1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Matchday] Fraser Forster's Final

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Drakhan, Dec 1, 2019.

Discuss Fraser Forster's Final in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    No issue for me and the fact that Frimpong was on the bench and hardly played last night would suggest he will start Sunday. The questions IMHO will be at left back Hayes or Bolingoli on the left wing Johnson or Elyounoussi and whether Edourad is really fit to start up top.

2. Jeffrey

Big game for Jullien. Morelos is an absolute pest and in the form of his life. Need to meet every ball in the air and out muscle him without any fouls as the wee * will be looking to go down. If we cancel him out as we have in the past we should absolutely stroll it. Only other concern could be Jeremie due to his inexperience. These two players and their performances a think will decide the game.

bkk bhoy likes this.
  3. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    same again :84:

4. eire4

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    No question it is a massive game for Jullien. The fact that both he and Frimpong were rested last night will hopefully be a big help come Sunday.

5. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Jullien isn't a worry in the slightest. He'll body Morelos..

If there's a concern at the back it's Ajer. Gets rolled easily against player's who back in. Last night and Rennes away are 2 primes examples off the head..

He's the only player that'll start who needs to be on point and will concern me just now. Have zero over our midfield and up top and Hayes/Boli and Frimpong will be fine..

6. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Yep, Ajer has some work to do for my liking

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Young and has all the attributes...but deffo needs to start brushing up and taking some responsibility at the back..

Needs a big performance against these for me. Jullien will be a big help..

Marty McFly likes this.
  8. joemc

Weird , was thinking ajer just before I got to the posts about him , he can be a little slow to react to danger , needs to bring his A game cauz if not any chance morelos has or creates will come from this , but on a positive note , they are not the best at CB and we will cauz them loads of problems at the back , happy wae wee mj if ely dont make it , he is bursting to get going again .

9. BrisbaneBhoy

Having two attack minded full-backs bombing forward would be a risk IMO. Bring Frimpong on in the second half to terrorise them for the last 20-30mins :D

EDIT: How wonderful is it that we are able to have debates over which right sided full-back to play?? And it doesn't even count Abd Elhamed who would also be in the running for a starting roll if he was fit.

Crazy to think that it wasn't that long ago that we would have struggled to find a replacement if anything had happened to Lustig.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2019
  10. BrisbaneBhoy

How do you post your "combined XI" on these boards??

11. BrisbaneBhoy

Does anyone know on what the likelihood of Edouard being fit enough to play is??

12. Hammy89 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson, McNamara, Moravčík, Boruc and Boyd
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA, Fields Of Athenry and The Celtic Song
    You choose eleven players that play in green and white and write their names down in a post.

pop47, Dalbeth3 and Marty McFly like this.
  13. cas79

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just can't get enough
    Screen shot and upload it as as pic

Sent from my SM-A920F using Tapatalk

14. Jeremie Frimpong

From BBC Sport? Save the image, then click on 'Upload A File'.

15. leeso-ardoyne

Very nervous for this one! Always wanted them in another final However the closer it gets, the nervousness thinking if them * manage to do it it'll be devastating. I know our run of cups will end at some point but please don't let it be this wknd of all times, especially against them. I'd bite your hand off for a 1-0 win right now

Jeannie960 likes this.
  16. openviews

My concern about Lennon coming back was his record at Hampden, too many matches where the occasion seemed to weigh heavy on the team and inhibit the performance.

The Cup Final last season against Hearts was more more awkward than it needed to be and we cant ignore the impact the referee might have on the match as well.

Saying that their fan base is starting to ask real questions of their team/manager and an early goal might be enough to kill their challenge stone dead. Saying that we showed home and away against Lazio that even if we are the team to go behind we do not crumble under the pressure and seem to actually thrive on it.

Also don't rate him myself but Ikpeazu being suspended for the Tynecastle match on the 18th makes that game a little less awkward as well.

17. LectersLuncheon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Disagree completely.

Toblerone dome is only a "pest" against sides that sit in. Any side that presses sevco high sees there mid go missing and the back four collapse. Without service hes a * non entity, which is why Eduoard is clearly the better player.

Concentrating on stopping morelarse is a mistake in the making. We put our eye to their goal mouth and nothing else. The rest takes care of itself.

18. Sydneysider

LectersLunches : Spot on !! when Aberdeen went on the offensive, particularly in the second half, Freddo disappeared

19. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Far too pumped up for this already. Got my works Christmas do to get through first. Few carols to sing before the rebs :giggle1:

20. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

Agreed, he's capable of doing it against them but he's made a few clangers already this season. Diving in v Rennes away for their pen, Livingston long ball right through to Dykes for their 2nd, losing his man for Rennes consolation goal at home, getting rolled the other night for their equaliser.

We need a big but simple performance from him. Bitton and Julien subdued them well a few months back, more of the same and our front-line should take care of the rest.

PorchBhoy67 and Whoflungdung like this.