1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    The answer is no TV companies will want to pay less most likely which is the more reason why I do not see clubs spending real money until the summer transfer window of 22 at least.

Your right there is no guarantee right now there will be no fans at games next season. But the facts are until there is a vaccine and or a treatment that is the way it will be. The best we can hope for at that point is a way is found to at least hold games behind closed doors. Any government which allows any sports with full crowds is behaving recklessly and will be directly responsible for killing many of their own citizens. It simply is not safe to have mass gatherings of any nature until there is a vaccine and or a treatment and that is for sure not happening this year. The best we can hope for is asap in 2021.

As for the teams down south taking a hammering. Too bad how sad never mind is my opinion.

2. murphy88

I think you are agreeing with my point here about it being a more level playing field with us and teams down South after this is over. Teams down there rely heavily on TV deals. You don't think companies will want to be shelling out as much, neither do I. That's my point.

In terms of Ajer. There will be teams spending money. Transfers won't just stop. To buy Ajer we aren't talking about a team having to spend a fortune. He is probably valued somewhere between £8-12m give or take in my opinion. He won't sign a new deal I don't think. Both he and his agent will know that they can get a far better deal for themselves if the club are not having to pay a transfer fee.

I agree with you about having fans at games. It really depends on what governments view as mass gatherings, but even getting a game to go ahead without fans will be difficult I think any time soon. Between the players on the park and coaching staff, officials etc, you are looking at roughly 50 people involved in a game.

3. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson

Absolutely having games with no fans is not easy in of itself but I do think that is where we are going in terms of easing of restrictions. First no fans then maybe some fans but you have to have a certain number of seats in between and then a full stadium but that will only happen after a vaccine and or treatment is available.

Certainly I agree with you in terms of next season TV companies will want a reduction in what they pay over because games will be played without fans and or only a small number of fans from most of and possibly the entire season. I do not think though that will apply long term. Once a vaccine and or treatment does becomes available the hunger for football and games will likely lead to overall an increase on attendances from what they were previously to his pandemic and I can see TV money fairly quickly returning to similar levels to where it is at now or was pre pandemic. So yes teams will take a hit in the short term no question but that applies to everyone. Everyone is going to take a very heavy now and even more so going forward over the next 12 months because there will be IMHO no football next season other then behind closed doors or with few fans. This will lead teams at the top level to scale back on transfers. Now that is not to say Ajer could not still be sold in the next 12 months but I suspect he will not be .Just my opinion. Beyond my own personal opinion I do hope he sigs a new extension to his current contract instead at some point in the next 12-18 months.

4. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Matches behind closed doors will be the starting point, I suspect.
    Lots of speculation about Ajer to Brenda's lot. If the money being quoted is anything like 20M plus, then we will have to sell, especially in upcoming financial climate. If we were to get 20M, we could then go in with a cheeky bid for Benko, as he seems well out of picture with BR.
    Ajer is a player I had great hopes for, but for whatever reason, has not kicked on this season and that crap his agent came out with, before an important game, seems to have sealed his fate at Celtic. His weakness/lack of aggression in the air is a real concern for me.
    So for me, cash in now.

murphy88 likes this.
  5. HoopyT Danny McGrains Bearded Army Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Bayern Munich supposodely after another of our youngsters, Barry Hepburn 16 yo winger, knocked back a 1 year extension from us and Bayern expect to get him over the summer.

paraphrased from the pish in the Sun.

6. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    After some 19 year old Minchev from Bulgaria, think it is. Anderlecht and Torino linked too.

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

8. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

* is a p90

9. marti~bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson & Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I'm guessing played 90 minutes, but that also threw me!

10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    I'd go for Shon Weissman, relatively cheap transfer fee you'd reckon, plays in the Austrian league and has 22 goals in 21 games this season. 24 as well so a relatively good age to go for him for, low risk, potentially a high reward.

Keano88 likes this.
  11. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Lot of fair realistic comments above. The fact the club has been run generally to such a high degree over the past few years should have us in a lot more healthy position than most. Ely is a player but he is injury prone, he also doesn't suit the 3-5-2 and would be very expensive. I like hickey, he's cheap, young and I feel he has been scrutinised a bit harshly. He's the same age as dembele and has played obviously a lot more senior football. Our squad is too big so I feel Lennon will need to decide who/ what he wants and players will have to go in the summer or whoever the whole thing opens back up. The priority has to be to keep edoaurd for a further season, not just for football reasons but also to get a decent fee for him . One thing I hope to see is more integration of the youth players in to the first team Robertson connell dembele O'Connor afolabi and Welsh for a start

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Looks decent enough with a lot of potential..

Can't imagine he'd be expensive..

13. Keano88

I’m sure he’s only behind Haaland, Lewandowski, Mbappe and Immobile for goals scored in all comps.

I watched his highlight reel in Feb/Mar and remember being impressed.

Would likely settle quickly with Bitton and Elhamed kicking about as well.

Liam Scales likes this.
  14. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Who’s his agent :56:

Keano88 and McChiellini.. like this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He looks class..

Would tear it up in Scotland clinical and so lively..

16. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    I have read a few times when people have discussed us trying to sign Elyounoussi that while yes he is a quality player that he is a no because he is injury prone. So I looked up his stats and his numbers of games played looks good to me. Yes he got injured this season but in his career he has not been injury prone. He played 70 games in 3 seasons when breaking into first team professional football. Then he got his move to Molde where he played 93 games in 2 and a half seasons before moving to Basel where he played 84 games in 2 full seasons before moving to Southampton. He played 19 games in his first season at Southampton struggling after a while to get into the team and then of course this season came to us on loan. So this idea that he is somehow injury prone is just simply not true.
    IMHO he is a quality player and we hopefully are doing all we can to try and sign both Elyounoussi and Forster on permanent deals.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  17. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Reckon he is worth a punt, low risk-could be answer to LB predicament.

Forget about Ely, maybe had a chance before the virus, now just get big FF.

18. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Your probably right we will not get Elyounoussi now and I agree also if we could only sign one of the 2 loans on a permanent deal it would for sure be Fraser Forster for me as well. But hey I can be greedy and hope we get both Forster and Elyounoussi:)

Dan Breen likes this.
  19. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    We should have a look at Angel Gomes of Man U. Hes rejected a new deal and is due to leave in the summer.

20. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Just reckon we will be recruiting few and trying to offload many, get wage bill down.
    Getting big FF and holding onto Eddy would do for me, along with shipping out the dead wood/non contributors.
    Sure, our squad would then be slighter weaker but all our rivals will be a * of a lot weaker also. Can see very little SPL recruitment this next window, suspect most will offload their best players just to stay afloat.

Westlondonscot likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.