1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Feb 23, 2020.

Discuss Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
  2. CountyDownFaithful

Spot on.

The missed chances cost us just as much as the individual mistakes.

I was not confident last night because the saying that ‘you need to take your chances at this level’ is true. If you don’t they come back to haunt you. We should have buried them in the first leg.

3. scootz

Figured he was going to get at least a bollocking!

Cannae just clatter intae the back o' folk because you've scored a goal. Also unwise to then remonstrate with the Polis when they try pointing that out to you!

4. scootz

How do we weigh up a 'mistake'?

As folks have said, some of our players missed sitters over the 2 legs... HUGE tie-altering errors... but they didn't get an ounce of the stick that Jozo got for his brain-fart.

I'm not for a second suggesting that Jozo's mistake should be papered over (it was an awful piece of decision making), but it's always struck me as a tad unfair that Defenders and Goalies take far more * for their goal-conceding mistakes than attackers do for their goal-butchering mistakes.

5. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

His whole performance was woeful tho, made so many errors in the first half too, should have been hooked at HT..

Cost us a pen v Killie too. He's just not good enough.

Gyp Rosetti and scootz like this.
  6. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    That result last night was nowhere near as poor as losing to those horrible *'s on the 29th.
    With two games possibly three to play them....I hope Lennon and the coaching staff have learned something.
    After last night I don't think they have as it was the same old again, but we'll find out....
    Soon .

seanm and Sydneysider like this.
  7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    Should've given away another penalty just before that with a blatant handball before the Brophy one..

He's one of the biggest diddies we've had in year's..

Keano88 and JC Anton like this.
  8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Performance was brutal, made even worse by the fact that it was at CP, we folded so easily against a very average team.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    The attackers do get the blame as well..

Eddy should've scored at least another in Copenhagen and possibly gone home with the match ball if McGregor slipped him in second half out there. Both players were dreadful in the return last night funnily enough..

Mo missed a sitter to put us in the driving seat..

That doesn't excuse the disgraceful, amateurish, embarrassing performances at the back by mainly Jozo. Ajer again didn't cover his self in glory either..

10. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

I was just to the left of that was quality tbf sent him flying

11. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Normally you and I are pretty much on the same page but I am going to disagree this time to an extent. Without being great last night I thought we were playing ok in the first half in control of things and we should have been 1-0 up at half especially with that sitter that Elyounoussi missed while Forster may as well have pulled out the deck chair for all he had to do. The first 10 minutes of the second half were the same until Simunovic basically kicked the ball into our own net with that disaster back pass. That changed things totally as they got a lift and clearly we were thrown for a loop so bad was the gaff for that goal.

Where I will agree with you is in how brutal we were and how we collapsed in that final 10 minutes after we equalized. Instead of that goal galvanizing us they high pressed us right afterward and Jullien who in fairness was brilliant throughout the 2 games played a poor pass that Rogic could not deal with but not just that we still did not recover in transition quickly enough and the rest is history.

The real disappointment for me was this was clearly an opportunity missed. Over the 2 legs we created plenty of chances to win the tie but did not take them and that left us open to the * show that was Simunovic's back pass in the second half last night. Simunovic must take a heavy share of the blame for that defeat last night but in fairness to him he is not alone. Elyounoussi played well but that miss come on that was as bad as Simunovic's back pass and we missed plenty of other chances. Edouard in the first leg Griffiths last night with the keeper on the ground and then collectively as a group that last 10 after we equalized what the * was that.

On a completely different note I normally would not go after another teams players and I have no issue with Copenhagen as a team except one player N'Doye. What a complete and utter * and scumbag of a player he is. He spent the entire 2 legs fouling and giving nasty cheap shots mostly at Jullien and every time the camera would pan to him after his latest foul he would have this big grin on his face. What a * scumbag of a player.

12. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Still raging at this. They had some big players missing for them and we pretty much had a full squad of players to choose from. Read before the first leg that they were basically a team of * bags and that they fell apart under any pressure… that certainly wasn’t the case

Spending wisely is a factor. Klimala and Soro could well turn into good players for us but I don’t understand at all the need to bring them in for January and they barely get a sniff the rest of the season.

We should be looking to improve priority areas such as defence first with quality then bringing in some projects that we can introduce slowly. Not buy in projects when there is clearly areas that need immediate attention.

There is no doubt we have a strong squad that should be more than good enough to beat the likes of Copenhagen, AEK, Cluj but we take risks year after year with not strengthening the most important areas and once again the defence hasn’t been good enough.

We need another out and out defender like Jullien that doesn’t * about and primarily does his job which is to defend and clear his lines. Simunovic can’t be relied upon. Ajer has a lot of potential but takes too many chances too often and isn’t imposing enough in the air for someone of his size.

Keano88 and Lewis Kerr like this.
  13. Keano88

Chuck them oot the competition :fear:

14. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Just seen this now.

A bad result and you come back.

Away and take yourself to * ya *.

15. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    It's clear now we need a better defensive roster. Only Jullien has European quality. Elhamed's absence was felt. I opposed the prioritising of a CF in January, and now I am left wondering what would've happened with a better CB being available instead of Šimunović.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  16. Sydneysider

Seriously, it was the 85 minute the officials should have taken action against the Copenhagen player who shoved the cop and the daft Dane asst coach who raced across to shove the copper in the back.

If it had been one of ours (eg Griff ) to blame the Daily Hun would have been screaming blue murder

Last edited: Feb 29, 2020
  17. DaveKing'seye

The most annoying thing for me about the game was the fact we changed our system at home to an inferior team in Europe. When push comes to shove, Getting through in the Europa league would be a great bonus but that is all it would be, a bonus. But since it is a bonus, why not go out and play the we do in the SPFL? Just go for the jugular, and if we get beat then * it. No matter what any die hard Tim or Hun would say the list of priorities is;

1. League
    2. Scottish Cup
    3. Europa League

A good win tomorrow and we are in pole position for another treble. This is a great time to be a Tim.

seanm likes this.
  18. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

League, EL and then Scottish Cup for me.

We’ve won a treble treble now. European progress is far more beneficial and exciting than another Scottish Cup.

Random Review likes this.
  19. DaveKing'seye

I would prioritize competitions the competitions we are in by chance of winning. With the only exception ever being champions league due to the financial gain being so large.

Its an interesting discussion though, competition priorities; would you rather win a treble and get to the last 32 of the EL by way of the EL groups or win the league and get to the champions league last 16?

20. leeso-ardoyne

* gutted about this one. Really thought we'd have did these a good few. I guess I should have known better because we all know what celtic are like, build us up so much then drips us like a ton of bricks. 3.45am I got up on Thrusday morning with the young lad to travel for this one! Disgusted I even went now. Terrible performance from us yet again when we should have done better. Also has the young nephew with us for his first Celtic game. Crying his eyes out after the match and was saying how * we were. Even he could see it ffs. Hopefully Sunday the bhoys can get us a good result go cheers us up because since that defeat, the mood has been cuntish :(

charlietully likes this.