1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic ban Sky

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Feb 11, 2020.

Discuss Celtic ban Sky in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    CQN which I cannot fully access (in work) says SKy refuse to cooperate ???? anyone able to confirm what this is about.

2. Maestro 08

I'm sure somewhere in the fine detail of the contract there's scope for Celtic to argue for release from the contract. Failing that they could agitate for one by making things very difficult for Sky and forcing their hand BUT they won't. There's likely no real appetite for this at boardroom level. I suspect after a period on the sidelines for Sky a scapegoat will be found, handed his or her P45 and it will be business as usual.

Fully87 likes this.
  3. horseshoe

If he wasn't such a braindead cretin he would have stepped down himself after that, would have been bad enough on it's own but the fact this moron has a mental health charity and spouted this pish is indefensible.

4. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

All down to the translategate Celtic want names sky know if the names are out in open then
    More issues so Celtic have temporarily band them until then

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Scab :fear:

jocksteinupper likes this.
  6. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Much Obliged CH I thought this would be their position on it .
    On further thoughts we will surley find out who did what when Ofcom finalise their findings ?

Last edited: Feb 12, 2020
  7. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Am not so sure

I read that it takes 2 weeks for Ofcom to even contemplate that an investigation is required then another 50 days for findings
    After that so the question is will we ever find out ? I hope so but doubt it.

8. smiddybar

Fav Celtic Player:
    Bobby Murdoch
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    If SKY fail to disclose all of the facts surrounding this episode it will be interesting to see what Celtic's response will be ?

CH4 likes this.
  9. moravcik1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Up his bottom!

10. auldbertie

Fav Celtic Player:
    bobby lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    celtic your favourites in green .... present day.. let the people sing
    If they don't cooperate , don't just ban interviews ban them and their cameras from the last Glasgow derby of the season . That would put the cat among the pigeons

11. Maestro 08

I suspect that would be in breach of contract and leave us open to financial penalties. Curiously tho, I imagine refusing to put forward players and staff for interviews is also a breach of the contract. Will be interesting to see if Sky pursue this. If they don't it will be a significant nod to them being guilty of wrongdoing.

12. auldbertie

Fav Celtic Player:
    bobby lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    What do they give us per season . Peanuts . Tell them to shove it up their * . We have £45m in the bank . They will miss us before we miss them .
    I'm sure I read somewhere the last Glasgow derby was watched worldwide by 1. 4 million people , how much did they make out of that

13. Maestro 08

Would love us to do that and if we have any hope of making big bucks from our tv rights we need to look at something like our own subscription service. Just cant see it happening tho. I think if the board thought it was viable they would have pursued it.

Fully87 likes this.
  14. auldbertie

Fav Celtic Player:
    bobby lennox
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic tv is only available" live " outside the UK . If we could get around that rule I would ditch sky , b.t and premier sports and give the lot to Celtic tv
    I would happily pay £ 40 per month

15. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye we are in breech of contract but let’s allow sky to call us all racists, verbally abuse our striker who spent almost a year out the game with a mental health issue!

these * at sky have been wanking over Gerrard and the huns since he came up here!

game we beat them 1-0 at home. We are the home team....

1. the Gerrard graphic was bigger than BR
    2. The Gerrard graphic was place in front of BR
    3. There was a 23 minute piece on Gerrard and 7 minutes on celtic
    4. Walker, Boyd, McCann and commons are all *!
    * the contract and * sky!

Fully87, Twisty, bobs1974 and 5 others like this.
  16. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    As often here, I will go against the wind and instead of trying to make a point, I'll ask you guys some questions.

Okay, Sky * up/purposefully mistranslated the interview. Celtic made a statement regarding this to which Sky apologised. We want to pursue this further and make a third party investigation - fine, makes sense to me. But isn't it too much with banning them? This can lead to financial punishment and loosing coverage which will only do more harm in terms of finances. I understand that this is a touchy subject and there are emotions involved but don't you guys think we overreacted? For us as a club to progress is all about money, even pennies, so wouldn't it be better to play a bigger man here and just allow that investigation to happen BEFORE we ban anyone? I think this might hurt us financially over the years.

17. Maestro 08

I've got a yearly Celtic TV sub so I can watch delayed coverage of games if I've missed them. Just to watch Celtic I've got; BT sports, premier sports for the scottish cup games there, Celtic TV & took sky for 3 months Dec to Feb bcos of the amount of games we had. I can honestly say I've watched a handful of other games outside of Celtic on all those channels.

If I could pay £40 p/m for exclusive Celtic only content I would gleefully jump at the chance.

auldbertie likes this.
  18. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Is it * an overreaction!

Sky have slandered our club and our supporters, as you said purposely - thats unequivocal, there is no dubiety therefore sky are seriously in the wrong, they know who done this and we know it was Jabba and the ex-Hun and relation of jabba that is head of content at Sky Scotland, their heads must role!

Why do you think there is all Huns on every panel? The coverage Gerrard gets gees me the * dry boak.

Walker - * - fumes about celtic to fit in, * should be banned for life from celtic.
    Boyd - * - fat * attacked a guy on TV about his mental health then has a go at celtic fans in the paper in his column!
    Commons - soup taking * - trying to fit in with Walker and Boyd
    McCann - jump the * *

No its not too much banning to answer you directly!

These * have tried to destroy our brand and the reputation of the fans, now every set of football fans have * in them that is society in general, but sky went OTT.

Financial punishment, * me we get more from playing in the UCL qualifiers than we get from sky ffs, it would be minimal in relation to what we would earn from UEFA or our own TV channel - we wont lose anything greatly in terms of coverage as sky only have UK rights.

Look after the pennies and the £45m in the bank will look after us!

The reason we haven't waited on the investigation is we already know the * involved.

Celtic have grew a massive set of balls the past few weeks with media.

I contacted JP Taylor a few months back about the media and and he replied "without going into too much detail we know what we are doing we will act in due course"

ANYONE BUT CELTIC YOU KNOW!

Bozza, Twisty and CH4 like this.
  19. buchanbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    jimmy johnstone
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie malley song
    I am sure Sky don’t give a toss that they are banned from press conferences but I am glad the the club has made a stand against them . As people have rightly pointed out we we are contractually obliged to allow them to televise games . It needs the whole of Scottish football to turn their backs on Sky and hopefully negotiate a deal with BT that gets Scottish football the coverage it deserves.

20. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

If only we could break away from the contract and sign one with BT to show all our away games for next season...