1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Odsonne Edouard

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by CelticKurd, Aug 31, 2017.

Discuss Odsonne Edouard in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Someone PLEASE find a vaccine.

Keano88, Hammy89, Rydo1888* and 2 others like this.
  2. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    The 22-year-old has caught the eye in the SPL this season and the Gunners look set to test Celtic's resolve with a bid for the player in the summer

Arsenal are considering a summer move for Celtic forward Odsonne Edouard as they aim to build ahead of next season.

Gunners boss Mikel Arteta wants to add to his frontline regardless of what the future holds for Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang.
    And Hoops hitman Edouard is in his sights, having scored 61 goals in 125 appearances since his arrival from Paris Saint-Germain in 2018.

The 22-year-old — capped six times by France at Under-21 level — has scored 27 times this season, and helped Celtic to move 13 points clear ahead of closest rivals Celtic at the top of the table before the season was suspended due to the coronaviruscrisis.

Leicester and Everton have also run checks on the £30million-rated youngster, and the Gunners could be set to take part in a transfer tug-of-war.

In a recent interview with Virgin Media Sport , however, Edouard did not appear to be in any hurry to move on from Celtic, and spoke of how much he was enjoying his time in Scotland.

When asked how he felt to play at Celtic Park, he said: "It's something incredible. When we go home after it's been an unforgettable night and when we play at Celtic Park on a European night, I really enjoy the atmosphere.
    "I really appreciate what the fans do and I hope it continues that way."

Aubameyang, 30, will have just a year to run on his Arsenal contract from June and his position leaves bosses at the Emirates with a decision to make.

They can either cash in this summer, with Manchester United and Barcelona among the clubs widely expected to make a move for the Gabonese star, who would cost around £50m.

Or they could risk losing him for nothing the following summer if he refuses to sign an extension in north London.

3. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Think this could all be worked to our advantage and we should look to sign him up to an extension now

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

4. NakamuraTastic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Naka, Rogic & Alan Watts!
    No one is going anywhere at the moment to be honest. BTW, I learned about this story on the blue mob page. They all want him sold. Sign him up on an extension so when we do (and we will sell him one day) we get good dosh.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  5. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Tend to think your right and doubt we will see much transfer activity this July compared to normal. Would be brilliant if we could sign him up now to an extension and keep him at Celtic at least one more season.

6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The Story Of' is a web series dedicated to small but special tales from Celtic’s illustrious history. Here, Odsonne Edouard explains last season’s Treble Treble-clincher.

WITH the global football calendar currently postponed across the board, the future of this season’s Scottish Cup campaign remains unclear. Celtic were of course through to the semi-finals of the competition for a fourth successive year, having gone all the way to defeat Hearts in last year’s tournament to clinch the unprecedented Treble Treble.

That afternoon, May 25, 2019, the Hoops came from behind to make history once more, when French hitman Odsonne Edouard found the net twice – once from the spot and once with the coolest of high-pressure finishes, 15 minutes from normal time.

“In terms of my career, scoring twice in the final game of the Treble Treble is a proud moment,” Edouard told the Celtic View ahead of this season’s domestic trail. “It’s definitely one of the best moments of my career so far, but my career in total is three years-long at this point. I want to add big moments every season I play.”

Celtic fought hard at Hampden to restore parity on the scoreboard, but Edouard remains adamant he and his peers were determined to avoid extra-time. With the final heading for an additional half-hour and the prospect of penalties, the then 21-year-old striker latched on to a Mikael Lustig through-ball, burst towards goal and coolly fired home from just inside the box.

“It was a great ball and quick-thinking from Mika to head the ball with his first touch,” Edouard continued. “From there, I knew what I wanted to do and that was to drive at the Hearts defence and either take the shot on, or look at my options on either side.

“I found the space to shoot, and as soon as the ball left my foot, I was confident it was going to hit the back of the net.

“People talk about nerves in these situations, but I don’t think you allow yourself time to think about it in the moment, you just act on instinct. It was a great goal for me and for the team."

After that, the green and white half of Hampden erupted as the Paradise faithful chanted the Frenchman’s Stone Roses-inspired ‘I Wanna Be Edouard’ anthem in unison.

Edouard added: “The Stone Roses aren’t really my style of music, I’m more into rap music, so it’s not normally the kind of song I’d listen to in my own time. But I love listening to it during the game!”

DennyCelt likes this.
  7. The Magnificent 7 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I hope the big man stays for Terry Munro!!

Am I being realistic? Probably not, but I know he loves THE CLUB. Give him 50 or 60k a week and extend his contract with the promise he’ll be allowed to leave.......if he wants, after 10IAR.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  8. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    One huge footballing silver lining to this shitshow is Eddy, nor anyone else, is going anywhere this summer. Footy won’t get going again til September at the earliest and I’d like to think we could get a bye to the Champions League meaning he’d surely stay to complete the ten and play in the top competition, as his talent requires and deserves.

9. Cupid Stunt

Why would we get a bye to the Champions League?

The only way I could see that is if they expanded it quite considerably.

Are we not still going in at the first round of qualifiers this season?

10. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    I just don’t see how there’s gonna be time for all the qualifiers, let alone finishing this season, unless they drastically cut short next season across Europe, cancelling all breaks and axing all cups, which would * numerous smaller clubs.

The entire football calendar needs drastically changed and for once it could benefit Celitc

Dan Breen likes this.
  11. Cupid Stunt

I think there would be a whole host of clubs in the queue ahead of us if teams were selected to participate automatically.

You can't pick someone from the first or second qualifying round ahead of people that go straight in to the play-offs.

I think if anything, we'd maybe get invited in to the Europa League but even then, clubs that miss out are not going to be happy about it as we shouldn't even be in that qualifying path until we fail in the CL.

12. AwesomeCaz

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    I don’t think you’re wrong but UEFA was talking recently about introducing historical seeding, bumping us up the rankings based on 67. Outside Celtic I don’t see how making dozens of teams play 4x2 legged games just to get into Europe is gonna be doable. I think both this and next seasons competitions will be reduced to one-off ties and possibly even the group stage scrapped with the whole tournament being knock out like the old days.

Also that new 3rd UEFA competition they were mooting could be fast tracked into service giving more teams Euro slots

13. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    To be honest I wouldn't be surprised if UEFA tried to make that 3rd competition straight away. Cuts out qualifiers massively by instantly creating 48 new European slots. You could also make Europa 64 teams with no teams coming in from the Champions league after the knockouts. If the 3rd competition had 64 you would create an extra 80 places.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2020
  14. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    There was talk of just having top 32 ranked Champions in Group stages only with no qualifiers leading up to group stages.
    Celtic would be in this.
    So it would be the following teams if all leagues ended right now in ranking.

1) Liverpool (as current holders and EPl champions)
    2) Chelsea (as current EL holders)
    rest are in country rankings for CL comps

3) Barcelona
    4) Juventus
    5) Bayern Munich
    6) PSG
    7) Zenit
    8) Porto
    9) Brugge
    10) Donetsk
    11) Trabzonspor
    12) Ajax
    13) LASK
    14) Slavia Prague
    15) Olympiakos
    16) Dinamo Zagreb
    17) Midtjylland
    18) St Gallen
    19) Nicosia
    20) Crvena Zvezda
    21) Celtic
    22) Dinamo Brest
    23) Djurdardens
    24) Molde
    25) Astana
    26) Legia Warsaw
    27) Qarabag
    28) BNEI Yehuda
    29) |Ludogorets
    30) CFR Cluj
    31) Slovan Bratislava
    32) Olimpija

This would mean the following 4 pots for the draw

Pot 1
    1) Liverpool
    3) Barcelona
    4) Juventus
    5) Bayern Munich
    6) PSG
    7) Zenit
    8) Porto

Pot 2
    9) Brugge
    10) Donetsk
    11) Trabzonspor
    12) Ajax
    13) LASK
    14) Slavia Prague
    15) Olympiakos
    16) Dinamo Zagreb

Pot 3
    17) Midtjylland
    18) St Gallen
    19) Nicosia
    20) Crvena Zvezda
    21) Celtic
    22) Dinamo Brest
    23) Djurdardens
    24) Molde

Pot 4
    25) Astana
    26) Legia Warsaw
    27) Qarabag
    28) BNEI Yehuda
    29) |Ludogorets
    30) CFR Cluj
    31) Slovan Bratislava
    32) Olimpija

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  15. Keano88

UEFA would never upset the top 4 in the top 4 leagues so all of those will likely be involved in any Champions League.

Cupid Stunt and Seán Mac D like this.
  16. Keano88

More likely they’d use the standings as they are now to get the 26 guaranteed spots and then if they can’t do qualifiers they’d give the 6 teams with the highest coefficient in the qualifiers a bye, which would see us involved.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  17. Drakhan Nac Mac Feegle Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jimmy McGrory
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    They have already discussed it but until Covid-19 pandemic is sorted no decision has been or will be made

18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    * the thought of him staying another season :100: