1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What do we need for next season?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by ApartPidgeon, Feb 29, 2020.

Discuss What do we need for next season? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    When league is secured I feel rogic and simo should play every league game and put in shop window, I think we may lose ntcham and ajer in summer, Edouard will be most sought after but maybe he could stay.. people are demanding all these signings but for me, if we dump rogic for good money id bring in Turnbull..... We need to find internal solutions for some problems before the summer ... Can connell replace ntcham? Can O'Connor give an option, can Roberson establish himself. dembele, shved okoflex, Coffey, afolabi, Harper, Henderson deas all plenty to offer

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

2. Seosamh Máirtín

For untold number of windows we have needed to sign a new centre half. I really want us to get in at least one in the summer. Ideally in Europe we should be playing a back four with an accomplished CD alongside Julien and I'd have Ajer sitting in front of them. This would also give us the option to switch to a more natural back three in other games, as well.

I also feel like a more natural DM needs to be signed and/or somebody who can boss the centre of the park as well. I don't want to see Brown and McGregor playing another 100 games per season between 'em again. It's * up how we never rotate either one or seem to have an alternative plan. Lennon being a former CM will have his own thoughts on this I'm sure...

Most of all though, ensure Edouard stays!

3. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Can Robertson not play more as a DM? And soro

4. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I would like to see a centre back, defensive midfielder and striker. I would offer Edouard a one season mega deal with the promise he could leave in summer 21 if he so wishes.

for as long as I can remember now (back to the days of Gordon Strachan) we have had a bloated squad and have thrown away tens of millions on development project players both on fees and wages and these guys have offered us and returned nothing. All that money wasted outstrips the headline transfer fees we get on the odd jackpot sale.

we should have a solid first team squad of about 24 players plus the development/youth team.

I also think that there are a great many fans who will need to cool their beans next season. Too many reactionary mad men at the hint of a bad result. Chill pills for the Keyboard Klopps and Social Media Steins will be required.

5. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    We bought soro, we have developed Robertson, I'd rather we played them

6. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    what need is a squad overhaul, what we'll get is a couple of young prospects totalling about £10 millions if that.

We need players like Sinclair and Commons who are ready made to walk into our first team and help secure CL football and 10 in a row.

7. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

the only right Words here

8. Lennon1888

Whoever we get in has to make an impact in that season, Cannot lose the 10, Prospects will be no good.

But with our board, I'm not so sure they care enough about the 10 to part with some cash.

9. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    CH
    CH that can play lb
    DM
    FF

10. john2061

The centre half Neilson of Copenhagen looked good and their goalkeeper as well had two great games .

11. Carnival Roddie

Fav Celtic Player:
    Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Get FF signed and two new CB’s with Jozo being wished well in all his endeavours.
    If we are playing 3 CB’s we need 6 quality ones. We barely have 2 just now.

We face losing Eddy and/or McGregor but either of these should easily fund what we need to replace them, plus a new LW and RW.

I still think Hayes/Taylor/Boli is a weakness

12. DaveKing'seye

Young with high potential is the key for the next stages of our dominance. Think we should be taking advantage of the academy's of the top champions league sides to unearth some more superstars (edouard & Frimpong) and utilizing our own facilities for the new Scottish talent ( Johnston & Dembele).

Then we bring in a couple more experienced players from places like Denmark, Sweden & croatia, countries with good teams but not alot of money where we could get a wee bargain.

13. ourdaywillcome! Gold Member Gold Member

We have overachieved a bit for me until Copenhagen, I think we need a good bit of investment.

A new keeper, good centre half and a quality winger are absolute musts. That's a huge chunk of even a generous budget gone already.

Then we need Soro and Kllimala to prove their worth. If they two don't, then it's another season of Brown playing every game, another season of praying Griff isn't sidelined and Edouard isn't sold.

It sounds mad even moaning off the back of trebles, and fighting for another, but we need to push on. Fed up seeing us rest on our laurels and get pinged for it in Europe again and again.

Mr Shelby and Seosamh Máirtín like this.
  14. wulliebad

eddy and our two loan players.
    Another defender or two.

15. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Achieve another treble and qualify for UEFA champion league

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Forster re-signed or another quality GK
    CB
    Left-sided CB
    LW - Elyounoussi will return to Southampton, class player but the injuries make a permanent move unlikely
    RW - Competition for Forrest
    Striker - If Eddie goes
    CM - If Ntcham goes
    LB - If Lennon moves Boli on

17. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I'm prepared to get slaughtered for this, but I think we should sign Ferguson from Aberdeen.

He's a bit raw and a bit of a hack but it's obvious hes got bags of talent. Get him in a midfield three with Callum and Christie and I think he'd be up to scratch in no time.

Obviously he's from a hun family but I'm sure playing for Scotland's most successful club will outweigh any loyalties to the dead club.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

If they wanted £7-10 million for McKenna, much are they going to want for Ferguson?

Henderson is a much better CM for me, the downside is he hasn't had as regular game-time. He badly needs a loan move where he's playing week-in-week out.

19. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

A marquee and a week aff work.

Garrymac1888 likes this.
  20. Avatar Daizen The Last Hunskelper Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Charlie Mulgrew
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The SAM Song
    I have high hopes for Hendo as well, but he is still very much a development player, and he still has a lot to prove at first team level.

I think Ferguson has impressed at Aberdeen in much the same way that Christie did during his loan there, and he's proved he's got what it takes at this level. And imo, he could improve the Celtic squad.

If Aberdeen decide to play hardball over a ridiculous transfer fee then it's obviously a non starter. But at the right price I think we should go for it.