1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Disgraceful..

Schooled..

2. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    We have not dominated the Huns in a game since he has been manager.

Very concerning.

3. Dubliner1

I've defended him previous but not anymore after those 2 games against them. Gerrard has shown him up on both occasions. His tactics have been shocking and his team selections too light weight for this fixture. We need 3 quality signings in January urgently

4. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The warning signs were there after the poor performance in the cup final, we got away with it that day.

Cupid Stunt likes this.
  5. Slopes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    That he wasnt able to learn anything or motivate the players after the cup final show's he's just not up to the task sadly

6. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Schooled a few times by Gerrard now. Hasn’t learned a thing.

For all we’ve had a good season results wise, both domestically and in Europe, performances like that today and the final are unacceptable.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  7. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    This has no bearing on his ability as manager. We performed much better against better teams.

8. CydonianWaffle

Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Pish. Interesting January coming up.

9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    How we can get outplayed in a final then no get us up for a home game a few weeks later us * rank..

He had no idea. The basics of us losing most second ball's all day was laughable..

We got the ball went back so often with zero idea's..

Wow. Could be a costly result..

Lewis Kerr and Cupid Stunt like this.
  10. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Don’t think one person would have been unhappy with the way we set up and the selection before the game. Players need to take a long hard look at themselves.

However, when it isn’t going well don’t wait until 15 minutes after it’s * obvious it’s not working to change things.

11. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    2 points ahead at the winter break.

When they win their game in hand they’ll in all likelihood have scored more, conceded less and be a point clear.

All while we have double the budget of them.

Pathetic.

12. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    People talk about how under Rodgers, the good football fell flat after ~18 months. It looks like the good football has already ran its course by November here. We’ve not played well domestically in a long time.

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Wow. I like Lennon. Is he tactically good? I have doubts now. Is the qaulity of player have carrying him? To an extent is say yes. I'm upset, so not thinking straight but 2.games in a row, against them to look that bad... lawell might need to go hang out in some more showers to find another man for the job.

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    It's not just the loss of the 3 points, it's the significance of the fact that they have beaten us at CP, this will be a massive boost to their mindset, last 2 performances against them have been brutal, with Lenny powerless to do anything about it.

Callum McGregor likes this.
  15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Open to criticism today, no doubt. I won’t indulge because I feel he’ll get plenty himself.

What I will say though:

1. I didn’t see one person on here complaining about the selection or formation before kick off. It’s easy to do in hindsight.

2. People talking about Rodgers have very selective memories. Our performances against a weaker rangers side towards the end of his time as manager left a lot of room for improvement.

Lennon should definitely have changed things earlier though. We need to strengthen in January because as things stand I don’t fancy us in either of the next two games vs them. Imo the title will likely be decided based on the results in those games.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Of course it does. He’s been tactically outplayed already by Gerrard and hasn’t learned from it.

17. crazy-horse1977

Didn't want him back again as thought we should move on, today and recent performances I see why I thought it. European games he gets credit but he was schooled today. We are now in a race. We win the league in spite of him, not because imo

18. Cupid Stunt

The selection and formation were correct, everything else was wrong.

We set up to play hoof ball and could not do anything to counter their press.

They dealt with every long ball we sent forward and he refused to change it.

The mentality wasn't there and he has learned no lessons from the cup final and couldn't get us up for today.

This is far from being an 'I told you so' kind of post before anyone jumps in with that, as until recently he's achieved what he's had to.

I just think he is now and has always been very slow to change things when they aren't working.

I'll go back to his appointment as well, the timing of it, the way it was handled, the club lost a bit of momentum that day.

People (rightly or wrongly) were excited at the calibre of manager we could bring in and the way it was all handled on a day we won the treble treble deflated a lot of people.

He's put a lot of pressure on himself, the club and the players with that performance today, I guess we'll have to see how we react after the break.

19. Lewis Kerr

Disgraceful

20. Hadouken

I think thats harsh, the Huns have improved massivley and we've been on a downward trajectory since Rodger's final season - Lenny has done an incredible job to steady the ship and keep us going forward considering we've lost Dembele,Armstrong,roberts and Tierney. Rogic has been injured/off form - Griffiths has had issues and Ntcham wanted to leave. Minus Eddy - you could argue that lennon hasn't really been backed by the board.

StPauli1916 likes this.