1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions!

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by LectersLuncheon, Mar 2, 2020.

Discuss Celtic & Coronavirus and competitions! in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Almost as bad as Deontay Wilder knocking out the lineal heavyweight champion of the world :36:

2. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Seeing how it's playing out across the whole globe in every type of weather it's not looking seasonal.

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Jeannie960 likes this.
  3. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    Yes but I predict it will be several months at least before World Sport is back up and running.
    The way this Virus is Spreading Sport kind of does not matter at the moment.

4. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I actually genuinely don't think he was trying to be a * mate.....which is actually more worrying imo!! Don't think it's being alarmist to say their is still an astounding amount of ignorance out there on this. Some people still think it's just a flu. Some people still think the flu is deadlier. Some people will just not understand simple facts.

After saying that, I'm cracking on as normal but would be lying if I wasn't a wee bit concerned about elderly relatives and such.

cidermaster and Jeannie960 like this.
  5. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    For a minority of people!!

But we all know and have that minority!!

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  6. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    People in their 40s hooked up onto ventilators in Italy because of it

7. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I'm out!! Think I'll hit the shops!!

8. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Boris's herding philosophy will see loads die from this....mainly those who have chronic respiratory/heart conditions or are immunocompromised or the elderly. Less of a drain on resources in their eyes. What do we do when we have a period of recession we usually have a war well this thing is likely the answer to some of their prayers. Horrible to have thoughts like that but there are actually people who do think like that. I feels eerily like a reset button has been pushed. Never could we really imagine that something this dreadful would happen. To add to all the worry of losing loved ones a lot of folks will lose their jobs as well. Put's everything into perspective doesn't it.

9. scootz

I guess this should really go on the 'Unpopular Opinions' thread, but I've umm'd and aah'd about this, and my conclusion is - if that's the season done, then I want it null-and-voided. I'd rather delay the 10 (+) in a row for another 2 years than achieve it with a title obtained in such circumstances.

10. Clint Eastwood The Good Bad and Ugly of TC

I don't get the herding philosophy at all, unless people are just accepting that a lot of people are gonna die. Which is beyond my comprehension but anyways. It's predicted 60% of the UK could get it, that's 39.6 million people, of those people 5.5 million will have severe symptoms and 2 million people will be critical cases. The mortality rate in place like China is 0.7%. So basically this policy COULD in theory be just accepting 277,000 deaths unless I'm missing something here? And by the way the mortality rate is a lot higher than 0.7% in a lot of countries.

Also why isn't any other Europe country adopting a similar strategy?

11. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain

Have you taken into account the brands x sheet size by weight = %

Garrymac1888 and Random Review like this.
  12. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    My mum has COPD and my sister is worried sick, I’ve said if any of us get it we will need to make arrangements to stay away from her. She doesn’t help though by not chucking the smoking. :47:

13. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    Yeah in his speech Boris said that we had to be prepared for loved ones to die! It's like playing Russian roulette with peoples lives. Only the strong survive! The Gov wont grieve as it's less pensions etc. People with chronic conditions and the elderly cost a lot to keep. It's a terrible idea and other countries are looking on in disbelief. We have no idea how many cases will remain hidden as people die without having been diagnosed with having it. Wait for them starting to play down the figures when the numbers get too high.

14. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I'm staying away from elderly relatives until this thing has run it's course. I know that they will be ok but it must be difficult for those who have dependent relatives.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Especially with selfish * buying up allsorts, the people that can’t afford too or can’t get out as much can’t get anything. The world is full of so many selfish people and this has brought it to the fore.

Jeannie960 and Twisty like this.
  16. scootz

There's a lot of folks eyes being opened now as to how easily a society can fall apart due to a relatively unremarkable, but hitherto unknown, bug.

Societal structure (particularly the economic element) is a VERY nervous and fragile thing!

Thank * they managed to keep the lid on SARS and MERS. We'd Really have been up * creek if either of those * had reached pandemic levels.

17. wulliebad

Given that the ones who will die are those on a pension or long term sick pay i can totally understand the tories and their.....* it attitude.
    Its shocking that this country(uk) is one of the worst in the EU for taking action to protect its people,why were flights not stopped,why have they not done what Ireland has done and increased sick pay so people have a better chance of coping.
    It might be my utter hate for everything the tories stand for is twisting my outlook on it all but i cant help but feel this is being looked at as a win win by the tories.

18. freitassen

I do understand now why authoritarian governments censor information. The average citizen is an idiot that has only two reactions: "everything is fine" and "the world is ending". And governments are still made of individuals devoid of rational and balanced thinking in crisis times.

If i had to bet, i believe more people will die from the outcome of the knee * reactions and the economic depression it caused than from the virus

19. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Why, when parts of Italy and China were in full scale lockdown was the UK still landing dozens of flights from each per day, with no screening at the airports to detect if anyone was bringing it back?

That along with this herd immunity plan is basically turning our approach into something like the Hunger Games where only the fittest survive.

20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    If they do decide to end the season and say it’s done. :celt_2:

4FD737D2-8842-4A15-8FE8-D62A4BF07206.png