1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Transfer Talk

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by PaulM1888, Jun 24, 2009.

Discuss Transfer Talk in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Foley1888

Once loans end and players who are out of contract to the squad will look quite bare and we will need a few players some good bosman options are available.

CDM Frank Boya, Mouscron 23 year old Cameron international around 6’4 and built like a tank, could be our new midfield destroyer.

Left Back Filip Mladenovic Lechia Gdańsk, 28 year old Serbian international seems like a left sided El Hamed in terms of style.

Striker Moussa Sylla, Monanco, 20 year old French Unders caped player who seemed to be well fancied last season but has fell down the pecking order due to big spending. Could be a good move all round.

Bryan Linssen, Vitesse, 29 year old left winger who has 14 goals and 5 assists this season and is there captain.

Aitor Cantalapeiedra, Twente, 24 year old right winger from Spain, who looks pacy likes to come in off the right and got decent delivery. Would give Forrest competition. Looks comfy on either foot as well.

Tim Matavz, Vitesse, 31 year old experienced Slovenian international target man striker could give us another option upfront.

2. TricolourTim

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Axel Disasi

Is a player who I think has similar attributes to Big Christopher Julien. I think he should be looked at now as he is out of contract at the end of this season.

Plays for Stade de Reims who have the best defensive record in France.

Played every game and from what I've read is a very comfortable ball playing CB. His brother is his agent and from an artical it seems he is open to leave.

1st post so sorry of it's already been mentioned or in wrong place.

Hail Hail

Dan Breen likes this.
  3. Priest

Looks like he still has another year left on his deal so he's probably out of our price range just now as the Reims chairman has said they would want an "enormous" amount of money to sell him.

4. TricolourTim

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Worth keeping an eye on the situation. Cause the chairman has also criticised the players brother being his agent. Yeah a year left but in the next window he can talk with other clubs. Maybe even sign a pre contract and force a discount sale.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    They both looked good..

Kaufmann looks like he's going somewhere for a 19 year old. Strong and quick..

We should deffo be keeping an eye on them..

I'm really hoping we're thinking outside the box this summer and can get some real deals in. Pre contracts...spotting a player from a smaller league like Wanyama for example before they're out of our price range etc. There's definitely a lot of quality out there if we get in first and do our homework..

Pearse67* and Hammy89 like this.
  6. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Pavel Bucha. 22 year old Czech midfielder..

Got 9 goals and 7 assists this season. Could be that Ntcham type replacement..

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Darian Males. 18 year old Swiss attacking mid..

Looks really good..

8. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Eldor Shomurodov. 24 from Uzbekistan. Scored 11 in 21 in the Russian top flight this season..

9. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    THE summer transfer window could be open until January next year, according to the Mirror.

Football authorities in England are discussing proposals to extend the summer transfer window into the new year because of the ongoing postponement of all football due to the coronavirus pandemic.

EFL clubs have had to look at alternatives as the season may not to be completed by the time the window opens in July, which would lead to what the Mirror call "one giant long transfer window and a free-for-all on transfers".

The report states that FIFA have created a Working Group to figure out how the transfer market will work once the Covid-19 crisis has subsided, with Premier League clubs keen to find a solution.

A FIFA spokesperson told the Mirror: “On 18 March the Bureau of the FIFA Councildecided to establish a FIFA-Confederations Working Group in response to COVID-19.

“This Working Group will assess the need for amendments or temporary dispensations to the FIFA Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players’ to protect contracts for both players and clubs and adjusting player registration periods.

“This work has already started and will be conducted in consultation with all key stakeholders, including confederations, member associations, clubs, leagues and players.”

10. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Ireland duo Robbie Brady and Jeff Hendrick are reportedly being targeted by Celtic boss Neil Lennon.

The pair who are currently playing their football at Burnley in the Premier League are out of contract at the end of the season and are yet to agree a new deal. This would mean they could leave the club on a free at the end of the season

11. ddub11

Interesting one,

But questions marks about both of them,Brady is injury prone and Hendricks was once a decent player seems to have gone off the boil so imo we should not take a chance with Brady.

As for Hendrick perhaps a change of scenery in a different league will reignite his passion.

12. BR Fenian Army

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SCOTT BROWN SCOTT BROWN HE'S THE LEADER OF THE CELTIC
    Brady, McClean, Hendrick...get them all up the road.

13. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    I like Brady, think he'd be brilliant if we continue with our 3-5-2 formation too. Not so sure where Hendrick fits in, especially since we already have to shoehorn forrest in.

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Always quite rated Brady but what kinda injuries has he had? Seems to have disappeared..

Lenny type signing as he can play left wing back and right or left wing....probably even behind the striker in the 10 as well as left back no doubt..

Just looked there he's only just turned 28 and at a free I'd take a chance all day long..

One of Ireland's best player's on form and played at a high level for year's with a wand of a left peg..

No sure about Hendrick but both on a free I can see why we'd be interested. I'm sure someone said on here Hendrick was a big Tim and another check, he's also just turned 28 so both in their peak year's to be fair..

Tommy25 likes this.
  15. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    I've seen him play on the right for Burnley and Ireland but he's deffo more suited to being central..

16. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Unfortunately we're kind of packed in the middle too. He could be a good rotation option for Brown but he would only come here to be first choice imo

17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Aye I'm no sure about him and he's more forward thinking anyway don't think he could play the Broony role at all..

18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    i actually thought he was a more defensive player, no? If not no idea where he would fit tbh

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    100% more forward thinking mate..

Don't know if it's because he's playing for Burnley and Ireland in more rigid formations but I imagine he'd be a decent box to box rather than shunted to right mid and the likes..

20. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Brady has some left foot on him, brilliant crosser.

Hendrick looked a good box to box player, nt sure where he gets in though.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.