1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Football Manager 2020

Discussion in 'Computers and Gaming' started by RabS, Oct 31, 2019.

Discuss Football Manager 2020 in the Computers and Gaming area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

* * I thought the fees in 2019 were wild.

2. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Current - Scott Brown .. All Time - Lubo n henrik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Im hoping it was just in the beta.

3. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    I've seen Mane to Real for 140m, Rashford to Chelsea for 100m, Pogba to Real for 93m (quite realistic that, tbf).

Settled on Lille's Zeki Celik to be my new right back and compete with Thomas Meunier for the starting spot. 16 tackling and a good surname, what's not to like.

LM67 likes this.
  4. LM67

Managed a 1-1 draw at Anfield to get through to CL quarters.

But gubbed 3-0 at home by City in first leg.

Aw well, improvement on first season at least.

Definitely much tougher in Europe in this year’s game

5. M 67

Did any Celtic player attributes changes post full game release?

6. LM67

Finished season 2. Not as good in the league but only one defeat:

CB457887-E0A3-44BE-B845-9D82F094C2E9.png

Dembele came off the bench in the Scottish Cup final against Rangers and scored the only goal in Extra Time to clinch another treble:

A495A361-E4E2-4D2E-AD73-2C2DA0A719A7.png

FC783E6B-B70E-4404-8532-6E4E9DB9B37C.png

94254587-48BF-4867-A920-86BAEC886C99.png

19CB69E2-8149-4AC3-A210-A9CA566DD7DB.png

9111A917-C487-41BF-878D-1E61DA4597F0.png

7E2BBA47-41F0-43FB-A394-C17934A5043D.png

4BA7D47E-5AC6-4A5F-8DAC-EE59103F45A8.png

Squad review and transfer plans:

I’ve always been one for having a big squad and rotating, but I feel that it’s having an affect on results and I’m chopping and changing too much.

As a result, the main aim for this window is to trim the squad:

GK - Livakovic, Bain

No changes planned

RB - Mura, Elhamed, Frimpong

Elhamed has been solid back up but will probably let him go

CB - Ajer, Holding, Pavlovic, McKenna

Happy with my options here. No changes planned

LB - Taylor, Sehovic

No changes planned. Sehovic is actually pushing to be first pick now

CM/DM - Palacios, Ntcham, McGregor, Gagliardini, Belmonte

Maybe got one too many in here but they all offer something different so reluctant to let any of them go

CAM - Almada, Christie, Rogic

Rogic can go, either on loan or permanent

Wingers - Forrest, Terrier, Magno, Johnston, Dembele

Again probably one too many, but Magno can play up top or number 10 too so plenty game time for them all.

Dembele seriously pushing to be first pick

ST - Edouard, Arezo, Borre, Griffiths

Borre and Griffiths can go. Arezo is to good a prospect not to get plenty game time behind Edouard so don’t want to hinder his progress by having to give game time to other players

Not saying I won’t sign anyone, but there are no glaring areas that need attention. Likely to focus on buying a few youngsters to improve the youth team

Attached Files:

neilly1987, Peej and mickcfc91 like this.
  7. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Still going with my Beta save - I feel one season wasn't enough and I'm not ready to restart it all again just yet.
    First season was a disaster in that I never won the league, losing the thing on the last game of the season with both clubs getting 86 and 87pts, I went on a 30+ unbeaten game, just couldn't see them dropping enough points either.

First season wasn't too many signings, was too early in the game to make those big decisions and wanted to see what the squad is capable of.
    [​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/5cd5ca274e64d5627dca8c91bcb0b852

Second season saw a familiar face for my early game signings in Van Ginkel, I seem to tend to sign him in the first couple saves every year, but then find my better options in future saves.
    GK I have been struggling to find many, so Plizzari has came in for the second season along with Mvogo - I have Belman out on loan again who looks like he could be a decent squad player - plan is to use him in replacement of whoever is the worse out of Plizzari and Mvogo going in to season 3 with a young Newgen from the first batch of youth catching my eye for the future.
    Turnbull was an obvious signing for the domestic front and then Mortimer, Marin and Pellegrino all have great potential for my thinking.

[​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/dcd50a5c632f0c5755a0b4529e455d5d

[​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/009b7ddf7d0dec66f82d691fdb9f9a56

I switched between a 4231 and a 442/4222 for most of last season and will likely do the same again, but more leaning towards the 4231 due to player types I have and try to tweak the player roles and instructions to completely dominate the game in the middle and spread the balls wide for some early crosses.

Unfortunately coming second last season means I am only in the Europa, but I am hoping for a good run. Ajer, Julien, Edouard, Johnston, Ntcham and O'Conner all are getting constant bids, but no one is unhappy and some have recent signed new deals. So I am very hopeful this squad can now grow a bit more and push to the later stages of EC.

[​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/1c73b3d9f6a5fa5519328a3bf7b22470

[​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/34b303fad21529f97a959c00c7889951

[​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/9e46ee868ba8934867426cf4b2544d60

The above making up my 1st squad/25 man squad for Europe.

Some deadwood still to shift on in the reserves, namely Morgan, Eboue, Ralston, Hendry.

Some good youth in the club as well, Hepburn looks decent in my game, as does Sparkes, Oko-Flex, Coffey and Fuhr Hjelde. Not sure how well they will all do, but keeping a close eye on them for sure.
    Hepburn being the one I am most keen to see in a couple seasons:

[​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/08be11d1322c60d99132756447955f16

8. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    [​IMG]
    https://gyazo.com/8fd2a980feae7de9a1f8922395038cb7

this needs fixed.

As I said earlier, Ending the season 2nd (albeit by 1pt and with a healthy run and points tally), they set my this daft ultimatum, 8pts out of 15, near 50% win ratio is all they wanted (I done better than that during the actual season), I have won the next two domestic games comfortably, and they respond with this...

9. LM67

Said my main aim was to trim the squad and that’s what I did:

FCE5F899-33F8-47C3-8FC6-CAAAD5876CDC.png

Only a few incomings. With me selling both Elhamed and Frimpong we needed another right back to challenge Mura so signed Walker-Peters:

888C8817-2EA6-42F2-9E34-FF556F7A12FE.png

Sold Borre but couldn’t get rid of Griffiths who is into his last year. Had no plans to sign another striker until I seen this guy:

1E86EC7F-720D-46CB-ABB5-58250008BEB9.png

Final signing was a young keeper to challenge the two we already have:

799E0265-72DE-4C17-8139-6E4DF423A6F9.png

Last edited: Nov 24, 2019
    neilly1987, mickcfc91 and RTJ like this.
  10. RTJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Had some amount of luck in my first season. Drew zenit, lille and Napoli in the group stages and came top with 13pts, now to face Bayer Leverkusen in the knockouts.
    A bit anxious that I had to let Ajer leave to Arsenal for 35 million considering his stats and my aim to build for the future. But I have a few targets in mind

11. SeanyBhooy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Finally getting started with this! Any first season must buys?

12. RTJ

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik
    Francisco Ortega 20 year old left back has been excellent in training. Worth a shout for a few million.

13. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    Pavlovic from Partizan. Costs about £250k. Probably will end up being one of the best centre backs in the game

LM67 likes this.
  14. LM67

He’s class for me too. Sehovic from Partizan also worth buying. Summer of season 3 I was rejecting £50m bids for him from Man Utd

mickcfc91 likes this.
  15. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    I'd add Daramy (£1 million ish) and Palacios (£4 million ish) as must buys as well.

upload_2019-11-24_18-42-34.png
    upload_2019-11-24_18-43-2.png

16. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    Ended up getting Asensio on loan, but rather than ditching Harit I decided to give him a 3 yr extension as he's a decent enough squad option and his demands were reasonable. Could still end up selling him in future should a better option come along. Loaned Italiano out to HSV and he's thriving there so far.

Also decided that Mascarell's wages were wildly extravagant for a 5th choice CM, so I banished him to Getafe on loan. They're only covering 70% of his wages but they threw in a 200k p/m loan fee, so that's good enough for me. Will hopefully shift him next season. Replaced him with River's Exequiel Palacios who I snared for his 5m release clause. He was also transfer listed by request so didn't demand much in the way of wages, only paying him 18k. Doing the business so far, battling with Szoboszlai for minutes as the primary Tonali backup. Will hopefully be enough games on our plate for both to thrive if we make Europe next season.

[​IMG]

Here's how the squad shapes up at the moment. Very happy with our attacking depth, brimming with a good stable of 5 CMs to cover the pivot. Only short term question mark among the defenders is finding a solid LB when Miranda returns to Barca. Not going to commit any money to RB unless Reece James pops onto the market, have been very pleased with Zeki Celik's form so far.

[​IMG]

As for results, phwoar. What a difference a year makes. Not sure if the uptick is down to the system switch to gegenpress or the general improvement in the players at my disposal. We're not overly reliant on anyone, at one stage we'd scored 23 league goals and Haaland accounted for a mere 1 of them (he's subsequently scored a hattie against Dusseldorf). Cavani has scored a few from the spot and a couple from open play. Decent enough return. Neres is terrific. Asensio showing encouraging form after taking a few games to get up to match sharpness. I've only had three really poor results. Leipzig away early in the season was a poor performance, I made the mistake of going to our 5 at the back formation and it didn't click at all. Dortmund away was a real downer, first game back from an international break and they mauled us. Freiburg draw was my most frustrating result though, threw away a 2-0 lead. Everything else has gone swimmingly though, no reason why we can't mount a title challenge. Remaining fixtures of the calendar year are favourable, as are the first couple in January. Have Leipzig and Leverkusen at the back end of January, will hopefully put 4 wins on the board before then to give us some leeway.

Newcastle have a new regen owner, and having turfed Mike Ashley out he seems determined to set a new tone for spending. Forget Gareth Bale's status as the most expensive Welsh footballer of all time, say hello to 100m man Chris Mepham.

[​IMG]

Amusingly he turned the contract offer down.

LM67 likes this.
  17. SeanyBhooy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Cheers will take a look tonight:50:

18. Mr. Fawlty

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tommy Burns
    After the shitshow of last season, this is genuinely exciting.

[​IMG]

Came back from our Andlasuian winter break training and absolutely muffed it up against Mainz. Was seething. However we then strung together a few wins on the spin to stay in the hunt, the best performances coming against Leipzig and Neverkusen. A bit embarrassing to get turfed out of the Pokal at home against Koln on pens, they’ve evidently improved a bit since we smashed them at theirs. Or maybe my cup rotation was a bit too audacious. But secretly it’s probably best being out of it given that Bayern and BVB have continued to progress and add more games to their schedules.

Had a nail biting thrill ride away to Gladbach next, went 2-0 down early on, dragged it back to 2-1 before the break, and managed to mount a second half comeback to score a couple and claim the three points. Thought this would be our big defining comeback game of the season, but it was blown out of the water a few weeks later. More on that soon. Frankfurt held us to a disappointing draw next, another dent in our title aspirations. Toughest league fixture of the season next away to Bayern, put in a creditable performance and were looking good for the draw but they pipped us in the second half as we tired and they subbed on filthy levels of quality from their bench.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Next up was a * mental match. Hoffenheim at home and I decided to run a bit of a mixed XI to keep the fitness of some of my second string guys up, in case I need to call on them in the event of injury etc. So started the likes of Schopf and Kabak and Szoboszlai and Cavani. Hoffenheim smashed us in the first half, we went into the break trailing 0-2. They went 0-3 up about ten minutes into the second half and I thought we’d well and truly * it. Cue second string fullback Oczipka, who never scores, coming up with a goal. Asensio dragging it back to 2-3. Super sub Haaland leveling it 3-3. And then James Maddison stealing the win in the 90th minute. Brilliant way to knock off the comeback Steam achievement, but more importantly keeps us within spitting distance of the Bavarians.

[​IMG]

Here’s how the table shapes up with 10 games to go. Dortmund are just about in the hunt, and in theory Wolfsburg or Leverkusen could put a run together. But I’m choosing to bill this as a 1 on 1 showdown between ourselves and Bayern, with just the 3 points separating us at the moment.

[​IMG]

Remaining fixtures don’t look too scary on paper. Obviously the Revierderby stands out, need a much better performance than the one we put in at the Westfalenstadion. Wolfsburg and HSV should also be tough aways. But I really like the look of those remaining 7 games for the run-in. Fingers crossed.

[​IMG]

Nice to see our big Norwegian kid pick up the European Golden Boy gong.

RTJ and neilly1987 like this.
  19. mickcfc91

Fav Celtic Player:
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Wiley Maley
    upload_2019-11-26_22-13-38.png

Scouts are raving about this guy.

20. GMS

Are the huns in anyone else's game ridiculous?

I'm 21 games in and they have

P22 W20 D1 L1

I lost at Ibrox and won at Celtic Park vs them. I'm only 4 points behind right enough and at least it's a challenge but * it's stressful