1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Craig Gordon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Dáibhí, Jul 3, 2014.

Discuss Craig Gordon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

Tags:
  1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Bet ye Summer doesny even like um.

2. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    * believe this guy, thank * there's been no contact, sounds like he expects Celtic to be begging him to stay.
    Hope we can punt in Jan. He's the * *.

3. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Best thing that can happen to this * is on his last day, walking out the training ground for the last time, he trips on the kerb and does his knee in again and can't go back to hearts for a final farewell.

Once was a high profile promising keeper, but aside from surprising us at how he managed to come back to fitness after that knee injury, he has been utter * *. Progressively getting worse as he gets older and his attitude seems to get more and more like a spoilt brat.

Bet you any money this * is the leak.

Sent from my Nokia 6.2 using Tapatalk

LectersLuncheon likes this.
  4. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Craig Gordon insists he’ll never grow tired of auditioning for a start with Celtic even if Fraser Forster remains an immovable force.

The 36-year-old came out of cold storage in Cluj last night and delivered a display that served as a reminder to both club and country of a talent that remains at
    their disposal.

Despite conceding twice in Romania in his first outing since September, the 54-times capped Scotland keeper excelled with several one-on-one reaction stops that kept the score down.

But as his contact is set to end next summer, Gordon is adamant a rare Europa League outing was the chance to impress which he grabbed with both hands and proved he still has the X Factor.

He said: “I don’t think at any stage of my career I’ve ever been happy sitting on the bench.

I want to play as many games as I can. It’s unfortunate this season for one reason or another it’s not happened.

That’s football, you move on. I’m out of contract at the end of the season so we’ll see what’s available in January and see what the club want to do.

They haven’t spoken to me as yet so it’s a case of seeing what happens there.

“Hopefully there are more possibilities to play more games but I have no complaints. I want to play but Fraser’s playing and playing very well.

“There are no complaints between me and him. I just want to train as well as I can and when I get a chance to play the best I can and try to help the team.

“I just want to go out there and show I’m capable of playing at the highest level.”

Whether Neil Lennon opts to offer an extension remains to be seen but Gordon admits it’s been radio silence.

And he’s desperate to be the one who determines when he leaves Parkhead.

He said: “I don’t know Celtic’s position but I want to play games. If that’s not here then I have to look at my options and see what comes in January. It would be sad to leave that way.

You want to have that in your power and control, to say when that time comes.

“Sometimes that’s not the case. I’ll just have to see what the future holds. At the moment I’m really unsure so we’ll have to see how it plays out.”

The ambition burns as brighter than ever within Gordon who’s adamant losing his spot at Celtic to Forster only fuels his desire to reclaim the gloves and make a bid to be part of Scotland’s play-off bid to reach Euro 2020.

He said: “I want to play and put myself in a position where we have Scotland matches coming in March.

“We have an opportunity to get to a major finals and I’d love to be a part of that.

“I’d love to get back playing and give the Scotland manager something to think about, to try to get back into the squad and to try help the country achieve something we haven’t done for quite sometime.

“I felt as if I was coming back to form myself after injury. I had a good pre-season, I’d been fit and taken part in every training session this year.

“I have been ready to go and not been given that chance but that’s the way it goes sometimes in football.

“There’s no point moaning about that. That’s the way it’s happened. The team has been playing well and I need to bounce back and try to do as well as I can here.

“The team hasn’t changed much, it’s been the same boys going out week in, week out.

They’ve been fantastic and hardly put a foot wrong all season. There’s not much I can do about that and nothing to complain about.”

tarboltontim likes this.
  5. CelticBoabie

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    If we cannot get Forster as our FT number one, we need to be looking elsewhere. Gordon is not the answer and neither is Scott Bain.

freitassen likes this.
  6. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Gordon won't be given a new contract.

I don't blame him for wanting games. I doubt any player wants to sit on the bench, it's why players leave clubs. He can't play for Scotland while being 2nd choice and I'm not sure Marshall is any better than him.

freitassen and ArturBorucCSC like this.
  7. CelticBoabie

Fav Celtic Player:
    The King
    I agree, but last night shows he is not good enough to play for us. After seeing what FF can do, we know we need better.

8. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    He had a madness moment with that pass to Robertson and agree, perhaps should have collected it for their goal but at least last night he proved once again what his main attribute is. Shot stopping. He's phenomenal at diving. That alone makes him a decent cover for Forster and proves he is much much more than Bain.

9. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Should have sold him to Chelsea when we had the chance

stubhoy07 and M.E.T.H.O.D MAN like this.
  10. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    * gets a chance to challenge the wall... fluffs it.

No biggie, Gordon couldnt lace Forsters boots. Thats ok sour puss.

His reaction: has a * moan about "not been given a chance".

Anyone still defending this utter walloper needs their head looked at. I'll celebrate the door hitting this jambo * on the way out like another treble.

Take your come and get plea to hearts and * off you rat faced *.

Doogs. and trackebhoy like this.
  11. blackfish Screaming from beneath the waves...

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I’m afraid Craig, and his beard, can * off now.

trackebhoy likes this.
  12. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    When Mark Viduka * us about over his transfer from Croatia i was *. When he actually signed and sat at CP with his (admittedly hot wife) giggling and playing footsie while the huns pumped us in front of his eyes, I was livid. When he left us and claimed he "never gave a 100% at Celtic", because apparently it was to easy... i wished him raped by rabid dogs.

I hate Craig Gordon more.

Peej and M.E.T.H.O.D MAN like this.
  13. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

I love how angry you get makes my day.

Peej likes this.
  14. Morcombe

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo, Jota, Abada, Taylor, McGregor, the whole team!
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing, This Land is Your land, Over & Over, Green, White & Gold, Hampden in the Sun, E
    He was pathetic at Cluj's second goal, it goes right across teh 6 yard box and he lets it go, any good goalkeepsknows to smother it asap. we need new cover for him january, get him off the wage book and if we cant get Forster next Summer then we need a new number 1 cause him and Bain aint it.

15. Lewis Kerr

Tbf i met him once at the airport with Summer and he was actually alright, surprisingly.

Saw Armstrong too when he was with the Southampton team and looked a bit of a *

16. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

How did you decide he was a * by sight?

Marty McFly and Mince.Charming like this.
  17. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Isn't Hazard on loan at Dundee?

18. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    "The 70 per cent thing was just ridiculous, I'm sure the Scottish press would love to believe that I just gave 70 per cent." Mark Viduka

McChiellini.. likes this.
  19. Doogs. Lustig your the one, you still turn me on.

I * hate you ya gangly *.

Twisty and McChiellini.. like this.
  20. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    That was just his style. Despite being a *....he was a great player..

Mince.Charming likes this.