1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. CookieMonster Geez yer cookies Gold Member

Get them back down at Barrowfield now :giggle1: To be fair the pitch isn't as bad anymore at Hampden and there was a * tonne of rain overnight (there was major flooding and landslips on the road I drive to Glasgow), worked out in the end.

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  2. SwissCelt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Aiden McGeady, Artur Boruc
    After seeing Neil saying Griffiths was fit and would have been on the bench if Edouard would have played leaves me here to partially blame Neil for the poor perfornance yesterday. Even without much game time Leigh would have been better in that position than Morgan.
    In generally I try to make sense of yesterdays performance and I'm not really sure if it really isn't a coaching problem. The game took me back to the last derby of the passed season. Maybe Neil has problems to figure out how to face that pressing. I mean our whole midfield disappeared. We've seen Brown owning the midfield against them in September and yesterday he disappeared. I'm not sure if that's up to Brown or the tactics.

3. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    If LG was fit it's another very poor call from NL.

4. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    Firstly I don't think Morgan would have been as bad it the conditions were better, , but I agree he's not a striker and that is firmly put to bed now. I can understand lennon and the coaches thinking with carrying two strikers who neither are 100% in squad. we got away with one yesterday and managers can't be right all the time . If nothing else Desmond and lawell were there watching our need for striking options from the stand maybe that may encourage them to invest in January

Sent from my GM1903 using Tapatalk

Leone Naka Fan likes this.
  5. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    A look at the weather should've disqualified Morgan from the starting lineup, if Griffiths was fit. Not that Leigh is tall, but he at least has knowledge of the position.

Dublin Celt likes this.
  6. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

7. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    NL on his gear like his name, Neil Lennon, class

bagforlife and StPauli1916 like this.
  8. ede

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    Lenny is lucky! If we lost that game he would have been totally roasted for that team selection. Got so many things wrong.

Firstly every * and his dog knew Morgan was not good enough to lead our line. After the huns seen his name, that alone was probably a morale boost. The difference after Edouard came on was incredible. Just having him on the field affected the mentality of the Rangers players. Credit to Morgan, he did his best to put in a shift, but out of position and being bullied by the Hun Ref and Hun Centre backs was never gonna be easy for him. If Edouard was even half fit, he should have started. Otherwise he should have started Griifiths. I am pretty certain, if we had Griffiths from the start they would not have played so high!

Next, Elyounoussi was clearly unfit. No idea how he is ok to play whilst Edouard or Griffs is left out. Should have started Ntcham in the middle. We lacked composure in the middle and lost almost all the midfield batlles. A Rogic or Ntcham would have made a difference in there and then Christie or McGregor could have been moved out wide.

Cringer67, Sonic Reducer and Morcombe like this.
  9. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    There is a pattern in their dominant displays, and it's that we're missing key players

Game at Ibrox last year: No Tierney, No Edouard, Johnston at cf, Mcgregor at LB, Benkovic and Lustig both off at half time

Second Game at Ibrox: No Forrest, Christie or Boyata, Johnston at RWB, Oliver Burke and Hayes starting, a very unfit Rogic playing and Lustig off injured.

Sundays Game: Edouard on the bench for an hour, Elhamed, Bolingoli and Taylor missing, a very unfit Elyounoussi playing, an 18 year old a right back and a winger at left back, 10 men for half an hour and a winger at cf against two 6 foot 5 center backs.

Even our dominating 2-0 win early in the season didn't have our fully fit squad. I honestly believe if we had our full squad available we would pummel them.

10. Maestro 08

I don't think that's the only reason. Its been evident for a wee while that if teams drag us into a scrap wee can be too easily knocked out our stride. I feared the worst yesterday when taking everything into consideration. I.e I knew they would be right up for it with their usual tactics against us of 4-5-1, harass, press, kick, then throw in the conditions, the team selection and knowing the ref would let them get away with murder. Thankfully and after peeking through my fingers the full game wee miracuosly came through it. But the display was atrocious and not for the first time against them. At a packed Paradise with us roaring the team on we are a different animal but I still worry we can be too easily bullied.

11. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    This all day long....Lenny has a track record of getting things horribly wrong .

As you say...had we lost that game it was on his head and his staff...got it so wrong.

12. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Utter bullshit.

• He's won all 3 domestic trophies in the space of 8 months.
    • We're currently top of the league with one loss from 15 games and are averaging over 3 goals a game
    • We're top of our Europa Group and unbeaten having defeated Lazio home and away and achieved a record points total for a Scottish team in European competition
    • In 13 European games this season we have only been beaten once, scoring 32 goals in the process
    We were injury-ravaged, had no available match-fit strikers, no Elhamed, no available match-fit LBs...yet we still won the Cup.

Appreciate that reality without being negative about hypothetical failure. Other than Cluj Lennon has been more or less faultless in his 10 months since he returned.

3 Cups, Top of the league, Top of Europa League Group...or in other words a track record of getting things very right.

:lenny1:

13. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Agreed. A half fit Elyounoussi and no striker made a huge difference in their favour.

HTG likes this.
  14. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Could add, a clearly unfit Ely, no striker and an out of sorts Forrest, that gave them the platform to build. Wont happen again.

Leone Naka Fan and StPauli1916 like this.
  15. Mince.Charming

I think not performing well on Sunday will probably work in our favour on the 29th.
    We have seen before when we hammer them, it can lead to complacency from the players and fans.

16. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    He got is so wrong we won.

Westlondonscot and Sean Daleer like this.
  17. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    We'll be so far up for it it'll be unbelievable in a couple week's..

Cannot wait..

If anything they sound complacent from coaching staff to their support believing that we'll ever be as weak as that again and that that's a true reflection of both side's..

Imagine we had a fully fit Eddy and they had Ojo up front..

We'll do a number on them and completely end their league challenge. I've no doubts about it..

Mince.Charming likes this.
  18. Cringer67

He did get it wrong. Lets not paper over the cracks, thats what huns do. Need to address the striker issue ASAP. And playing a clearly not fit Mo against them in that weather was also a terrible move.

19. celtic warrior

Have to say I think there is an improvement in his management. Yeah he may not be as flairy as a Rodgers set up.

But, for the most part we've been solid as a unit and with the right additions assuming we can keep our best talent, we are probably no more than 2 signings away from being near unstoppable domestically.

What Sunday showed is we are * desperate for another Eddie, he changed the game completely on its head when he came on, if he was "fit" from the start, guys like Christie especially would have been bossing the game.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  20. Sonic Reducer

Fav Celtic Player:
    Mr Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Symphony
    No...I think Lenny got it wrong.

He also got lucky but I'll take that every day of the week.

So for me it's not bullshit ,it's how I see it.

Take yourself back into the match thread and read it...see how many of us were calm, happy with the team and the performance.

It's easy to come on here and spout * after the game is finished and won, I can guarantee if we'd lost you'd be on here moaning like *.

It was a fukin dire...but we won and sometimes you have to win ugly and have the luck onside...that's the reality here and I hope never to watch such a one sided game against them * again unless it us running all over them.

Last edited: Dec 10, 2019