1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Maryan Shved

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Henrik 07, Jan 31, 2019.

Discuss Maryan Shved in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

To give him a little confidence? To let him know that there's a pathway to the first-team if he keeps grafting?

Lennon learned the game from MoN, who in turn learned it first-hand from Clough who was famed for his man-management skills.

I think we just have to trust Lennon on this one, he's not the type of guy that bears a grudge to the detriment of the team. He got Ntcham back onside after some less than impressive comments in the summer and he's gave us some big moments this season and he gave Frimpong the chance when he was impressing in training.

People want to know every detail of why a player isn't playing when in the long run, it might be better keeping that information 'in-house'.

Mince.Charming likes this.
  2. donnegal celt

Why does he not be involved with colts games?
    Don't know we diddnt loan him out to another spl club for season.

3. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

If it really is a language or home sickness problem then he’s hardly gonna go to another SPL team.

4. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

He wouldn’t do anything to hurt the team, but he has always had a stubbornness.

I think there comes a point when you just have to put him in and see what he can do. Clyde is a perfect game. Not even 90 mins but if it’s 2-0 at half time then get him on and just let him play. I don’t see why you wouldn’t.

5. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

In what way?

Not if he doesn't merit the opportunity. Going on his comments it infers that he is not putting in the required effort in training and if you start making special dispensation to those individuals, it can lead to grievance within the squad between players being overlooked that are giving their all or a belief that players can get by on less than 100%. It's a dangerous precedent to set and Treble Trebles aren't won without a relentless work ethic.

6. Jeremie Frimpong

In terms of player selection? He persisted with Morgan, who was substandard, underperforming, and clearly had no future at the club (see his recent departure), when there were better players available.

7. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Team selection. There’s been players in the past crying out for game time and they’d just be frozen out while the usuals get game after game, even after bang average performances.

It’s never been a detriment, it’s just been frustrating.

I have to go through and look for examples. It was always the only real criticism I’ve had of him, along with his substitutions sometimes but that ties in.

I think if he doesn’t merit at least a chance by now, he shouldn’t be here.

Like he was given a chance in Europe, Lennon should really just give him a risk free chance and it might just be the moment that Shved needs to kick him up the *. Because freezing him out isn’t working.

8. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Better players on paper but playing devil's advocate, Lennon might argue not better suited to the way he's looking to play.

In the 18 games that Morgan featured for us we won every game bar the 3 versus Cluj, 1 of which was a dead rubber having already qualified. Lennon, I'm sure, would regard that as reasonable vindication of his selection.

9. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Literally every manager the world over has their favourites, Strachan used to pick Caldwell and McManus even after a slew of blunders but bin McGeady at the first bad pass made.

It's a game of opinions but ultimately they will be judged on the outcome of theirs and Lennon having won all 3 trophies available, top of the League by 7 points, record points total in Europe for a Scottish team and top goalscorers in all of Europe could say that his decisions are looking pretty favourable.

I disagreed with his subs at the weekend there at the time, yet he was proven right with every one impacting the game.

Personally I think we should be operating a meritocracy, if the manager thinks a player isn't giving his all then I don't think he should be near a starting XI. The minute you relax standards for one, you set a precedent for others to relax their own standards and that's how you end up regressing.

Pearse67* likes this.
  10. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Problem is probably that he is stick thin and lightweight combined with not being quick he will struggle to make an impact here until he has bulked up a bit but if he's not done it in the past 6 month when he isn't getting any games so the perfect chance to do extra work he probably doesn't have the mentality.

Musonda 2

11. Jeremie Frimpong

We both know he didn't merit a place in the team; Lennon knows that too.

12. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Lots of players come without speaking English though and join teams all the time without knowing the language, Gareth Bale I think still cant speak spanish and barely interacts with team mates but does the business on the park.

Problem is clearly he isn't doing whats required in training. Celtic now play from July to June, 60 games a season 65ish with friendlies on top, almost every midweek of the season for 11 months a year outside International breaks and the January 3 weeks off which isnt even 3 weeks off since we still go to Dubai and train. Hard stuff, no rest nothing like him in Ukraine where they have about 35-40 games a season and have big breaks in the middle and an easy time of it.

At his old club he probably had 8-10 weeks a year completely off out of training and then on top of that a 6-8 week period of pre-season or pre-season like getting back to fitness. So 4 months a year of easy work and friendlies to get into the swing of things. Here you get 2-3 weeks completely off in the summer and then 1 week in January, about 3-4 week a year. Some people arent cut out for it, I think Scott Sinclair had the same problem tbh, he was never a massively hard working player and he was used to mid table or Championship seasons in England where you get about 7 weeks off in the summer to here where you don't get half that and have to play 10-15 games a season more.

Last edited: Feb 4, 2020
  13. DonnyCelt

Think he'll be away in the summer. A loan or permanent. Plain to see he hasn't got a future here unless he dramatically changes it round cor himself

14. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Maybe Lennon was under instruction to limit Sinclair's game-time due to the appearance bonus? It's not that implausible.

Lawwell stopped Strachan from playing Bobo in similar circumstances when he was on his £32k a week.

15. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Lennon won’t lose leagues or cups by doing what he’s doing. It’s just frustrating as a fan. Again it’s really the only criticism I have and it’s really not a big deal.

You could look at it both ways though, I’m not saying the guy has to start every game. You give him 30-45 mins in a “go and show me” challenge. If he doesn’t rise to it you’re in the same position you were in before, if he does rise to it then everyone’s a winner.

I don’t think James Forrest is going to regress if Shved is given a half against Clyde.

Like I said. If things are that bad with him in training then he should have been moved on last week.

16. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I’ve got no issues with Lenny suggesting he isn’t at the others level in training or that he’s struggling to settle.

However, his comments about how well he was looking in Dubai now look like they were designed to try and placate the support during a transfer window. Which ultimately they were.

Scotia likes this.
  17. Jeremie Frimpong

It's possible.

It's also possible that he refused to acknowledge a player's shortcomings because he believed in him; football managers often do that.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I didn't mean Forrest specifically would regress.

What I mean is that if a player sees Shved arsing about in training while they're bursting their balls, then they both get picked to play at the weekend then it plants the seed that you can get in the team without giving your all. If they start giving less then others see it and doing the same and so forth and so forth.

He's a talent but if we have serious ambitions of improving the standing and ethos of the club then talent alone shouldn't be enough to get you into the manager's reckoning.

19. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    What does it matter if he’s gay pretty Hunnish outlook

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

20. Jeremie Frimpong

Others players have trained hard, have performed well in the first team, and/or the reserves, and have been overlooked for selection when players ahead of them have been underperforming. That is a fact.

littlekennie likes this.