1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Xbox Series X

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by Gyp Rosetti, Dec 13, 2019.

Discuss Xbox Series X in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Loads of people moaning about the size of it, how the * did they think they were going to fit all the next gen hardware in a small console without overheating issues.

2. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    GTA 6 announced now as a launch title
    With it 100%

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  3. Bonobhoy

So its basically a PC in a Steam like box

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  4. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Apparently it can go horizontal as well, but then what’s the point in showing it off that way and why not make a console look more console like? :giggle1:

5. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Excited. Hopefully they are making a PUBG2 for this. Qaulity graphics, bigger maps, more buildings and more people. Make it happen! Day one for me. (Unles they dont have anything interesting then I'll wait)

6. RTJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Not sure I want to buy this straight away. Due to previous history unless i'm convinced it should not overheat or fail to read disks after 6 months or right after its warranty expires.
    So far my 1x is a sound improvement but when will a reliable version of this new one be released?

7. honda Gold Member Gold Member

My xbox one day one is still going strong.

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    You do know the issues they had with the 360? The hardware in this would explode in a smaller casing, especially running games at 4K 60fps. This was the best logical design imo, and if it does what they say it’s going to do I don’t really care about the aesthetics.

9. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    This is me, couldn't care less what they look like. I was mainly on my PS4 this gen wonder if it will flip back to xbox next gen. Funny how the company's get too big for their boots and take their customer base for granted and it causes a shift to the other machine. SONY * up off the back of PS2 and then Xbox * up on the back of 360.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Yeah I ended up buying a PS4 simply because there was far too many exclusives I wanted to play, but then Microsoft have skelped it out the park late on in this generation with Gamepass.

littlekennie likes this.
  11. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Aye the game pass is excellent value. I like the thought of full backwards play of the og xbox and 360, I read this new one will have. Hopefully they learn from this gen and make some decent exclusives for this gen coming.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  12. Cena Never Give Up Gold Member

Itll be this I get I had both this gen but ended up selling my ps4 as none of my mates had one

13. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Aye as long as it’s decently priced I’ll get it, I heard something like it has 4x the processing power of the 1X. If it’s over 500 though I may as well spend a bit more and build a pc

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  14. TimFloyd Gold Member

Not sure why people are moaning about the size,if you want the best technology available for a console then it's not exactly going to fit in a PS1 case.

Will get it no doubt, tried PS4 for a year or two then went back to xbox, think xbox is on another level just now tbh

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  15. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Size means * all. We all want consoles to be as powerful, if not more so, than pc, well there is a reason PCs are the size they are as well.

If the machine is capable of what they say it is, it'll be a great machine.

Chances are I'll stick to playstation though, have done all my days and I expect the ps5 will continue to be a great machine when it also comes out.
    The exclusives that Sony have interest me more so than the Xbox (Forza aside, but that's more to do with GT having not been great this gen). All other games that are multi platform are just that.
    Some will look better on one machine and other games will look better on the other etc, but not by any great deal that it's going to make either machine seem dated or not capable.

So, guys, buy what you want most. Buy what you have most fun on and buy what your mates are all gaming on as well, because inevitably you'll probably want to play online with them.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

Jamesy Bhoy 7 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  16. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Aye I'll be sticking with Playstation as well. They just have too many incredible exclusive studios. Naughty Dog, Sucker Punch, Insomniac, Guerilla and Santa Monica.

Hopefully there's more of a focus on cross-platforming this generation.

17. Gundog Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I really want to go Xbox next gen as I feel MS treat their customers better but Horizon Zero Dawn and another potential year long exclusive deal on COD is putting me off.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  18. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    I say I will stick with PS, and I will, but I was actually looking at the Xbox Game Pass (really should be called Microsoft Game Pass nowadays) and it seems a good deal - just gutted I've spunked out on Halo MCC already - specially with Flight Simulator coming to it on launch. Plenty of games at a decent price and seemingly a lot of games MS are making are going to be available over both PC and console.

Almost makes the thought of entertaining the new Xbox pointless, since my PC will play a large majority of the games anyway - in due time - and a lot of their exlusive self made studio games will be available. Should I fork out for it.

Anyone had any use of this on their PC? I'm aware it isn't all console games available on PC, but there are a few that cross both.

19. Bunk Moreland

It's an Xbox, good hardware but Sony wipe the floor with them in first party exclusives and the PS5 will continue the trend. Since the Microsoft came on the scene they've lost every so-called "console war" against the PS, it won't change.

20. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    I have to say I think they won with the 360 however, I think in the future it’ll just be cross console games anyway so it won’t matter which one you choose (obviously if you want to play exclusive games it’ll matter) for
    Multiplayer anyway