1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

What is the most likely outcome?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Jax Teller, Aug 14, 2019.

Discuss What is the most likely outcome? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    They wont

2. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I believe they are favourites at the moment. If I was a gambling man, my money would firmly be on them.

Venomspawn82 likes this.
  3. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    Edouard to submit transfer request before the end of the window. Mcgregor to move to Leicester in January.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  4. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    Neither McGregor or Edouard will be here this time next year.

With a euro qualifier and an old firm looming it's looking like a very difficult few weeks months ahead.

The thing is fans are too blinded to see that the board will continue to shaft them even if we qualify for Europa and beat sevco. All hunky dory again but bigger problems behind the scenes .

Very very difficult times ahead, and the biggest test of character in years.

Sydneysider and blizzard bhoy like this.
  5. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    @Blochairnbhoy concise post was very informative. I didn't know Lawwell had so much negative effect when it came to our managers allowance. I'm still not sure if what he's required to do matches what he's expected to do? Like he seems to get all of the blame when * goes bad but none of the credit when it goes well? Well apart from that crazy 100% pay rise, how is he getting that when we've hardly got competition? That does not look good considering we're keeping our players cap is obviously restricting our scouting net?

Anyway, last night I wasn't thinking about our budget preventing us beating Cluj. It was that ludicrous set up Lenny conjured up. It completely unsettled the team, we had little to no influence in midfield. Seriously is there anyone who seen Callum at LB and thought it bode well for us? If money was a problem then you can't help thinking the board must be looking at £10m sitting on the bench, a player who should've been loaned out a month ago getting picked ahead of Sincy and Hayes for some reason out of favour? I have no idea what Jullien is like, not seen him make a huge error or a moment of brilliance. But surely a £7m defender would be more capable of filling the LB spot than a midfielder?

Is it our scouting dept that's still in disarray after the Congerton shambles?

It definitely it sounds like there are members on the board who know very little about football, what do they do btw, I mean it feels like Lawwell makes all the decisions, what do those Tory * do apart from look down at us?

Oh don't @straighttalker if Callum goes I think I will literally go into a deep depression, what would be the point anymore?

@Seán Mac D has it not always been more difficult for us to attract the likes of Benni McCarthy and Alberto compared to European teams?

tarboltontim and blizzard bhoy like this.
  6. Sydneysider

I think Ajer will be going too..

You can see why McGinn chose Villa and Kieran T bailed out at the first chance

7. cidermaster Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    That Depeche Mode when we score!!
    * knows and he’s on holiday!!

Lilac Wine likes this.
  8. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    last night I wasn't thinking about our budget preventing us beating Cluj. It was that ludicrous set up Lenny conjured up. It completely unsettled the team, we had little to no influence in midfield.................spot on mate !!

9. Westlondonscot Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Calmac
    Bring in a couple on the cheap as they have assessed their budget. Also if they sign nobody it outright proves not trying.

10. Jax Teller

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thumb
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Soldier song
    Ridiculous statement.

Just because we’ve had a poor result in Europe doesn’t in any way enhance their abilities. We are the ones who have consistently been winning trophies for the last 8 years. 3 trebles in a row.

I’m aware we need strengthened in certain areas but making them favourites this season for the league when we are 2 games in (12-2 agg) and them (8-2 agg) is ludicrous.

11. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What will it take for this board?

No european football altogether.
    Pummelled on 1st September

They don’t give a *

12. SCOTTYBHOY_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grand Old Team To Play For
    So where do we go from here as a collective just let the club and Lawwell continually mug us off or do something about it. We’re Glasgow Celtic ffs

13. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    :56: True but it would be fun to be underdogs and see how they like being favourites.

@SCOTTYBHOY_67 I think a lot of fans feel the same but don't know what there can be done to create change. I mean what exactly would be the demands and how would we go about making them, like recruiting a better CEO than Lawwell etc? I think he's highly regarded so that could be tricky. Right now it kinda feels as if Desmond is the invisible hand reacting to the fans needs when things get critical like Ronny's last huns game? Another Invincibles season would be nice.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2019
  14. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    I think it is quite clear their is business man at celtic who don't want to risk any profitability at all be it small or large and in doing so it makes us less profitable if we spent decent money on the park especially at the back we would qualify more and hence be better off the park as well but too many blazers don't wanna risk their bonus

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

15. Luis1967 Gold Member Gold Member

We really need to put this behind us. Yes it’s was a horrible result at home and it’s football these things happen from time to time. There’s a slight over reaction as it’s still so fresh but we need to get together move on and try a win the 9. We aren’t marking any more signings so we will have to do it with what we we’ve got.

We also have a treble to defend, a UEL play off and a game at the * pit only just over 2 weeks away. Still so much at stake we can’t dwell over this much longer.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  16. The Thumb

Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song
    Whats the point of even qualifying for EL, if we plan on making no more signings ?

We need a LB, RB and a CM at the bare minimum.

17. JML67 Gold Member Gold Member

Invest in some better players, particularly defence and midfield. Qualify for Europa, hope for the best, hopefully top the league by Christmas and then strengthen again in January so we don't have a makeshift backline in next year's CL qualifiers.

A guy can dream eh...

18. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    a slight over reaction ???????? thats putting it very mildly.................

19. Keano88

I think we’ll sign one more player permanently and get a player on loan.

20. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    It's far from a ridiculous statement. They are just off the back of a fantastic win in Denmark and have won 2 games in which they dropped points last year. They also have the first old firm game at ibrox where they have mauled us both games. We have a depleted defense where all but one defender remains from last year. Take your arrogant views to * and look at the reality.

littlekennie likes this.