1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Brown

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by hkbhoy, May 15, 2007.

Discuss Scott Brown in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    They are gnomes, they aren't meant to look sexy as * :56:

2. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

3. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Just occurred to me that this could actually be the end of Broony as a first pick. :(

4. Paul67 Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Broony without hair..... Mad *

Broony with hair..... *

Lancashire Nick likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The Story Of' is a web series dedicated to small but special tales from Celtic’s illustrious history. Here, we look at Scott Brown’s iconic derby day celebration from 2011.

THERE are few celebrations that have captured the hearts of Celtic fans in recent years quite like Scott Brown’s against Rangers on February 6, 2011.

That afternoon, the sides’ Scottish Cup fifth round encounter finished 2-2 at Ibrox, but, having played close to half the game with a numerical disadvantage (Fraser Forster was sent off for bringing down Steven Naismith in the box in the first period), the draw was celebrated with the same vigour and delight as a win.

Celtic went on to win the replay at Paradise a few weeks later – and the competition itself several weeks after that again – and it was our Captain Marvel who brought the scoreline level with a mouth-watering left foot across the keeper from the edge of the penalty area.

Stood next to outspoken Rangers midfielder El Hadji Diouf when he did, Brown turned to face his opponent and raised his arms above his head – silencing any prior suggestion the Hoops talisman might struggle against the Senegalese forward.

And in an instant, an iconic and historic goal celebration was born.

“I was pleased but, at the end of the day, it’s a team performance and I can’t take all the credit as all the lads worked hard,” said Brown in an exclusive interview with the Celtic View after the game in 2011. “Especially when we went down to 10-men it was going to be hard for us. But if you were a neutral watching the game way we kept the ball it would like it was us with 11 men against 10.

“There wasn’t a bad player on the park. I think we all played really well and dealt with the pressures of playing at Ibrox.”

As for the goal and celebration itself, Brown’s message back then was clear.

He added: “It was: left-foot. Top-corner. Sorry! Mark Wilson did well to be fair on the overlap, and it doesn’t happen a lot to score with my left foot. But it’s definitely up there with some of the best goals I have scored.

“Everything just rushed by that quick, I didn’t really know what to do so I just stood still, raised my arms, and that was the easiest thing to do.”

seanm likes this.
  6. celts67

Thinking of my top 10 atg boxers and thinking what makes a fighter great .Longativety is one why this thread has came to mind think Chavez Sr was something like 60 0 why longactivity makes Broony great .

7. Jeffrey

The club needs to drop the whole 'media training' *. You have players with likeable personalities and turn them into boring * robots. Let the guys be themselves on camera, * cringeworthy.

8. Zanderama

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Fav Celtic Song:
    ALL OF THEM!!!!
    Hate this too, especially wi the Scottish players. Every answer starts with "Yeh". It's like they're not allowed to say "Aye", instead of "Yes". Only a wee thing but annoys me, coz it's obvious

9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Not Celtic specific, it’s modern football and it has to happen.

Journalists can ruin a players career with a single carefully worded question and the players have to be equipped to deal with that.

10. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

Just as @PaulM1888 said that is what they need to say, you can * up yer career royaly when speaking yer mind.

11. Jeffrey

One bad word can ruin yer career. Also a load of *. Suarez has bitten chunks out of *, racially abused evra and is barcelonas striker.

Making a video from home in which you talk like a regular human being isn't any of the above.

Paul McAuley likes this.
  12. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

So your issue isn’t media training, just that they should sometimes not use it?

13. FranceCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - McGregor, Past - Lubo
    When you don't have media training, you risk ending up with "World Class Breakfasts", "Eggless Omelettes" and French Speaking fake hardmen..... :84:

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

15. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

18. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
  19. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    You've totally got withdrawal symptoms really bad, I love Broony as much as everyone, his playing style is much more subtle then brutal and creates a lot of our movement which obviously means the guy is intelligence, managers don't hand out the armband cause somebody says 'gie tae him boss if you value you life', managers see it on the training ground and they hear the banter in the dressing room which translates to the pitch.

So don't stop reading the papers, they only want reaction. read the posts on a Celtic forum which fill the whole spectrum to tempt you into fill him in and philosophy :61: Physics says the steam from the heat of our cups suggests something very hot is making this happen

20. honda Gold Member Gold Member

This break will do his body wonders. Probably play on an extra 4 years.

seanm and Lilac Wine like this.