1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Feb 23, 2020.

Discuss Celtic v FC Copenhagen Thursday 27th Feb 8PM BT Sport ESPN in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Cupid Stunt

But why are we even comparing ourselves to them?

They have absolutely * all to do with us progressing as a club and shouldn't even be on our radar.

JimmyJoh and Lewis Kerr like this.
  2. truedub1916

* I wish we had got Benkovic in Jan
    How many times over the years have we not strengthen that little but in jan and it’s cost us dearly.
    The only bonus. Rangers could have a long distance away trip the Thursday before they play us. If they get a good side in the draw they could loose 3 times in a week
    That would be nice

seamus1967 likes this.
  3. Britwell bhoy Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mcstay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    We need to get this result out of our heads its all about the weekend now . We usually bounce back after nights like tonight

4. _DannyBhoy_ Gold Member Gold Member

Haven’t seen much of him but Soro seemed like the perfect player in my opinion for this game with Brown clearly not been 100%.

Wish we would get new signings up and running quicker or just sign players that are good enough to walk into the side. None of this taking time to settle pish. Best way to settle players is to give them game time in the first team. No wonder they are unsettled if they aren’t getting in squads and playing in development games!

As said already Christie was a huge miss also thought McGregor had a real off game which is very unlike him.

5. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

Kenny I'm out, im raging and * off at the game and for that reason im not going to engage with slavering *.

Rodgers was pish in Europe, Lenny just gave us our best group stage, we lost due to * * up by either missing easy chances or howlers and all of a sudden the players performed better for the rat.

As fickle as * huns our spoiled fans.

6. RiquelmeCSC

Probably an unpopular opinion but I’m sick to * of hearing about 10 this and 10 that.
    I want our team to be up there with the best in Europe. See outside of us and the tribute act, who even gives a * about the 10?

7. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

I honestly wish Corona virus on that ref! :31:

8. Lewis Kerr

Too many of our fans are obsessed with Sevco and obsessed with 10IAR

We will continue to decline on the European scale, continue to downsize and continue to let PL not spend a penny, but as long as we are above the mighty sevco then all is well in their eyes.. It's a joke

Papped out by Copenhagen, beat convincingly at home no less. A shambles and we as fans accept it. I have no expectation for any European campaign now, never felt this way as a Celtic fan before

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  9. DonnyCelt

Forrest watching the ball all the way and didn't stick out his foot for a tap in

Elyounoussi missing an easy chance from 10 yards

Eddy heading straight at the keeper

Griffiths shoots directly at the keeper who's already on the floor

Frustrating as *

jude 67 and PiotreQ like this.
  10. Cupid Stunt

The 10 is huge, but the obsession with it is holding us back and I hate seeing it brought up on a night like tonight when the 10 isn't even guaranteed.

Lewis Kerr likes this.
  11. Lewis Kerr

* sense at last

12. Mystic Penguin

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Amhrán na bhFiann
    Would you rather be 12 points clear in the league or still in Europa League and probably going to get * in the next round anyway?

Don't get me wrong I'm disappointed we didn't win but it's not the end of the world.

13. hiphopaddict

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paulo Di Canio
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Loansome Boatman
    Well this is true. But 'key fixtures' are no just ones that people notice cause we failed to win in them. I'd say a big key fixture just there was going to Pittodrie and winning 2-1 and extending our lead. Pressure was on and Lennon got the result. Aye ok Aberdeen aren't probably as good as Copenfuckinhagen but it was a key fixture and Lennon got it right. Lennon got it right at Ibrox early in the season...won 2-0. Lennon got it right winning the cup final against Hearts last year and winning us the treble. Lennon got it right in the League Cup Final against the huns....we were * that day but we won...and thats still getting it right. All key fixtures....all Lennon getting it right....so all the key fixtures need to be taken into account no just ones where we've not won

14. Cupid Stunt

I'm 100% with you on every bit of that, especially the PL part.

Gets away with murder cos he knows a win against them is around the corner.

15. DonnyCelt

He was honking tonight. That big lump upfront for them not booked for at least 6 clear fouls. Also thought he shoved our player just before they scored their second.

Ref blew for everything for them tonight

Pablo87 likes this.
  16. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    There are a few of us who think like this. There is a thread about what would you prefer, EL win or 10.

EL all day long for me, totally agree with your point.

JML67 and RiquelmeCSC like this.
  17. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

So the 10 is a problem now :56:

All you * will be out dancing in the streets when it's done and this night will be a distant memory.

Boruc17 and Chavez like this.
  18. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Good opportunity to develop our experience against top opposition, make the last 16, potentially get a top fixture and raise our European stock - gone with some * hour football.

All season we’ve had some Jekyll and Hyde performances and I hoped upon hope tonight wasn’t one.

Granted, we started the game reasonably well, not as strong as the first quarter of the ties, but well enough to breed confidence that we could secure a win. Then the bottle crashed, capitulation, the back line looked shaky in retreat and anxious in possession.

Lennon then went for Plan B. I’d like to say his switch to his alternative formation is part of his tactical nous but I’d be kidding myself on, his change was nothing more than a shape shift in hope it would make a difference.

What Lennon lacks and what will hold us back against very well coached and organised outfits, is his inability to adapt during a game, or from one game to the next with enough consistency.

It’s a difficult argument, individual errors are no fault of the manager, and plenty were on show tonight, that is unless he continually picks players that repeat offend.

Before this game I could have flipped a coin on us going through. Regardless of keeping the faith, I’ve seen enough of this setup to know that we have weaknesses that crop up and set us back.

We seem to be losing a reaction, a fight, a determination when it’s not going well. In the ‘big’ games, we can be found wanting and tonight that was stark.

I’ve read a couple of comments mention, lose one game and the place erupts. Actually we’ve lost more than one game that mattered this season and were extremely lucky to win a cup final.

Is it a major issue to go out at this stage of this competition, no, of course not. Winning that group and how we went about it was progress.
    Does it * you off the other half of the city progressed and we didn’t, that might leave a bitter taste for some, but it shouldn’t. What matters is what happens at our club!

Europe is a bonus competition and it’s now put to bed for another season, we just need to hope that we prepare well enough pre-season and both players and coaches learn from their mistakes.

Our primary focus is the league, it always will be and that’s what we all must channel our energy towards.

Some of you may want a managerial change to improve our chances in Europe, a more prestigious or tactically astute manager but the manager we have, all things considered given the league we’re in, the finances at our disposal, is really about as good as we should expect - pushing the boat out doesn’t always pay off in Europe.

Roll on 9!

seanm and cfc_kenny like this.
  19. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    That one McGregor scored as well, had the ref not blown as he struck the ball it might have stood. VAR wouldn't be allowed to look at it cause the ref already blew before the goal.

Haven't seen it on TV but keeper never looked like getting fouled to me.

littlekennie likes this.
  20. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    Was 4-2 same * aggregate score line as the huns bad * omen

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk