1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    Give not a * about thae rancid bastarts , but they cover a lot of ground in a game against us . sickening .

2. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

"We won't be as bad as the Cup Final"

Queue another gutless, half-hearted performance from some. Been coasting in 2nd gear for the last few weeks and couldn't lift it today.

Said a few weeks back we should've been playing Taylor to get him upto speed, Bolingoli was atrocious.

If Leicester are genuinely going to put £20 million on the table for Ajer then bite their hand off, the amount of mistakes he makes is obscene.

Forrest another anonymous performance, looks like he's got nothing in the tank.

Benkovic, Wanyama, RW, CF in January please. Far too many have slid back into the comfy zone, giving less than 100% knowing their place in the team is safe. We need competition.

Doogs. and HoopyT like this.
  3. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    Warning signs have been there...they are far stronger than us all over the pitch.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  4. jpr21

Fav Celtic Player:
    mcgregor
    Fav Celtic Song:
    willie maley
    We need men on the pitch , physical presence and dig . Ntcham , Rogic etc are proven in the big games and offer us that presence. Christie and MJ were so so bad and lacked the physicality for the battle.

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Get this wee mother * banned @Marie

6. MattD

How in *'s name are we in a title race? A far better squad, far more expensive and with greater depth and we're giving them a chance?

Utter joke - but then again, all this was said when Lennon was re-hired. A joke appointment - a better manager and we wouldn't give that lot a sniff.

Slopes likes this.
  7. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Need to get the transfer window right, worrying that Lenny even mentioned about even if we don't buy, * dat.

El Hamed needs to grt fkn fit, and use Frimpong to challenge Forrest. Rogic needs used more, far more creative and less greedy as Christie. Christie has the energy but doesn't bring players in enough (his assists are mainly setpieces BTW).

I got picked up on the word form, when I meant performance and I was proved right. We've been pretty ordinary in probably about 90% of that recent winning run.

Do agree it's 50/50 now, although if we put money into it that'll rise in our favour.

8. joemc

lochairnbhoy, post: 6532274, member: 42098"]* saying Morelos sent off has cheered them up take a * look at yourselves!

they have absolutely dominated, outplayed and outfought a Celtic team! Not at Ibrox but at home. They have outplayed us for the best part of the last year every time we played them.

december 18 - lucky to escape 1-0
    March 19 - lucky to beat them they where the better team with 10 men.
    May 19 - battered to *
    September 19 - our only good game
    December 19 - bossed the league cup final
    December 19 - dominated and outplayed us at home.

We have won 11 games in a row but now we have lost more games than them this season and they have a game in-hand at home to Ross county. That’s a gimme for them we are now behind in the league.

Title chances no better than 50/50 now. Our dominance in Scotland is being seriously tested by a rookie manager, a bunch of free transfers and loaned players.

Let’s look in-house to try and find the answers![/QUOTE]
    Answers are brown oy player they cant dominate , and Christie missing pen fukd us , ajer massive disappointment today for the 2nd .

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  9. jay62

9:30 in the a.m ,and i dont give a * , i cant handle this sober. utterly shocked at how heartless we played!

10. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    This has been coming. Completely outplayed around the middle again. Forrest was abysmal and Christie and McGregor need to offer a lot more. Lennon has to take the majority of the flak for this because on two occasions in a row in this fixture we have been completely tactically outplayed. Edoaurd was smothered by around 5 players everytime he got the ball. I've every faith this can galvanise in January

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

11. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Been a long day drinking but this feels exactly how it did to me after the defeat to cluj in August. Feel like we’re totally *, they’ve dominated us 2 games in a row, don’t see us winning the league unless major investment in January.

Gully Sands likes this.
  12. Slopes

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Over and over
    You are happy with that are ya?

13. cfc_kenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    no, they aren’t a physical team. This is just an automatic excuse folk go to. They played better football, simple as.

rickyroma25 and joemc like this.
  14. donnegal celt

I called this months ago and you wouldn’t listen to me. I knew we wouldn’t win league cup and old firm at home.
    Them * would be extra motivate for revenge.
    They wanted it more

15. bkk bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hard to choose ... different players for different era's
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Maybe now everyone can admit we have a challenge this year and Sevco are not as bad as those with the green tinted specs keep claiming

We came back strong after last years break and we 100% need to do so again (and ffs buy a proven striker)

16. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    That celebration from every last one of them. Over the two games I’m glad we won the cup. Not sour grapes because they showed great work ethic and hunger. I assumed it would be 8 points ahead today because I didn’t think we would be as poor as hampden. The main fact is 2 games won since 2012 and we are still champions looking down on the rest. I’m sure Hibs and Hearts have better stats against us.

bubbs, bagforlife and Pearse67* like this.
  17. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Elhamed and Elyoynoussi make a difference to us..

Take the pain of the defeat and use it..

We will still win the league.

bubbs, packybhoy, StPauli1916 and 4 others like this.
  18. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    I think that just about says it all.

19. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    Really poor but probably had the better chances.

Missed a penalty and had two headers cleared off the line.

The only chance for them I can remember is Morelos hitting it over from point blank range.

Awful performance that isn't a surprise, unfortunately. We've been scraping results against league fodder for a while.

If this was played in November, it would've been a different result entirely. We were on fire during that period in Europe.

20. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    This has to be a wake up call for us. There is nothing between the teams anymore and that is disgraceful to say.

We desperately need a huge January window. We're technically a point behind already. Any more dropped and we are in serious trouble.