1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Armstrong Okoflex

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Jul 13, 2018.

Discuss Armstrong Okoflex in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Bunk Moreland

Its just the way other people talk, everyone isn't as eloquent as us up here:56:

On a serious note though you're right, he is as thick as pig * for putting himself in that situation in the first place and Celtic should have nipped it in the bud after he was called a 'monkey boy" twice. A disaster waiting to happen.

Artorias and James like this.
  2. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    He's dumb as * from what I have seen, and considering the platform, really should have been more sensible overall in his approach to it all. As others have said, he should have been wise enough to know by day 5 that this was only going to end up in a bad place eventually. * on singing IRA songs (agree or not!), comments about Ricksen (sick *, considering also our own Jinky, hound those * out of society!), flashing your * on a social media platform etc, that all in itself would get Instagram against you, let alone the wider society. * clearly isn't the full shilling when it comes to common sense and maturity, but even at that you'd expect any reasonably sensible lad to know this whole thing was on a slippy slope.

Not surprised the older pro's hadn't already put him straight, being honest most of us here didn't have a clue he was doing this anyway, 5 days during isolation isn't a long time, it wasn't out there out there.

However he will be getting his baws toed for the entire fiasco now, not just for the obvious comments this thread has became bout.

It's a little creepy what he said, but no worse I think than other ways of saying it - gonna grow up to be a heart breaker/handsome etc - * language these days is a joke, everything about the way modern youth speak now is to make things sound as crass, short, and punchy as possible, so a term like "peng" can generally be taken in many ways, I would be more inclined to believe he wasn't meaning it in the sense of "im away to pull one off" after that comment, but more like we would traditionally hear "will grow up a bonnie lass".

What doesn't help, and I firmly believe some on our "side" of the footballing debate are fearful of, is that this will be picked up by THEM and they will paint it as badly as they can.
    No one at Celtic hides from the issues that are in Scottish Football, or the ones at the Boys Club, but considering the general divide in support withing Scottish football, we could do without the ammunition being handed to them, to continue their vile * - from something I believe the lad meant no harm in.

3. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

This.

4. ladbroke8

Has he been released yet?

5. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Doubt he will be, would be unfair dismissal at least.

We can all agree daft thing to say, but there is no criminal aspect to what he said.
    He will be at best encouraged to be moved on, at worst his contract will be left to run out.

6. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Absolute weapon

7. Bunk Moreland

Imagine you were sacked for saying peng based on a known Hun newspaper lying in their headline and making up * about what you really meant.
    I certainly hope he isn't forced out the game for what is in all honesty * all. Our club should learn their lesson and stop our players interacting with social media from the academy to the Celtic women to the first team, we don't need it and certainly not when there's Hun newspapers ready to print headlines like 'she'll look peng when she's older" a blatant * lie. I'm tired of this media bollocks from the bullshit Morelos transfer lies to the Morelos translation lies, the racism at Celtic Park lies, now they're peddling this horse * and their eagerness to support Sevco and the pile of * lies that they have some mythical evidence against the SPFL which their own Stewart Robertson is a member of the board of. We should stop our players going on social media, ban these * rags and media outlets and their pretend journalists from Parkhead and communicate through our own Celtic TV and YouTube outlets exclusively.

Peej likes this.
  8. Marie Bookmaker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Them all!!!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    I had never heard of Peng before, so many weird words that young folk use now, salty being another, what the *?!

9. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Genuinely find it baffling how anyone can think he meant anything else.

For all Bunk is saying, whatever peng maybe previously meant or means in a different context... pretty much every time I've heard someone say peng it's to describe a woman. "She's peng" = "she's fit".

Plus, even by the look on Okoflex's face when he said it, he started to smile/laugh which sort of looked like he knew he was saying something a bit weird.

Lewis Kerr and James like this.
  10. TheHappyLoss

Didn't have a clue what it meant either

11. Bunk Moreland

It means what it means, it's not a case of used to or previously, it just does. The Sun knew this when they twisted the guys comment into a blatant lie about it adding "look" to get peoples attention.

12. ladbroke8

There are communication act laws about talking to children online mate.

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Never read them, but can't imagine he would fall in to this, considering the kids mam logged on to insta and asked for the kid to tell a joke (taking from what's been said).

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

14. ddub11

TBh i cant myself,the point is a few people on here were looking for him to be booted and i was wondering if the opinion would be the same if it was from a senior and regular team player.

Either way he done wrong and deserves to be punished,would love to hear the clubs thoughts on this.

15. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Doing the live stuff was a bad decision anyway, it was never going to end well. In terms of what he said I think it was a stupid thing to say and clearly he's dropped an absolute howler, because the Huns and Suns of this world will be all over it to take it out of context.

Do I think he was saying he is sexually attracted to that girl as she looks now? Absolutely not - the 'when she's older' part clearly implies he is attracted to grown women not girls.

The fact people are assuming it's somehow creepy to compliment anyone of any age on their looks is daft as * as well though, fair enough the word 'peng' might not be appropriate in the context but the intent behind it was kind, not sinister.

People getting on a high horse or wanting him sacked are overreacting to *. Shock horror an 18 year old has been naïve on social media :87:

Peej, joemc, ddub11 and 1 other person like this.
  16. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Not familiar with the word so really hard to comment on that.

Really surprised that the club is letting members of the youth squad do this sort of online live social media. Disaster waiting to happen. From what's been said there were plenty of warning signs beforehand.

17. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

It was her mum who was in control of the account not the 8 year old

18. ladbroke8

Doesn't matter as he was aware of the age of the person he was communicating with.

"She's one of them ones yea that'll be peng when she's older.... (something) see them from young"

It's not a good comment to be making. If it was a Rangers player who had an 8 year old on social media and said "She's one of them ones that'll be tasty when she grows up" it wouldn't be explained away as easy.

19. Lewis Kerr

Peng when used in a London slang mainly means hot/good looking.

It was a * weird and creepy thing to say. It's more his delivery when saying it, and the fact he says "u can tell, u see from young". What the *

I guess his only defence is, if you call it one, is that if he had any sinister thought behind it he wouldn't say it at all. He came out with it pretty naturally like he thought it was harmless. He could just be very, very stupid but I don't want to defend this tbh

He's an idiot, the young people nowadays are so attention seeking its unreal. Obsessed with Instagram, Tik Tok etc. It makes me sick and I'm 25.

Twisty and Rydo1888* like this.
  20. Bunk Moreland

Wrong.