1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic crest bespoke paving stone

Discussion in 'TalkCeltic Pub' started by leeso-ardoyne, Feb 13, 2020.

Discuss Celtic crest bespoke paving stone in the TalkCeltic Pub area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. leeso-ardoyne

Long shot but thought id ask in here just incase. I installed the gold quartzite chippings all around my site 2 or 3 years ago but starting to not like them. To much * about with them on the slope on my drive. Soon as I showed the chick this pic, ya know how that went down. Chippings getting lifted in the next few weeks and this getting done in pic. Was going to block pave the whole site but it's coming in ridiculous money for the area I have so decided just to do the exact same as this in pics with same colours to go with the stone on the house.

What I'm looking, does anyone know anywhere that makes the bespoke Celtic crest for driveway's or has seen it anywhere. I know we have it on the celtic way but will be looking something abit smaller that'll fit into same size circle as in pic below. Does anyone know who actually did the Celtic way so I can contact them to see where they got that made.

Screenshot_20200201-232941_2.jpg Screenshot_20200212-224149_2.jpg

FannyHaddock likes this.
  2. Mince.Charming

Is that a council flat ?

Doogs., Seán Mac D, Fontaine and 4 others like this.
  3. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    Now we know where you live......:fear:

:poster_oo

4. leeso-ardoyne

Ya may join the que haha.

5. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    My Ma & Da have the Celtic crest in wrought iron on their garden gate and railings. What about a slab of marble? Maybe not last with vehicles driving over. Guy in Belfast does the marble plaques with the crest but imagine it would be big money for a large marble crest. My Mrs got me this done about 15 years ago and have never hung it. Was afraid some * would steal it off the front wall. BTW this is about 22” x 15” and fairly heavy.

upload_2020-2-13_12-28-30.jpeg

6. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Suppose you could make a Crest that size out of polystyrene etc, pour concrete and just imprint it and hope no wise * draws on it while setting.

cas79 likes this.
  7. leeso-ardoyne

That looks class!
    The joys of living in Belfast. Afraid to put anything out incase some * steals it haha. I remember the days of get that washing in before dark incase it's not there in the morning lol.

The marble did cross my mind with something similar to yours but like you say, I can't see it lasting to long with getting driven over. Can you remember where you got it?

packybhoy likes this.
  8. leeso-ardoyne

I was thinking this also only make up a granite mix instead of just concrete. Who would make the template thou.

9. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I believe it was a guy who had a yard down by Unity (Carrick Hill) beside garage. Her Ma has a furniture business so he used to call in to her to take orders for garden furniture. I can ask for you as I’m sure she’ll remember. I’ll actually ask my Mrs when she gets back.

10. leeso-ardoyne

:50:

11. smokie899

Fav Celtic Player:
    s.brown
    Armatile boucher Road do the water jet cutting. Can cut through anything and do any design. Expensive.
    A good shopfitting joiner could make you a template or you could just pour the mix, let set and grind it out yourself. Would be a nice thing to do over the summer, just lying back with a beer, taking your time. Therapeutic

leeso-ardoyne and packybhoy like this.
  12. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    She hasn't seen the guy in a few years and doesn't know where his business is. Try Google it as I'm sure there won't be tons of places. I'd actually look online for someone to make the mould to your spec @leeso-ardoyne.

leeso-ardoyne likes this.
  13. leeso-ardoyne

Time in the summer I have very little off :( Would rather pay for someone to make them or make a mould for me so I could fill the moulds with a concrete dyed mix!

14. leeso-ardoyne

Sound.

Think this is the way to go. Will send few emails away see if I can get something made up.

15. Mr. Slippyfist

Make your own one ya lazy *...

16. leeso-ardoyne

Haha lazy is something I ain't :celt_2:. It's fitting the time in to make it.

17. leeso-ardoyne

Found somewhere that'll make a mould but they've mentioned I might need to ask Celtic because of copyright infringement. This didn't even cross my mind.

packybhoy likes this.
  18. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Aye some companies are funny that way. Tell them you are a director with a heated drive.

bagforlife likes this.
  19. belbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley...the shebeen version
    Theres a house in Dunedin park(Ardoyne) about 10 houses from the top has some lovely gates with the Celtic crest and wording looks class
    next time you are up may be worth giving him a knock as his supplier may do the paving etc

20. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Tell them to STFU, jobsworths.

It’s our badge as fans, end of story.