Going in to next season if he hasn't extended even by a year, then it means we get to summer 21 and the lad has a year left, his value will plummet at a time we would be hoping prices to start to turn up again.

It's a must we get him on an extended deal.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

6. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    For sure mate

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I agree, that's why I'd like him to sign an extension in the summer, higher wages , maybe make him number 7, some form of Adidas deal with the 7. But we can't mess young lads around so we would have to let him off summer 2021 with our best wishes once the valuation has been met (assuming that's what he would want)

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

9. Cringer67

This would be mana from heaven

Whoflungdung likes this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Hopefully get it announced soon.

11. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

12. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

Hope he stays but can defo see him being sold.. 1 big player a season seems to be our plan

13. GreenLeanMean

Celtic striker Odsonne Edouard is on Real Madrid's radar, according to fresh reports in Spain.

News coming out of Madrid suggests that the club 'have offered' Zinedine Zidane the chance to sign the young Frenchman to bolster his squad for next season.
    According to Spanish football site Defensa Central, Zidane has received 'good reports' about Edouard from Madrid's sporting directors.

Referring to the 22-year-old as 'the gem of the European market', Defensa Central (which has over six million followers on Facebook) report that Edouard has gained the attentions of the La Liga side - and a host of other clubs - thanks to his 28 goal return from 45 games this season.

And they believe that Zidane can get his hands on the Hoops forward for a fee of around €25 million.

Defensa Central said: "Real Madrid are aware of the great interest that the footballer has generated in England, mainly, and in Europe.

According to what Central Defense has learned, Zidane would not disapprove of the signing. The footballer is very young, 22-years-old and has a lot of projection.

"In addition, in France they see him as a footballer with the level to play in the national team and his price is not excessive, 25 million euros."

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    25 million euro's to Madrid. Lol..

15. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Was absolutely convinced he'd be gone this summer. But with everything that's happened and happening right now, I think he'll stay for another season.

I'm sure the club will be offering more money and drumming in how he'd forever be a Celtic legend if he stays and wins the 10.

Markybhoy likes this.
  16. wulliebad

Who knows what will happen,after the 10 and the people collapse he might want to be here for 11,12,13....:fear:

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Moussa Dembele has backed his former Parkhead strike partner Odsonne Edouard to hit new heights with Celtic.

The Frenchman keeps close tabs on his old club since his £20m to Lyon in August 2018.

Dembele admitted he wished he could have linked up with Edouard earlier but he is convinced his pal has the tools to get to the top.

He said: “The only bad point is that we didn’t play together earlier. We knew that if we played together we’d do something good. When he first came, he was a bit shy.

“Because we come from the same place, I tried to help him, I gave him a lot of advice and after that he changed, from one player to another.

“Odsonne is a very very good player, he will go straight to the top. I think we saw what he was capable of this season. He’s a fantastic player, a player that I rate and hopefully he’ll go to the very top with Celtic. I wish him only good luck.”

aliceinsound likes this.
  18. wulliebad

Yes we are cash rich but we also pay the highest wages in scotland and it will not take long eating through that bank balance. I think we will lose at least 3 of our first team or squad in the summer.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Still gutted we never got to see more of them as a partnership that season..

Standard Liege in the pre season game had me frothing at the mouth for it..

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

That amount of goals between them.

:100:

McChiellini.. likes this.