1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Henrik 07, Dec 26, 2019.

Discuss Celtic V The Huns, Sunday 29th December, KO 12:30, Sky Sports football in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Forster
    Frimpong Julien Ajer Bolingoli
    Broony McGregor
    Forrest Christie Johnston
    Edouard
    They fear going 8 points behind so they'll be in our faces right from the off. Stay calm, play through their press, win the midfield with no shitebaggery or half-heartedery and we will win this game.

Celtic 3 - 1 Charles Green's Tribute Act​

2. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Aye and the wind didn't help us either, will be a different game than last one altogether, we turn up we win

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

Tommy25 likes this.
  3. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    I don't think anyone believes that Edouard will win it on his own.

However, we played 60mins with no recognised striker. We had no one to bring us up the park. I read that Morgan had one successful pass all game... And that was from kick off.

Having Edouard on the park makes a huge difference.

4. Lecs

I love the confidence that the huns have going into Sunday's game.

I've heard them saying they will beat us 3-1 and 4-1, Morelos to score two etc.

The thing is, we will never play as * as we did in the cup final and they still couldn't beat us. So how they think they will suddenly beat us at Celtic Park when we have Edouard playing as well.

* delusion. Hopefully we pump them convincingly and the pressure is right on Slippy Stevie.

Tommy25 and Sydneysider like this.
  5. muaythai postie

Fav Celtic Player:
    lubo
    That's the team I'd play against them. Set about them and no sitting off them. Close them down at every opportunity and smash them to pieces

Tommy25 and Seán Mac D like this.
  6. celtic warrior

It's not about him winning the game on his own.

It's what his presence does to the dynamic of our team, especially if we set up with Christie and Forrest in their best positions.

His presence will also mean they tweek their game plan, they won't come out all gung ho as we'd actually have someone to release to that can open up play on the counter.

They had far more confidence in pressing high and attacking when * like Mikey and Morgan were our strikers.

Of the Three games I can remember where they've been dominant, we've had no striker, the hampden game being the most recent, soon as a partly fit Eddie came on, he draws the foul after some clever footwork that leads to our goal. He is a game changer.

Tommy25, Hammy89 and StPauli1916 like this.
  7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Anyone arguing otherwise isn't being credible.

You seen the difference when Eddie came on, they had 2 men on him the second he gets the ball as they know he can hurt them. Even then he beat them to set up Johnston, who really should've scored to put us up 2-0.

Them committing that extra man to him also frees up space for others to do damage.

Eddie is key to us on Sunday. He's been guilty of maybe overplaying it at times the last few games and trying to walk it through packed defences. On Sunday he won't be up against 2 banks of 5 when he gets the ball. If he beats the CBs then he's in on goal.

Tommy25, Hammy89 and StPauli1916 like this.
  8. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    Kick for touch deep in their half first chance we get and don't leave it till half time. Same as we did at their pit earlier in season. Simples!!

Tommy25, The67Sound and Spring Time like this.
  9. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

* like Mikey & Morgan. :nonono:

10. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

If Elyonoussi was fit the shape isn’t even a debate..

Now, we all know Christie is better centrally and Forrest on the right..

However, Christie has rarely made an impact v them in that position and often Forrest is a passenger in these games. If the Ntcham we know turns up it could make the difference in the middle.

Forrest v Tavernier there only should be on winner on the left. Forrest has looked dangerous the last few games playing from there.

Christie’s movement from the right will cause them problems and both he and Forrest provide good cover defensively.

MJ to come on at 60mins, when legs are tired..

Not ideal, but with Edouard terrorising them too, we should be fine.

11. Scotia Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    you wear the hoops thats good enough
    Fav Celtic Song:
    over and over
    I'd say we played 2 or 3 down that day , Jamesy was very quiet that day , I hope he imposes himself much more on sunday and keeps the 2 in front of him busy in their own half more . Elyounouissi was nowhere near fit and just a passenger . We do ourselves no favours playing boys up front on their own .. Lenny has as big a job to do as any player on the pitch .. he gets it right we win with minimum of fuss !!

12. StevieBhoooy!

Sevco have never won at Celtic Park in their entire history...

This isn’t the time for that stat to change and really can’t see it either....

I’d love to think that the positional jiggery-pokery of the last few games is a cunning ruse by Lenny (to let them think they have us sussed) and that Jamesy and RC will be in their favoured positions on Sunday.

Huns hopefully won’t know what’* them.

Tommy25 likes this.
  13. Bernie Bhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky, Henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song ... There can be only one !
    We need to turn up. Its as simple as that..... Lenny should be showing them a re-run of the final and telling them that level of performance is not acceptable.

I believe that if we play well, we beat them. No need to be superb on the day (although that would be great) just play well.

If we need to start with Ntcham to take the sting out of them, and then switch to RC in the middle and Jamesy out right then so be it.

Just play well Bhoys, we are better than them by a mile. Do you think they are discussing tactics and options? Are they * as like. They play the same way every time. Ball out wide and cross it in hoping that wee rat gets on the end of it.

14. celtic warrior

Good * mind you.

Spring Time likes this.
  15. Mickmac Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    James Forrest
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    The front 6 we played against them at Ibrox should be available (if MJ fit enough) so I can't see any reason not play them with the same high press we played at Ibrox. They couldn't press us that day as we were playing so high up the park and were so up for the game they could hardly get out their own half. Just do the same again.

16. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

17. charlietully

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Agreeing with this. It is quite obvious Lenny is going to go with Ntcham in this one, hence his inclusion leading up to this one. He seems to have his mind made up and Ntcham at Celtic Park seems to be a different proposition altogether. Also expect to see MJ around the 60 min mark when things are stretched. Exact same as recent games really....

18. leeso-ardoyne

I never believe the league is done in Dec/Jan. Previous seasons always tells us it's at the latter stages when the pressures on is when it's won. Listen, they won't be winning that league this year. It's our year again but I dont think we'll continue to win every game from now on. There is going to be some strange decisions against us and for them the more the season goes on and this will contribute to them clawing back some points however I do think towards the very end of the season, this is when they'll buckle and come May, well be celebrating another 9IAR!

As for Sunday, I have mixed feelings. Half of me thinks we're going to * hammer them and send the * home depressed and the other half of me thinks it's going to be tight because of the weather and dodgey referee decisions! But only time will tell. Hopefully by 3pm on Sunday we'll all have big smiles on our faces.

19. celtic warrior

Hate this mob more than the old lot.

Sanctimonious * act all big and their going for 55. Can't * stand it at all. Hate the run up to the games and hate giving these * air to breathe and this hope they have that their time will come. I want us to * destroy these cretins. I want the result to be a total humiliation that Freddo is sold in Jan and we look back at this result as a catalyst for Gerrard going off the boil and getting sacked.

20. CountyDownFaithful

Definitely not ideal but I agree.