1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Holiday/Travels Thread

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by H67, Jul 8, 2012.

Discuss Holiday/Travels Thread in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celts67

Know this is an old post man but that's what happened to me in Vegas as well the last day full 24 hr hangover and still felt like s--t on the way home .Needed a few beers to come down but didn't work insomnia and the blues for about 3 days later .

2. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Haha.
    Aye me and the wife went mental the last w days.
    Ended up getting coke of some dude and was up most of the night
    Got a couple of hours kip then it was check out at 12pm.

Then went out during the day coz our flight was the red eye to New York.

Ended up steaming all day as well.

Felt good getting back to glasgow. Was meant to go straight to Manchester but was too burst.
    Got home. Slept. Then cracked a few strongbows later

celts67 likes this.
  3. celts67

Most my time there was just in the MGM grand hotel lobby mate drinking also went to see the Mayweather boxing gym man .Thing is I went on it in Glasgow airport before my flight right through till about 24 hrs before my flight home. 24 hr hangover had to be at the airport 5am as well felt like s--t all the way home .

greengrocer likes this.
  4. TimFloyd Gold Member

Was meant to be flying to Thailand in 7 days for my birthday.

The corona really is a big * jobby

5. greengrocer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby, Larsson, Lambert
    Ooft.

Only in MGM once for rob zombie

We were staying I'm hard rock. Was excellent...only about 20 min walk off the strip so was nice to not walk out to chaos everytime.

Cant wait to get back.

celts67 likes this.
  6. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    Got my voucher back from tui and was going to get my money back but instead took the 20% extra offer and booked up for a canary island cruise in February. Bit of a chance if it will go ahead, but if I took the money she wanted a dug, so I thought * that, let's spin the coronavirus roulette wheel and see where it lands.

johnboy19 likes this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Unless tui are giving voucher holders some sort of security, that's still a risk in these times.

Should the company go belly up, vouchers will generally be last to be honoured.
    Not to put the fear in to you, but just a concern I have with it.

I think advisable (someone can correct me happily if I am wrong at all) book the cruise for February asap, at least then your money is back on a holiday that will be atol protected and all that.
    Then just keep kicking the holiday down the road if need be (personally I think we will be able to travel freely by then anyway).

Edit. Just reread that you've already made that booking, good man.
    Will leave the above visible, in case it helps others in a similar boat.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

8. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

From a purely selfish perspective, I've been sitting here hoping that my flights are cancelled.

We booked for Universal/Disney last September for going this September. All that's been handed over to date is the flights with Virgin Atlantic. We've had the money to clear the holiday in our account but I've always been the type to hold onto the money until the last minute when we need to square up our holiday.

However, we've now decided we want to move house. Our holiday money, coupled with our flight money would help move things along.

The theme parks are not going to be the same in September, there will be social distancing instructions throughout the parks etc, we just don't want to go for a couple of years now.

Where things get tricky is that Virgin have offered us a "voucher" to rebook any other flight with them at cost up until 2022 - really we just want our money back now.

9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Good mate. Jet2holidays still telling me mine is going ahead. Media outrage today at easyJet and tui announcing flights from mid June. Spain looking to open fully on 1st July probably the reason why these companies are still selling things. Double check with my insurance again and they have said unless either Jet2holidays cancel or the government forbid (not advise) against international travel then if I don’t go am * for £4k

10. celts67

11. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    aye, made sure i was covered by atol... saying that, i'm sure things should be back to some sort of normal by feb. fingers crossed.

Peej likes this.
  12. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Google that a little bit, I am sure I heard that financial expert Martin Lewis talking about this before as well. Again I could be totally wrong, but I do believe he was answering a similar question regarding customers only being offered vouchers and some way/advice not to do so and to go for the money. Will need a bit of googling around his name, holidays, vouchers, etc.

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I'd imagine so man, at worst case the cruise gets kicked back a few month, but I dare say it will go ahead, maybe with some extra hygiene care - though cruise ships these days tend to be some of the most on top places when it comes to these things anyway (contrary to belief of them being hotspots for viruses)

14. Onefootwonder

If you accept vouchers you no longer have any travel insurance if they go bust. It's too much of a risk.

Peej likes this.
  15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    CAFE29E4-FDF4-438A-89CF-91EA11A9F5BE.jpeg

So how is that going to work with the Quarantine system in the UK! As someone said the horse has bolted!

16. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Said I'd go to Vegas next year for the 10 in a row party.

Mate just txt to say he has saved some up, which is grand but as I pointed out to him there might not be a Las Vegas to visit this time next year with that * lunatic in charge.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  17. jj81

Meant to go to Greece in 3 weeks , booked for next year , was gonna go in September but leaving it and go go to caravan for a week , board games and getting sloshed

18. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    it's not really a voucher as such, it's more off a credit note and as such your fully insured through the ATOL insurance scheme. so your money is safe.

PaulM1888 likes this.
  19. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Meant to go to the states in August

20. Onefootwonder

Booking directly isn't covered by ATOL. A lot of people are dependent on their own insurance policies and they are not covered if they take any voucher or credit note.

I don't believe the government has come out and said they will cover ATOL claims. The question has been asked, but I can't find an official answer. Given the amount of debt the government has taken on, and the amount of necessary things they have to cover, I can't see refunding people's holidays at the top of their list.

The ATOL pot must be low after Thomas Cook went bust. It also took months, and I think there is still claims still be be settled yet. Even if people do get their money back, they could be waiting a long time.

I wouldn't be confident even with an ATOL backed holiday I'd get a refund. I'd be getting my cash back.