1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Christopher Jullien

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Valhalla, Jun 28, 2019.

Discuss Christopher Jullien in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CJ: “The derby was perfect. A good step and everything was really good on the field.”

CJ: “I was really focussed. I did my job but after getting MOTM I said to the team that each player deserved it.

CJ: “We went on the field with respect for our opponent. Everybody was focussed.”

CJ: “I just take that game, mentally, as any other game. We prepared like it was a normal game.”

CJ: “We know it is a big win but the season is long. Watching the celebrations with the fans on video gives me goosebumps.”

CJ: “In my head each day I can improve and the team can too. We are good, but we can be better.”

CJ: “ We had a good month but there’s a lot of work to do. Today is a new day. Sunday was good but it’s behind us now.”

CJ: (on verbal abuse)...”We are with Broony and we give him all the support he needs.”

CJ: “Rennes is a good team. They have a good team and good young players. I can’t wait but we’re going to be ready, for sure.”

Tommy25 likes this.
  2. CFC.1

Anyone got a clip of him slapping Morelos round the heid?

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

On the last page

[​IMG]

4. CFC.1

Aye seen ye posted that, dunno if it’s my phone but it’s not showing the full thing

Tommy25 likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Any better

6. CFC.1

Aye spot on, some man

7. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

No problem at all.

CFC.1 likes this.
  8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

CHRISTOPHER JULLIEN says he had the last laugh after refusing to take Alfredo Morelos’ bait during Celtic’s Old Firm triumph at Ibrox.

The Rangers frontman appeared to be looking for a reaction from the Hoops defender when he trod on his foot late on during the season’s opening derby clash.

But Jullien did not react as he kept his head to help steer Neil Lennon’s side to a precious three points at the home of their bitter rivals.

Gers skipper James Tavernier said before the game he expected the Hoops would look to provoke the Colombian after last season’s well-documented disciplinary problems.

However, it seemed to be Morelos engaging in the dark arts as he clashed with the £7million signing from Toulouse as they waited for a free-kick to be delivered.

Frenchman Jullien – named man of the match after his side’s 2-0 win – said: “That’s the game.

It happens in every sport, you know, trash talk. Basketball, football, American football – it’s everywhere.

“It’s part of the game. If it’s a strength for him, I don’t know. I don’t know him so much.

We talked about it before the game and I was told he was sometimes a bit like that.

“I told him to his face ‘I like that so keep going’. If we have a clean sheet then I did my job, so it’s all good.”

Jullien says Sunday’s victory was the perfect response to the critics who have been lining up to have a pop at Lennon’s team since they crashed out of the Champions League to Romanian outfit Cluj.

But he warned those who were quick to write off the Parkhead side that they will only continue to improve as the season goes on.

He said: “We judge big teams and champions when they stand up after a fall.

After that game (against Cluj), we were devastated because it was a goal of the club and players (to reach the Champions League).

“It was just a mistake. We are human – but the reaction we’ve shown was really important.

“We know we have talent and good players but we fought after that and I’m really happy with the team’s behaviour after (Cluj).

“We didn’t have so much talk on what was being said outside of the field. We were just focused on the game and the victory was a good answer after all the effort we showed.

“We still have a lot of work to do and so far we’re only one month in. We are good but I’m sure we can be better.”

Lennon was forced to name a makeshift back four short on derby experience after Kristoffer Ajer and Jozo Simunovic failed fitness tests.

But his defence – and Jullien in particular – stood up to the test amid the fevered atmosphere at Ibrox.

Jullien was well aware of what the game meant to the Hoops faithful but believes keeping calm amid the crazed surroundings was key to his display.

He said: “I got a feel for what the game meant when I was out in the city.

“In the week before the game a lot of people came to me when I was with my family and had a lot of talk about Sunday’s match.

“They kept talking about that match but I was saying ‘we have a European game (with AIK) before’.

However, everyone was really focused on Sunday’s game and I understand it’s a big thing here.

“But I just treated the match mentally like any game knowing the atmosphere would be a little more crazy.”

Tommy25 and Rydo1888* like this.
  9. kinglenny

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Good to see him barking out orders as well in the game marshalling the defence, seems like a leader.

Tommy25 and Artorias like this.
  10. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Tommy25 likes this.
  11. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Just watched that. Big mans class.

Tommy25 likes this.
  12. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Absolutely * love him.

And his brilliant gif.

13. Graeme1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    YNWA
    “I told him to his face ‘I like that so keep going’.

Ooh err...

14. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Class on and off the park.

15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Bet he’s got a right smashing big *.

16. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Racist.

Edit: I reckon a good foot long though

Valhalla and bagforlife like this.
  17. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Christopher Jullien insists he is prepared go to war for Celtic.

And the French defender has revealed Alfredo Morelos’ attempts to drag him into a battle only inspired him to fight even harder at Ibrox and ensure Rangers wouldn’t get through him or his team in the Old Firm game.

Jullien’s rugged display in the team’s impressive victory at Ibrox sent his stock soaring amongst the Parkhead fans.

The £7million stopper was a man-mountain as he repelled Rangers and savoured a second-half battle with the Ibrox attacker.

At one point, sub Morelos tried to dupe his Jullien into losing his cool and his concentration by stamping on his foot in an off-the-ball incident.

However, the Celtic star was having none of it and told the Colombian on the pitch to his face that, the more times he tried any tricks, the more he’d increase the chances of him and Celtic keeping a clean sheet.

Jullien revealed: “That’s the game. He is a good player and one who tries to use a trick to disturb a defender. He stamped on my foot, but that’s part of football. It’s kind of like trash talk. There are things like this in every sport.

“Sometimes the crowd can make more of it, but, as I say, it’s part of the game. I said to him after he stamped on my foot, You can come more and more (at me) for more than one time. The more you come at me, the more the zero stays on that scoreboard.”

Jullien punched his own chest on the field at that point and he continued: “I told him that this is my strength and this is where I come from. A guy like him is not going to put me down. No one is going to put me down.

“If I am still on the field and if I can stand up, I am going to say what I can say. I just said to him, 'Come to me and we’re going to have a fight, for sure. But with me it’s going to come from within, from my heart. I will be ready'.”

Jullien’s battling qualities thrilled the Celtic fans. Having shown his composure in possession in the early weeks after signing, the former Toulouse star began to show his tougher side in Stockholm against AIK seven days ago. Smashed by Swedish strikers, he responded in kind in a colossal performance.

The 26-year-old dished out more of the same in Govan and said: “In this modern era, we have a lot of defenders who can play football. Players evolve with time and the more they can play football at the back.

“But some need players to fight. Our first job is to defend and sometimes we have to show some strength.”

Jullien admits it’s taken time to come out his shell. Entering any new dressing room, signings have to integrate before they start barking out orders.

The Frenchman recalls the first time he spoke out when he harangued Jozo Simunovic in training, only to get it back straight away. It broke the ice and now he’s intent on breaking strikers hearts.

He smiled: “I wanted to say something but just kept quiet. So, the first time I shouted at someone it was Jozo and just after that he said the same thing to me. It was a funny moment!

“It was a little thing. This happens. Things come out. When you feel comfortable, you find it easier to say things and you say the words more softly and the guys understand me.

“Communication is a big part of football. What we say before each game just before we enter the field is: Communicate, communicate.

“It is more important in my position because we see the game. Sometimes the strikers and midfield don’t see the game so much because it’s behind them.”

Settling nicely, Jullien believes there is more to come from him and his team-mates with the international break a chance to breathe after a whirlwind opening to their Hoops careers.

He said: “I talked with some of the new guys and they told me during time off they can look for an apartments and stuff.

“I also said to them it’s nice when you have somewhere to call home. This last week I arrived in my home and it’s really nice to be settled with your family with you.

“You go on the field and do your best and then afterwards can go home and relax. That’s nice.”

Jullien is now intent on savouring more top moments at Celtic in the chase for trophies and success in Europe.

However, it’ll take something to top last Sunday as he revealed: “I hadn’t seen an atmosphere like that. In Paris, it’s really good, they have the crowds, but it’s not the PSG as before. It’s changed a bit.

“Every time I go to Marseille, they are a team whose fans think they will win everything. If the team does something bad, the fans are hard on them.

“For me, Sunday’s atmosphere was better. At the entrance to the game, my legs were shaking, everything. It was really good. The importance of the game, the stress beforehand, everyone was ignited at once.

“When you see our reaction with the fans afterwards, you can see what it was before. All the stress is normal for a footballer and winning those games are so enjoyable.

“I think Sunday was my best moment in football. For sure.”

Tommy25 and Smithy like this.
  18. bagforlife Gold Member Gold Member

Love him comes across decent and genuine

Tommy25, The Prof and Crilly like this.
  19. Artorias

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    I thought he was going to get sent off when he was right in Maddens face. I think he looks such a nice guy when you see him but in that he looks like Kratos from the early * Of War games and ready to murder someone.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

The missing link at the back.

Tommy25 and Artorias like this.