1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Scott Bain

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Blochairnbhoy, Jan 31, 2018.

Discuss Scott Bain in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    As @Valhalla said random as * but means 1 thing imo if we can get Forster on a perm deal Gordon is offski!

2. cammy07

Gordon will be offski regardless, hopefully once bain gets himself fit again Gordon will be back to third choice and we won't have to see him again.

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SCOTT Bain is delghted to remain a Celt for the next few years and continue his development as a goalkeeper after agreeing a new contract with the club.

Bain put pen to paper on his new deal with Celtic this morning (Thursday) which will keep him at the club until at least the summer of 2023.

The 27-year-old Hoops stopper was keen to finalise the negotiations and commit his future to the Scottish champions.

“It’s fantastic to get it done,” said Bain. “It lets me fully focus on getting fit and getting back in the team. It’s something that’s been in the works for a while, so I’m glad to finally have it finalised.

“It’s really enjoyable to be part of a team that’s going for trophies and winning the majority of games. You have to thrive off that kind of pressure here. For me to be a part of that has been a dream.”

Bain has made 45 appearances for Celtic since initially joining the club in January 2018 and has kept clean sheets in more than half of those games with 27 shutouts to his name.

But the Scotland internationalist said his most cherished achievement was last season’s Scottish Cup final win which secured the historic Treble Treble.

“The Scottish Cup final win is the highlight of my time here,” he said. “Winning the Treble Treble and being part of that team was an amazing achievement and it was a fantastic day when we did it. There was a lot of pressure in the build-up to it, so winning it felt amazing and we had a fantastic night as a team afterwards.

“It’s a great changing room, a great bunch of players and great staff to work for and learn from every day. To keep that going and be part of the Celtic Family for another few years means a lot to me.”

Bain has been side-lined with injury since mid-August but, with the next few years secure, the Celtic goalkeeper said he could now fully focus on finishing his return and continuing to improve with the help of the Stevie Woods and the other coaching staff at the club.

“I’ve developed as a person and as a player here at Celtic. Being around people who want to make you better and train you to a high standard brings the best out in you. That, and being around good people every day helps you as a person and a human being as well as becoming a better football player.”

Last edited: Oct 31, 2019
  4. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Delighted for Bain but would rather see an announcement of Christie to 2023!

5. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Don't see what's random about it at all. Has proven he can be relied upon when needed and is clearly willing to be an understudy/fight for a place.

Good piece of business for the club, a much better option than Gordon now.

6. freitassen

Likeable guy, decent enough for backup but not good enough by far to be the number 1 goalkeeper of Celtic. He surely wouldnt sign a 4 year contract to happily sit in the bench for all that time

7. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

I like Bain and training with a top-level keeper like Forster should be good for him and bring his game on (particularly shot-stopping). He won't be on fortunes, makes total sense.

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Good backup. :50:

9. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Good rather keep him than that other *.

10. tarboltontim We have nothing to lose but our chains. Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    John Clark
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Good bit of business keeping him for a few more years.

11. aliceinsound

No but he would to give himself financial security for next 4 years. We also increase his resale value if he does want to move for first team football.

If not then being back up keeper at Celtic isn't a bad gig at all.

Seems like a smart move for all parties

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Quality backup keeper to be honest..

Sensible and allows us to have Bain in who won't be on a lot and Gordon out...who will be. Leaves a decent bit to put towards Forster..

Jeremie Frimpong and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  13. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Not sold on him and I don't think we would have brought Fraser in if Bain was in big long term plans. He was here until 2022 anyway.

14. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Really like Bain and if he's happy to be no2 then all good.

FF is just better at the higher level.

Dan Breen likes this.
  15. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Nice guy thats fitted in well and wont be on much but hes been awful since the day BR left and took the playing out from the back with him. A couple of months absence since Cluj hasnt changed that.

Decent business though if it paves the way and clears cash for a permanent FF move.

16. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

:celtman2:

bagforlife likes this.
  17. WolfOfParkhead

Fav Celtic Player:
    All about the collective
    Clujs 3rd and whatever the * he was at giving away the corner that led to their 2nd.
    Motherwells 1st in the 5-2
    Sarajevo away no presence at a routine corner
    Hearts goal on trophy day
    Taverniers Free kick
    Nearly sold an equaliser in the 2-1 hun game but Ajer cleaned up on the line thankfully.
    Sold Ajer for a penalty at Tynecastle the first game after BR left.

Only have to go back a couple of pages to see people waking up to it. The couple of months out since Cluj has clearly done him no harm in people forgetting it though.

It wouldn't be unreasonable to put it down to poor form after his sizeable role in the team that put a winning run together after the winter break. But when the focus came away from his kicking under Lenny and onto his pure keeping abilities he's largely failed when called upon. The hibs and killie split games being the exceptions.
    So its alot more likely he was in the form of his life for a couple of months in January and February and has now gone back to his level.

18. Seán Mac D Gold Member Gold Member

He certainly had a dip in form for a period but it was a turbulent time for the club and the whole defence has completely changed in that period. I think to say he's been awful is being a bit melodramatic.

He was rightly dropped and Forster hasn't put a glove wrong since he came in but Bain has played his part for us and will continue to in the next few years.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    Dan Breen and Liam Scales like this.
  19. Dan Breen

Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Likable guy, adequate back up but not quality enough to be our No 1.
    Does not command his box. Too small for SPL, with all those cart horses about.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

SB: "It’s great. It now allows me to continue to focus on returning stronger and better than before my injury."

SB: "I’ve been back training a week or so now and I’m just trying to get up to the standards I was at before.”

SB: "It’s difficult to get in. For me, it’s a case on how to improve on before. To work and learn from Fraser and Craig every day is great.”

SB: "I just need to be patient. It’s a fantastic place to come to work every day so there’s no real issue.”

SB: "I love it here. Great club, great players and staff. It’s a brilliant place to come and train every day. I just need to work hard and be patient”

tarboltontim likes this.