1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

They aren’t duds yet ffs. They’ve also not been given a chance at all yet.

Pogues likes this.
  2. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Nobody is talking about domestically. Something we are only 2 games into btw.

3. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

It's okay guys. Frasbo's right.

Who cares about getting dumped out of Europe by a bunch of journeymen when we are beating the greats like St Johnstone and Motherwell?

We've had a good start in the league. But it's two games. One being against an abysmal St Johnstone side who had just been beaten by Forfar and Montrose.

Xatraps, Frasbo, Murph-E and 3 others like this.
  4. Account Deactivated Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Doofo do you ever stop telling the truth moaning?

5. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

:lenny2:

6. Keano88

We just got knocked out of the Champions League from an average Cluj side - who managed to put 4 goals past us.

Lennon was praised for our performances domestically - rightly so, as they were great to watch.

However, that shouldn’t mean he’s immune to criticism for his poor decisions before and during last nights game that have cost us on and off the field.

7. Tulf

The best start to a domestic campaign would maybe mean something if it wasn't for the fact we have only played two games.

Marty McFly likes this.
  8. World Champion

At the railroad bar, about seven o'clock.
    Love the guy but he should be ashamed of that * last night.

9. limezer

Love Lennon but I’m fearing he’s turned into a yes man he should be demanding these players to be signed, feels like he’s sitting on his hands and listening to Lawwell nonsense.

10. MickeyyMack CELTIC GLASGOW OK Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Lawwell has set out with the format and the way the club is heading never thought I’d see Lennon go along with that , he should be demanding a better quality of player sickening

limezer likes this.
  11. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    This is the boards fault and they are answerable to the fans. Lennon was put in charge and regardless of team selection or naive tactics it was Lawell who put that management team in place. It is Lawell and whoever else target signings and get them done. As usual it’s always the cheapest option with the board and the best thing that happened for our board ever was the filth going to the wall. This way they can nod the head towards South side and laugh whilst telling us the bank balance is great and the club is in safe hands but we won’t be foolish, we will continue to be prudent. So that’s why Lenny is in charge and the * off the seats signings never materialise. We need to back this team and Lennon because we have a cup tie at the weekend and the filthy monkeys to deal with.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  12. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Really scraping the bottom of the barrel for positives here.

Frasbo and Twisty like this.
  13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It was awful, definitely the worst for a while but maybe we should give him a few games? Not telling you how think but we're still in 4 Cups, the league being most important and we've started well, been scoring goals, spread amongst many players which has to be massive when playing well drilled defences.

Will be interesting to see how we respond in Europa but if we play anything like that domestically then we've got a problem. He's generally good when it comes to SPFL teams though.

Rydo1888* and StPauli1916 like this.
  14. Double Dutch

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    I get you swerve, I'm not saying we'll lose the league and forget how to play football. Lenny has the squad to get over the line in the league and the mentality to bounce back.

But do we honestly want to settle for being the best team in Scotland? Should we not be aiming for CL group stage every year as a bare minimum? I think that's exactly where our ambitions should be. Bare minimum.

I honestly though when they appointed Rodgers a corner was turned in terms of ambition. I was wrong. The board are selling the whole club short appointing a manager of Lenny's ability.

Not good enough I'm afraid.

15. TIART Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Wee Callum
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Interesting period for Lennon. 22nd Aug - 1st Sept.

Two UEL qualifiers against no mugs and the game against the huns away from home, all within 11 days. Ooft! Pressure or what!

With a lot of pressure on the board as it stands also, and if we lose both sets of games, I’m not quite sure what the board will do at that point. Would there be a ‘board out’ protest at the front door en masse by the fans?

Would Desmond even consider a bullet for Lawwell and Lennon. Don’t see it, Petes bringing in coin.

Would Pete punt Lennon, basically admitting it was a mistake and had no better option. The snakey * would likely do that. Fastest sacking in history?

The board weather a torrent from the fans and wait for it to blow over blasting the media machine with 9iar here we go and quotes about identified targets for January in the pipeline. A new contract for a key player like Morgan, eh sorry I mean Mikey J.

Obviously that’s the worst case scenario over those 11 days and I think you’d be hard pressed to find a fan at this stage that doesn’t see that outcome as possible.

All that said, would it be the spur for a major overhaul. It’d be a short term pain but perhaps a long term gain.

Telling time indeed....

blizzard bhoy likes this.
  16. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    I take it you are happy with last night then?

17. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    I take it you don't think we shouldn't get behind the manager then ?

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  18. Venomspawn82

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kyogo
    Just because he is a Celtic manager currently in charge? I support Celtic, not Lennon.

19. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Super.

20. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    I’m gutted but I have perspective as I have been in worse places than this in the last 3 years. Just wondering and would like a few different views on it. What makes last nights total collapse and failure by Neil Lennon’s team much worse than a Brendan Rodgers team getting knocked out last season at the same stage by AEK Athens and in a fashion that was far more defeatist? We are on an exact replay as last seasons beginning as far as Europe goes. Is it the fact (myself included) that we are jumping the gun fairly quickly because Lenny wasn’t fancied and nearly all the fan base expected another name of the Rodgers ilk.

Also makes me think how far the relationship between Lawell and Rodgers had deteriorated to make him get up and leave mid performance. Can we take a step back from all the snake calling and fake accusations to say maybe there is a big grey area. Not just black and white. Rodgers missed targets because Lawell didn’t approve of him wasting millions on several bad buys. Let’s face it, with the money we deal with a lot of our signings are experimental. I’d hedge a guess Rodgers got hush money to avoid conflict at the club. And just look at how unanimous the support was to support our CEO and the board and that is not commonplace at our club. But as I said the perspective on this is we will go into Europe in the same manner next season and the season after.

Ciaran_67 likes this.