1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Lewis Morgan

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 5, 2018.

Discuss Lewis Morgan in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Players like Hendry and Morgan, i don't really blame them for not being good enough, but i do question our recruitment staff for bringing them in in the first place.

Lilac Wine, Dan Breen and steg like this.
  2. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Has he gone yet..?

3. Ziggy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mjallby
    Thankfully they are at Leicester now

Dan Breen likes this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Hopefully..

5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Changed his mind.

6. Tim-Time 1888 Always look on the bright side of Life Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Enrico Annoni
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail Hail
    Sinclair gone before morgan ... * me.

7. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Still here..

8. Keano88

Why?

9. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Waiting on a US work permit

10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Inter Miami CF announced today it has signed winger Lewis Morgan from prestigious Scottish Championship side Celtic Football Club for an undisclosed transfer fee. The 23-year-old, who has also earned international experience with the Scottish national team, adds attacking threat to Inter Miami CF ahead of its historic inaugural Major League Soccer (MLS) season. Morgan will occupy an international roster slot and be added to the roster pending receipt of his International Transfer Certificate and P-1 Visa.

“Lewis is an exciting player that will contribute to our attack,” said Inter Miami CF Sporting Director Paul McDonough. “He is a pacey and dynamic player who operates well in space. He has shown his quality in Scotland and in England and we’re happy to acquire him."

Morgan joined Celtic in January 2018, making his debut later that year in a UEFA Champions League qualifying match against Alashkert Yerevan. He made 31 appearances for the club including seven in the Champions League and eight in the UEFA Europa League. He registered two Champions League assists and two Europa League goals for the team.

The 23-year-old also showed his versatility late in 2019, filling in as a striker for a number of important matches including the Scottish League Cup final, a silverware-winning 1-0 triumph for Celtic.

Morgan spent the second half of the 2018/19 season on loan at Sunderland AFC where he made 22 appearances. He tallied two goals and four assists for the club including a crucial goal that helped the team reach the EFL Trophy final.

The young wide player began his professional career at Saint Mirren Football Club in Scotland after years in the Rangers Football Club Academy. At St. Mirren, Morgan enjoyed a very productive spell, registering 18 goals and 13 assists across all competitions in the 2017/18 season. In total, he made 118 appearances for the club, totaling 29 goals and 23 assists.

Morgan has received two senior caps for Scotland, making his debut in a 2018 friendly against Peru. He made his second appearance for the national team a few days later, appearing in a friendly against Mexico.

Morgan has also featured for the Scottish U-21 team, appearing in nine matches. He registered two goals and two assists for the team.

tarboltontim likes this.
  11. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Thanks for the effort but, at the end of the day, not Celtic class.

12. TheHappyLoss

Not a bad way of life for him over there.

13. bhoy_wonder Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    King of kings
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE
    Ex players please

Dan Breen likes this.
  14. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

Surprised sinclar never made the same move

TheHappyLoss likes this.
  15. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Sinclair has his family located in or near Lancashire doesn't he? I'm pretty sure that's why he picked Preston

16. PhillyCelticSupporter

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    And the Glasgow Celtics will be there
    As a Celtic supporter in America I’m excited for when he plays the at the Union so o can hopefully get an autograph

17. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    You can visit him at HUP after big Mark McKenzie goes through him

PhillyCelticSupporter likes this.
  18. PhillyCelticSupporter

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    And the Glasgow Celtics will be there
    I am a union supporter as well (season ticket holder) so I wouldn’t hate if that happened haha

Marty McFly likes this.
  19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Lewis Morgan is determined his move to Inter Miami will turn into the American Dream.

A message came into his Instagram from a certain David Beckham, his club owner, welcoming him to his new team

That was the point when the Scotland international really knew he was going to be part of something really exciting and special.

The 23-year-old headed out to the United States of American earlier this week to embark on the next, exciting chapter of his career with Major League Soccer’s latest addition – who are also trying to land superstar Edison Cavani.

Morgan, however, is determined to Make it as Morgan rather than trying to Bend it like Beckham.

An excited Morgan confirmed: “David Beckham sent me a message welcoming me to the club via Instagram.

“It was nice but there are a lot of big people around the club, although it is his club and he is a massive draw for everyon

You can see with some of the people involved with the club that Inter Miami is going to be massive.

Also some of the top players that the club have been linked with shows how ambitious everybody at the club is.

“The plans for everything at Inter Miami are right up there.

We will be playing in a 20,000 temporary Stadium and the new stadium is unlikely to be finished for a few years.

“It shows the ambition of the club that they can build a temporary stadium that size.”

Morgan, who only arrived in Miami on Tuesday, first knew about Inter Miami’s interest about four months ago. There were times, however, he feared it wasn’t going to come off. He even went to Celtic manager Neil Lennon and chief executive Peter Lawwell to urge them to make the deal happen.

The attacker admitted: “I heard a while back about Miami’s interest, maybe in October or November.

“It wasn’t until January when things started to step up a bit.

They made a few approaches to Celtic but they were turned down.

“I had already spoken to Celtic because I hadn’t been playing as regularly as I had wanted to and a lot of the time when I was in the team it wasn’t in my preferred position.

“I felt at that point, it was best for everybody to move on and I could go and get regular football again.

“I spoke to the manager and Peter Lawwell and thankfully everybody was on the same page.

“It was just then about Celtic getting the right value for me.

“We were then in Dubai when the clubs eventually managed to sort out a fee and I was able to fly back from Celtic’s winter training camp and sort out the visa and paperwork.”

Inter Miami’s determination to get him gives Morgan the belief that he can get his career back to previous heights or even beyond, when former Celtic manager Brendan Rodgers was convinced to sign him from St Mirren in 2018.

He confidently admitted: “Inter were after me for a long time and it shows how desperate they were to get me which was good to hear and see.

“I just want to go somewhere where I can go and play football regularly.

“I am confident if I will get that chance at Miami.

“I want to get back to the levels I hit a couple of years ago before I went to Celtic. “I was playing at St Mirren and also doing well with Scotland’s under-21s.

“That was when I was at my most comfortable and I played my best football. “I was playing games regularly in my best position.

“Nothing can replicate that and it is something I am looking forward to because I know if I get that chance I will get back to those previous levels and improve again.”

Morgan has no regrets over his time at Celtic, which included loans at St Mirren and Sunderland, but knows they never really saw the best of him.

“There were a lot of positives experiences in my time at Celtic although things didn’t quite work out the way I had hoped,” the Scotland star, who will be joined Stateside by his girlfriend, Heather, acknowledged.

Sometimes that happens in football.

“I maybe never achieved what I wanted to achieve at Celtic but I still played in some massive games in Europe and cup finals and I will have some good memories and experiences from my time at such a massive club.”

Morgan had the chance to go to the English Championship or stay in Scotland with Aberdeen but decided he wanted a new challenge.

He turned to fellow Scotland international Johnny Russell, who is at Sporting Kansas City, and former St Mirren coach David Longmuir for advice on a moving across the Atlantic.

He explained: “I could have gone and played in the Championship in England but I wanted to test myself a bit more.

“I don’t think players across here do that enough to go abroad and to try something new.

“I spoke to a few people about it and they all told me that I should grab it with both hands because it was a massive opportunity in a league that is really ambitious and you see it really thriving.

“A lot of the top players in the MLS have gone to get big-money moves to the English Premier League and Bundesliga and so that show the quality that is in the league.

“I spoke to Johnny Russell and also David Longwell, my old coach at St Mirren.

“He is now at Shrewsbury but he was out at Red Bull New York and Orlando City and knows the area I am going to well.

David also told me it was a good opportunity for me.

“It is a club that is so ambitious and you never know where that can take you. ”It also gets me out of my comfort zone and going and doing something on a stage like this can only be good for me.”

tarboltontim likes this.
  20. Onefootwonder

The chance to live in Miami or England playing in the lower leagues? I know where I'd be.

Sydneysider likes this.