1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Do you think we will win 9iar?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Paul McAuley, Aug 20, 2019.

Discuss Do you think we will win 9iar? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. celtic warrior

We'd need to * ourselves even more then we currently have to lose the league.

Where we should be winning it by 10+ points, because of the feel of everything right now and the dead transfer business it's likely to be about 4-5 points.

Which leads to the unbearable gap is closing pish and I * hate it.

Last edited: Aug 20, 2019
  2. rudebhoy67 Gold Member Gold Member

As things stand it's up in the air. Get the defence sorted and we will be fine. However that probably means we need another 3 players of quality in and given we have struggled to do so in 2 months it's unlikely to happen in under 2 weeks.

Not confident going to the midden with this defence. If we get a result it will be massive for our momentum/ confidence. Equally a bad result and performance will be hugely damaging, even at this early stage.

3. john2061

It's really comes down to what we do before the transfer window closes and still think we need four or five players but quality at that
    The defence will cost us if we don't get it sorted and looking for a right back and left back and another centre half and a midfielder as well .

4. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I'll take winning two games in a row right now

5. Goggzy60

I voted yes because if it by December we are behind I think the board would actually spend money and probably sack Lenny. Desmond would probably get in someone he wants like he did with the rat.

NakamuraTastic likes this.
  6. thailandceltic From Immigration to Domination

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paddy
    Fav Celtic Song:
    hail hail
    As stated many times before by many posters on here and elsewhere, the only people to stop 9 and10 will be ourselves and at the moment we are doing a very good job.

7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :43:

8. Goggzy60

I can see us maybe being 9 points behind come December. In January we would probably spend money if it happens and next summer bring in a better manager. Almost like the whole rat situation.

9. Lewis Kerr

Yes but we won’t win 10

10. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Ok....

11. wulliebad

Given what this team needs and what celtic normally do during transfer windows i'm going to say no.
    I honestly think the board have * it.

12. seanm

we can only * it up ourselves with no new players in and a tory board.HH

13. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Honestly, at the moment I don't know. I haven't seen any of our main competition play yet, so I don't know what they are capable of and if they look like genuine contenders or not.

I'm also in a fairly negative frame of mind where we are concerned just now. Didn't even get a chance to properly celebrate the treble treble before Lenny was announced, who I admit I didn't want, which took the wind out of my sails. Then I came to terms with it being Lenny and thought it will be fine once he brings his own backroom team in, especially if it has someone with good tactical knowhow to offset his weakness (in my opinion) in that area. Nope. It's staying at Kennedy and Duff. Then we got off to a reasonable start in the transfer market (or so it seemed) then nothing but selling KT since. Then we have a great start in the league and only to have to endure the * Cluj debacle. So I am struggling to be positive about the coming season, it seems like whenever we are seeing something positive one minute something is just waiting to kick you in the balls the next.

That all being said we should still be winning it, if we don't it is entirely self inflicted. If we do get a couple of 1st team ready players in my mood would probably change, but I'm not holding my breath.

14. FATLAZYBHOY Born in the steamie Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Samaras
    Fav Celtic Song:
    CELTIC SONG (CLASSIC)
    i keep on telling the dumb huns in work the reason we haven't been spending much money on transfers is becauce we've spent all of our bank balance on buying the 9th and 10th title already.

and the sad thing is, they believe it.

15. dmccourt95

Don’t really know, part of me still thinks the squad is good enough to win a league n that they’re still *, part of me thinks Lennon isn’t good enough to win a title if it’s tight at Christmas like it was last year. Next few weeks should clear things up but by then the window is closed and we have to till January with what we have. If that’s good enough or not will be on the boards head

16. Goggzy60

Yeah I didn't put my point across very well.

17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

As @PaulM1888 said, September 2nd is the time to ask this question. The next 2 weeks are absolutely crucial to getting us ready for the season.

Bring some players in, qualify for Europe, beat the Glesga & Edinburgh Huns and we're in a good place. Do none of those things, we're *.

NakamuraTastic and PaulM1888 like this.
  18. Jacob knows Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Paul McStay
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    You have your opinion mate. Fair do's, it is a forum after all, but if we're 9 pts behind in December we're in worse shape than every * in this forum thinks we are.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  19. Goggzy60

I can't see our defence staying fit all season, if Ajer gets injured this squad as is currently will be *. Jozo can't play Astro aswell so our options would then be down to Julien Bitton and Hendry at CB. Currently defensively this team is * and I don't expect anymore signings for the defence.

20. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Voted no but might change to yes depending on the rest of the transfer window. If no * comes in then we're simply *. If the likes of Taylor come in, we're probably * but if we fix the mess we're in with proper investment, we will win the league but it will be closer than last year.