1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic (2) v AIK Stockholm (0), Europa League.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Aug 17, 2019.

Discuss Celtic (2) v AIK Stockholm (0), Europa League. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    That's a great shout, more he plays the more it looks like he's willing and able to play any position. He's got the energy for it and we do need to replace Broony soon. Also I prefer Callum in a more forward role to create but that's not such a big deal cause he's generally effective anywhere he can see the game.

Whoflungdung and bhoy81 like this.
  2. northeast67

Class from Eddy, Ajer, simonivic had a good game, C.J looks very good, Christie was superb! Johnston played brilliant taken umptean for the team
    But am I the only one who thought Brown struggled to getup to the pace? Surly he's not just got old overnight.

seanm likes this.
  3. fortee

Impressed by Celtic tonight, fantastic stadium you got and some serious support from as well. For the game, it seemed like you got it (tactically) where you wanted, and as a result, you made us look like a pub team. Shocked by how poor we were, but credit to Lennon and the players for producing a good display. And cheers to the great hospitality shown by all the Celtic fans Ive come across since arriving here, top people.

Sidenote: very happy with the fans that came up to us - a few different group of Celtic fans, actually - and told us they were impressed by our away support and the noise we made. One guy told us he’d been to almost all home games since 2003, and claimed he never saw an away end as good as AIK (made a comparison with PSG, which was flattering!). Really warms my heart and Im looking forward to next week!

4. Sebelon

Fav Celtic Player:
    McGeady
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Aye, taking the train from Gothenburg There will be a lot of Celtic fans living in Sweden going to this game.

5. TheHappyLoss

Played really well, 4 or 5 wouldn't have flattered us

6. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    Who did you think was the standout mate? I thought Christie was outstanding. For a young/ish guy who was on the fringes, to have grabbed his chance so well his improvement has been outstanding. He has everything in his locker too.

Whoflungdung and seanm like this.
  7. seanm

Thanks be safe

8. seanm

Broony is a legend.dont care if he needs a zimmer frame i want him on that pitch.HH

Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. neilly1987 Do I look happy? Do I look settled? Gold Member

I thought Broony looked like he was towing a caravan last night.

Champions0607 likes this.
  10. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I agree, again not to go back to McGinn but he would have been perfect as well to replace Brown.

Need another player in the mould but I can’t see Lennon brining another holding player while Bitton is here cause he can cover both centre half and holding mid.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  11. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    There lies the problem ...

Actually thought he played well last night. The speed of the game suited him. But he needs phased out this season. Guy has gave his all for us for 12 years but you can't keep expecting someone of his age to keep going and going, especially in such an important part of the pitch.

A massive expectation will fall on his replacement. Could cost us a fair amount to get someone in as capable.

12. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I thought Broony was chasing himself most of the night. Definitely off the pace.

Also, sometimes he is too keen to pull off the "strolling it" look, if that makes sense. And doesn't pull it off.

Still had some good spells in the game though

13. SecretOne187

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone!
    Well, cant say im surprised we played like we did yesterday, you are the better team, away pitch and this is typical Norling.

Our tactics just as expected. Careful, slow, "lets see what they do and act after that" instead of "lets play our game and do our thing". That works in the league when playing opponents that doesnt have attackers worth 10m€+ etc.

The problem is not our squad, its the fact that our coach gets 50% out of them. He has been well known to be Swedens Mourinho for a while now and everyone knows what he does.
    He comes to the club, slows everyone down the first year + builds a strong defensive team, wins most of the games because of boring the opponents rather than playing better fotball, gold the first year and everyone loves him. Then, then things starts happening.
    Best players on the bench (most likely for a * reason, Pogba+Mou), weird starting elevens that nobody understands, plays defence defence defence even though the players he has in his tool box are not that kind of players, every interview with any reporter with any kind of critizism ends up with a typical Mourinho press conference. For you who knows, you know.

Having this said, great game from your side. You did what you were suppose to do, more than 1 goal and a clean sheet.
    The game on our home pitch WILL be different but i dont think different enough to get us through.
    But the game itself, the atmosphere in the arena will be top notch!

To all our fans who were at Celtic Park yesterday, cudos! You did more than well, could hear you through the TV 90+ minutes, respect!

14. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda
    After all the doom and gloom of the past week I was pleasantly surprised by our performance. I don't know why because we all know Eddy, Ryan, Mikey, Jamesy et, al on their day are flying. Some of the football was great. I know we're still a bit nervous defensively but give the new boys a chance to bed in. I don't think any of them are all that bad. I even think that there's a good player in Morgan.............no laughing at the back I have been right before :86:Once they all have a run of games we will know where we are.

I heard someone query on the phone in if it's the thought of not getting to the 10 that's making us all ancy and to be honest I think it's partly the case. Fans are looking too far ahead without looking at the here and now. Our expectations have become not just higher but huge in a time of transition. For some the 10 is the be and end all and for others it's our CL pedigree that's at stake. We're worried that Lenny wont be able to deliver and worse still wont get the financial backing. We're all miffed at the lack of spending but in all honesty it's the way the club has operated for a long time. If we get the signings right though we have enough to over run this league. My only real concern is the lack of physicality. They're all too nice! With the exception of Broony and Ajer of course. Lenny must feel like a fish out of water dealing with a group of lads like that.

15. Cringer67

My only gripe is that the tie should have been put to bed last night. Great performance. Eddie is different gravy.

16. JC Anton Get yer, hats, scarfs badges & tapes

Was confident after the first 20mins we would win and go through, although it will be a different game over there I’m confident we can score and win..

17. Jeannie960 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Daizen Maeda

Shh you do know he's going to be the first on sale next season :56:

18. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    Posted yesterday we would win 2 / 3 with a clean sheet......my cup is half full.......................

Lilac Wine and StPauli1916 like this.
  19. Paul McAuley

We will concede early over there, then concede a 2nd just before half time.

Then score late as it looks like we're heading for extra time.

You know the Celtic way.

20. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    A half empty cup.....we will score first then its game over.....................