1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    I shall edit my post and end it with HH GBNL.

HH.

2. oh bhoy

The performances have been * all season domestically we have much better players and have been reduced to grinding out results against * teams . hoofing the ball ain't good enough in Europe .

3. david100825

Maybe that’s it, I don’t know. It’s like he’s great when his back is against the wall and people really don’t fancy us, but in the easier ones he struggles with it. We pushed too hard tonight in a game we didn’t need to.

In honesty, I care very little about Europe this year and just really hope he takes huge lessons on Jozo tonight and figures what is missing in these kind of games out - the way he seems (for now!) to have gotten over his domestic cup record.

4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Away to * you ya * moon unit!

another one that goes missing then crawls out!

5. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Just for a sense of perspective.
    He got all of those wrong, including tonight; but he's got far more right- and that includes some really big games luke both Lazio games, the second Cluj game at CP and Rangers at Ibrox.

Of course he needs to learn from tonight's mistakes; but to be honest, I think a lot of thr hysteria is based on massively underestimating these teams.

This Copenhagen team were no gimme, I'd take that Nelsson in a heartbeat and their holding midfielder and goalie were very good. Up front they had that speed merchant and a cute and smart as * big, strong guy who's been there and done that giving them a great outball. Hardly world beaters, but I thought they were pretty good. Cluj only went out to Seville on away goals tonight after 2 draws. Rangers turned over Braga on their own patch.

None of these games were easy games. These are good teams we are talking about and they punish you when you don't take your chances and gift them daft goals. Yes, Lenny needs to learn from his mistakes; but maybe some of the criticism tonight is OTT.

I repeat: I agree that tonight is on him. I also still think he's doing a very good job overall. I don't see any contradiction there.

Edit: I definitely didn't accidentally write Atlético Madrid in the original post. :oops:

Last edited: Feb 28, 2020
  6. stevoEOS

Repeatedly stating how good Simunovic has been for him since he came in is really hard to stomach. Complete & utter drivel. He is nowhere * near good enough & it is plain for all to see. For such an intelligent & knowledgeable manager, he lets himself down by coming out with some absolute waffle when defending his favourites. Major gripe I have with him.

Not strengthening at CH in January was a massive error.

7. Captain Brown Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Oh boy.

Look at the table ffs. We're 4 points off the invincible season. Look at the goals scored....

We sure look to be struggling whilst scoring 4/5 goals a game :56:

King of Kings and moravcik1888 like this.
  8. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    You conviently didn’t mention Lennon. I said anytime something doesn’t go to plan according to your twisted logic it’s all Lennons fault. Everyone can offer criticism after a loss, whereas you launch into some bitter rant about Lennon every * time.

Look it’s obvious you’ve got a bit over excited and had a very enjoyable night because you have had a rare opportunity to slag off Neil Lennon after a loss. I suggest you go off to your bed now and try not to have a wet dream over what happened tonight.

9. oh bhoy

Crawls out ? Get you head out of your * you clown

10. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Got to take some of the blame tonight for changing a winnig formation but jesus some of our players tonight were terrible

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  11. Cringer67

Pray tell what performances have been “* all season”?
    Tonight was a disaster, no denying this , but comments like this are a * joke.

Keano88 and Blochairnbhoy like this.
  12. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    I know we should have beaten them and I know that Lenny seems to mess up tactically in these games but I live in hope that he will learn from his mistakes. The penny has got to drop sometime right? I just can't get too worked up about this defeat. It's a waste of energy. We show flashes of being a decent team but we're not consistent enough to maintain a really high level. I think that's why I feel philosophical about it. I came to the conclusion a long time ago that our board doesn't match the fans ambitions when it comes to European football. We could and have come up against far more embarrassing score lines. Sevco have a determination about them that our players sometimes lack but in the end they wont get far either.

13. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    This wouldn't of happened if Lennon had brown hair

14. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This season we have been clinical as * domestically! Your comment as some have said makes you out to the clown

15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Don’t talk utter *! Did you even watch us? Yes tonight was a bad result but * me! Talk about hyperbole.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    * joke his comment tbh

17. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Exactly gyp

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  18. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    He should have tried to change things more. I still don't think he's to blame though, the players were collectively pish.

19. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

What bitter rant? That he got it wrong? That maybe, just maybe, he didn't get it right in our three biggest games of the season? He didn't. We were a mess. In all three games. I've praised his domestic success and its not like I've been calling for his head - after our league form that would be nuts. I want improvement though and for him to show he's learned. Yeah, oh so bitter.

I called you out because you're constantly a * to anyone who dares to be critical. As I said, holier than thou to the extreme.

Account Deactivated likes this.
  20. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Lenny oot !

Eh naw hang oan a minute......................we could go on and win another treble. :36: