1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Mafia] MAFIA - TV Showdown

Discussion in 'Competition Corner' started by Slaw, Apr 5, 2020.

Discuss MAFIA - TV Showdown in the Competition Corner area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

This is what happens when you get to Day4 with only one lynch to analyse and even that lynch the rationale behind it seemed worth a punt so I’m not sure how much looking at the wagon will tell us...

2. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Going off absolutely * all here, scum be laughing at the point, only saving grace is bar Summer we aint lost a power role yet.

@everyone - who are are people at this stage most suspicious of and why?

Completely understand the 2 votes for Taz, as iv said numerous times i think he's town, but because of his going on in the early days it almost makes him impossible to keep about for the full game because he's a good player and it could be outstanding mafia play.

One thing id say with people coming out willing to die like Sean is that it narrows down the list of suspects for Scum to hit our stronger roles, so at this stage regardless if your just a VT with no power dont be flying out traps saying ur happy to die to get info, just makes the list of our power role players shorter for them to aim at during night phase.

3. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Who are you most suspicious of?

4. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Based off very little more a gut instinct which is * all, but Aidan -

His two posts since Monday, completely get the fact that there has been absolutely * all to off and people dont like putting fller posts, there are obvs other players coasting the game due to the lack of information but he's a very good player and most of his posts are just votes then he's offski.

For all ino he could have real life issues, or he may be coasting due to having a decent role but there ya go.

JC Anton likes this.
  5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Is this @Cena being more involved?(not the only one I suppose]

Still think the lynch on him not getting over the line was a bit weird, although Seán was Town and didn’t vote for him..

So, I don’t know will need to read the thread again.

6. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

There's been * all to to on JC

7. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

True mate.

Cena likes this.
  8. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Whens the deadline

9. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

7pm deadline 6 to lynch

Edit: Little activity in here so out of fairness to people in work etc ill extend deadline to 10pm.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2020
  10. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Looks like another shot in the dark if anything at all

11. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Have already said a couple of times because of the characters assigned in a game when there is no discards, and is old school Mafia is about as flimsy a reason as can be. But I did get given that host that I've no idea who it is, and am VT.

Those that have continued to push me to be lynched either are looking in completely the wrong direction, or have an ulterior motive - that they know I'm town but that the numbers are there that could be rallied to take a shot at me, which only serves to weaken the town further.

These are the reasons why I was practically begging to be lynched on day 1 when what was trying to be done was misconstrued, and as soon as I realized that was happening in order to prevent that from havin a hangover effect or misdirection effect ever since. And yet we are no closer to identifying who the actual scum are.

We have had 1 unsuccessful lynch, 3 Mafia nightkills and 1 unsuccessful vigiliante hit.

All amounting to zero scum dead.

And unless I've missed it, have no idea how many scum there are in this game, but I'm assuming being old school mafiam starting at 16, then it wouldn not be unreasonable there are 4.

That means then we really only have 1 or 2 more day phases left before the game is done and the scum have won.

The scum are going to keep me around as a distraction, at least as a nightkill option, and any town night actions taken out (cop/jailkeeper/doctor etc) is wasted on me, when they would be better used to investigate/protect others.

Taking me out on day 1 would have prevented all of that from happening, as it would've caused the least amount of distraction and with diminishing numbers we can't afford to keep getting this wrong.

12. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

Vote Taz.

always gonna be a lingering doubt. Can’t have you anywhere near the final day

13. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Vote Count:

Taz (3): Pablo, Tim, Idio

11 remain. 6 to lynch. Deadline 10pm.

14. Aidan O’Shea

I’ve a * role, just VT. Posted Sean based on Keano’s reason - which wasn’t unsound.

Account Deactivated likes this.
  15. Aidan O’Shea

This is pretty tempting and we need to get a lynch on the go.

Will hold off for now, however.

16. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Right just over 4 hour, whats crack?

17. Idioteque I’ll laugh until my head comes off

No Lynch is getting us nowhere.

18. Aidan O’Shea

* it

Vote Taz

19. Taz Blind Justice Gold Member News Writer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Has anyone seen anywhere, where @Slaw has confirmed how many mafia there is?

We started at 16, and in OS Mafia that would be 3-4 Scum in a ratio of that number.

We are currently sitting at 11. Which means if you lynch me, the down is down to 10. Mafia hit someone overnight, and down to 9. Which means there is a single day phase left and the town cannot make any mistakes or it's game over - if there are 4 in the game.

Putting any votes to lynch me at this stage is a suicide move for the town. Can sacrifice a VT * on day 1, when there are numbers to work with, but when the margin is getting this tight, there is precious little room for mistakes.

And that's not even taking into account any other town power role that can take a swing at someone overnight - like the vigiliante.

I think we should be looking at those that are targeting/bandwagoning on targeting me, because lynching any townie at this point puts them right on the cusp of winning the game.

20. Slaw Gold Member Gold Member

Vote Count:

Taz (4): Pablo, Tim, Idio, Aidan

11 remain. 6 to lynch. Deadline 10pm (2.5 hours from now for those abroad).