1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Mar 2, 2020.

Discuss Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    But the Top League and the Championship were separate votes as regards the 75%.. the only league that concerns Dundee is their own.. and its unlikely they were planning on the SPFL chumps to release the results until all the votes were in.

I do think they have ended up in this position through circumstance rather than a grand plan... but * me, if they can plan stuff like this down to the last detail then maybe they should be running the game and the government might want to get them on board too.

2. noise

Apparently Dundee have said yes

3. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    The man from Dundee say yes??

noise likes this.
  4. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  5. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Lots running with it now!!!

6. RabS Aw fuck it Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo

:56:

Let the meltdown commence.

7. Bonobhoy

Dundee said yes.....

8. shieldsybhoy

This is the day we've all been waiting for folks. Get your feet up, wee cup of tea and let the hunplosion commence infront of your very eyes.

I absolutely love it how Celtic have said absolutely nothing this whole time.

Now, gee me my hard earned title. Now.

9. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Haha I love it.

10. Orsenfelt

0141 951 1025 it's Clyde1 SuperScorebo.. A LUV MA RANGERS RIGHT

11. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This better not be a wind up... well, not a wind up for us.. IT will WIND UP the Huns..

*... i am all out of Popcorn

12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

13. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Championees Championees ole ole ole!

DonnyCelt likes this.
  14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Just like in 2014.

Keano88 likes this.
  15. DonnyCelt

This is going to be some laugh tonight

NomDePlum and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  16. Liam Fraser

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Boys of the Old Brigade
    Thank * this farce is over.

17. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Best Title out of the lot given the * that mob have been upto over the years. :84:

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  18. Cupid Stunt

Honestly, put an asterix against it, I wanna remember the year the Huns tried to use a global pandemic to delay 10iar, failed and their pain went off the * scale for the rest of my life.

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

THE SPFL HAS ANNOUNCED THAT THE DIRECTORS’ WRITTEN RESOLUTION ENDING SEASON 2019/20 IN THE LADBROKES CHAMPIONSHIP, LADBROKES LEAGUE 1 AND LADBROKES LEAGUE 2, HAS BEEN PASSED WITH AGREEMENT BY 81% OF ALL MEMBERS.

The SPFL has announced that the directors’ written resolution ending Season 2019/20 in the Ladbrokes Championship, Ladbrokes League 1 and Ladbrokes League 2, has been passed with agreement by 81% of all members.

The announcement comes after the remaining Ladbrokes Championship club signified their agreement to the resolution today; resulting in Dundee United FC being declared champions of the Ladbrokes Championship, Raith Rovers FC being declared champions of Ladbrokes League 1, and Cove Rangers FC being declared champions of Ladbrokes League 2.

SPFL chairman Murdoch MacLennan said: “Firstly, I want to pass on my warmest congratulations to all three clubs on their successful campaigns. This was a highly unusual end to the season, to say the least, and not the one any of us would have preferred, but all three deserve enormous credit for their performances over the course of the season.

“With the turmoil and uncertainty caused by the Covid-19 outbreak, there was always going to be a highly-charged and passionate debate about how we secure the future of Scottish football.

“It is no exaggeration to say that this was an existential matter for Scottish clubs, with many of them telling us they were at real risk of going under unless the situation was resolved very quickly, so I’m pleased that the game has moved decisively.

“Whilst more than 80% of clubs agreed with the directors’ written resolution, it’s clear that others were strongly opposed. There has been talk of voiding the season, making emergency loans and so on, but what has been agreed today is not just the best way forward, it was the only realistic way forward and I now call on all 42 clubs to move forward in a constructive and positive way.”

SPFL chief executive Neil Doncaster said: “Prior to this positive result, we were unable to make the vital end-of-season payments, which will provide a lifeline to so many clubs in the lower divisions. From our detailed discussions with clubs, many were facing an enormous cash-flow crisis. We have moved as quickly as possible to try to resolve this unprecedented situation.

“We’ve achieved the 75% agreement threshold in the Ladbrokes Premiership, Championship and Leagues 1 & 2 and will now be working as quickly as we can to get the end-of-season payments to members in the three lower divisions by the end of this week.”

The SPFL board has also committed to consult on possible league restructuring in time for season 2020/21 around an expanded Premiership model and has appointed Hearts chair Ann Budge and Hamilton Academical chair Les Gray to jointly lead a reconstruction task force, bringing in other football figures to provide input and support. The SPFL executive will provide all possible services and support to make the work of the task force a success.
    The resolution also gives authority to the board to make a decision on the remainder of the Ladbrokes Premiership season and the board is committed to consulting with Premiership clubs before any such decision is made.

tarboltontim likes this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We've played a blinder by sitting back and saying nothing..

I've been saying on here that whatever outcome there is, we'll still be winner's...like many other's. Our hierarchy have clearly known that..

Wasn't the way I wanted it whatsoever but * those orange * I hope this * cripples the vermin *..

Yo ho ho off we go.....