1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic (2) v AIK Stockholm (0), Europa League.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by JC Anton, Aug 17, 2019.

Discuss Celtic (2) v AIK Stockholm (0), Europa League. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    Should be smashing this lot of diddies tomorrow.

2. Rob Raven

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Just 4 titles? Really?

However, spreading your word on social media like open forums might be a decent strategy when it comes to strengthening brands and twisting reality. I know at least one president who is successful with that sort of thing. But I’m not sure he is considered as one of the best world leaders anyway...

:57:

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  3. Cumbernauld Bhoy67

Starting to come round a bit now and quite looking forward to this. Being positive and think we’ll bounce back from the past 10 days, 2-0.

Marty McFly likes this.
  4. wulliebad

we will need 3 min...but maybe 4 and a clean sheet.....we should go through but i think its going to be more squeaky * time.

5. Celtic Frost God of Hellfire Gold Member

What i have seen, we need to be better than the last games. If we just be as we should we will take it 3 or 4 goals to nothing.if i like to Wager 3-1 to us , we have been a bit bad in the back. We bigger better in money and have better palyers, just that Lennon can utilize that we will win.

Cumbernauld Bhoy67 likes this.
  6. Jeremie Frimpong

7. DayleCFC1888

Thanks for the response, genuinely don’t know enough about the Swedish game but it’s easy to see there’s 3 top clubs , Malmo , IFK and AIK.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    The next four games will define our season couple of defeats in the next four and we could implode

Fully87 likes this.
  9. SecretOne187

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone!
    @eire4
    Thanks, its nice to be here and acknowledge other fans and talk to them before a game, always interesting!

@Everyone:
    Just want to make myself clear, we might be strong defensivley but dont get me wrong. We dont park the bus, we like possession, its just that.. once we have the ball he (the coach) leaves nothing to random, its very static. Like i said, feels somewhat slow. But... once we attack, we attack. And we do it good and have high precision.

So not the typical "park the bus" team, when we do it we do it because we want you to think we cant handle it and the BOOM. We dont park the bus, as people are used to it (weak teams against strong teams), we can even "back home" against * teams for 45 min, to feel them out and the BOOM.

Having that said, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesnt.

About biggest team. Title wise, no, we are not. As much as id love to say we are, unfortunately IFK Göteborg had a fantastic prime time during the 80's and 90's of which they accuried many titles, since then. Nada.
    Malmö FF had their prime in the 70's and also now during the 10's of which they took themselves to CL twice in a row and added a lot of funds in their club because of that.

So its hard to argue with titles, but.. you know.
    Reporters write most about AIK. The club reaches out to a lot of people, we have most exil fans BY FAR.
    Also read "fortee"s comment, spot on.
    Its really hard to explain, and of course we us AIK-fans will say this, but.. Everyone in Sweden knows this, even though they wont admit it.
    We are not just no1 when it comes to different polls, what people search for on google, which team big players come to etc.. we are also by far always no1 every year before each season starts when polls say "Which team do you NOT want to win Allsvenskan this year"

Its nice to hear Obasi is back for todays game, he might give your defence some trouble by the way. Depending on who Norling starts, for sure Goitom is one the pitch with either Kolbein or Obasi. And then in 2nd half at some point Nabil Bahoui enters.

10. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Mon the Hoops! :ynwacelti

11. Cringer67

Mon Celtic! Intae these handsome *!

12. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    @Swedish1910 and @fortee , fight , fight , fight , fight :mf_argue:

Only kidding :101: the internet an forums are all about difference of opinion, both welcome good to hear diff opinions

Did big "dont mess with the Johan" Mjallby come from AIK ?

Looking 4ward to 2nite , my wee Bhoys first proper game , got his Scarf and strip all ready , can see us winning 3/4 - 0 2nite if we start off right

charlietully likes this.
  13. SecretOne187

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone!

Hehe no need to fight, keep that for the pitch and the players haha ;)

Johan Mjällby is, no matter which AIK-fan you ask, one of our biggest profiles and legends in the club. He played in our youth teams 1984-1989, after that debuted in the A-team from 1989-1998 and won the gold with us 1998 before leaving to play with Celtic. He is always mentioned to "come back one day", as a coach as that is what he does today.
    He is AIK incarnate basically, fits the profile of players the fans loves. Hard working, plays rough, never complains, * captain material etc.

14. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    My Fav CB for us in the last 36 years my lifetime, that's including players like Van Dijk , Bobo , Rieper(who's my 3rd), Ajer (who's my 2nd) an Elliot

johnboy19 and Fully87 like this.
  15. SecretOne187

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone!
    Also Mikael Lustig have been mentioned, more than once and twice, to come to AIK once he wants to "settle his career" down from European soccer.
    Everyone thought it would happen this year but he chose Gent (the money there is a lot better than in Sweden im guessing).

16. angusceltic67

Hope there's no daft protests tonight, that last one was sure to have an effect on the Dunfermline performance.

17. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Looking at the tickets , think we will be lucky if there's 25k/30k at the game 2nite , probs our lowest euro attendance in years , thought the prices were decent aswell

18. SecretOne187

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone!
    Wow, that sucks in a way.. Everyone here is excited about the fact we are playing a "fans" club (always filled, or close to filled, with fantastic fans that have a reputation all over the world).

But anything that might help us win, i welcome.
    If any of you are visiting Stockholm for the 2nd game, you will love it, our fans are quite a like i would say.
    Lots of them, history that goes way back, loud as * and enjoy chaos in all its form (for good or evil).

19. SecretOne187

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone!
    Cant blame you for that, but i can tell you the majority (if not A L L) AIK-fans think the same, a legend like i said.
    A true champion, true human. Does what he does and does it good without complaints, old school type of human. Not like todays millenialls haha.

*, this day is SLOW. Cant stop thinking about the game, i wont be able to get any work done today.

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member