1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Where are you getting that from? I thought both Edoaurd and Ntcham were sensational last night. They looked as if they wanted to fight for the badge.

2. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    I would disagree with saying we all knew that. This side is in a position where it should be competing and beating the likes of Cluj over two legs. I dobt see how we weren't ina position to qualify...particularly as lennon had previous experience of these rounds as so many liked to point out a positive to him coming in. Which admittedly I thought would help us too!

What most of us knew was that we were unprepared and had to strengthen key areas. Which we haven't. And probably now wont.

Keano88, obafgkmlt and Fully87 like this.
  3. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

It’s a big ask to qualify for the Champions League every season but what wasn’t a big ask was to see through an away goal advantage to an over the hill, skint, Romanian side managed by a bang average journeyman Manager.

We ourselves threw all that away and the Manager ultimately carries the can for that.

4. straighttalker

Fav Celtic Player:
    Big Vic
    @Celtic_Daft1888 I meant after the whistle went. They were pretty much fuming

5. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    Oh sorry mate, misread what you meant. You can absolutley understand why. Edoaurd deserves far more

6. Aidan O’Shea

What does? The fact Lennon totally * it?

7. Thommo92

Fav Celtic Player:
    Tierney
    Where we had strengthened, he decided to leave on the bench. (Jullien, not Boli).

8. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    No.

9. Pearse67*

Well beat us twice there last year, we have regressed, lennons tactics are rotten, so what makes you so sure it wont happen again?

10. johnboy19

Fav Celtic Player:
    Billy McNeil and Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    The Celtic Song and The Celtic Symphony
    I am one of Lenny's biggest fans but to drop Bolingoli and put Calmac in at LB was scandalous management. He gave in to the media's attempt to undermine one of our players. If I was Bolingoli, I'd be fukin' ragin'. In saying that , I am fukin' ragin'. Last night was awful.

11. rickyroma25

I can't even blame Lennon, because everything that happened last night is what I expected when we hired him. The people in charge of this club are not fit to run a football operation. There's no football expertise at the club that I can see, from boardroom to dugout. They just want to surround themselves with people who are malleable and familiar with the way they work.

Lawwell is acting as a director of football despite being totally unqualified for the role. He thinks he's the smartest guy in the room because he's good with accounts, but he has no business making any decision relating to football matters. We need a football expert with a fresh pair of eyes to come in and completely revamp how we're structured, but it won't happen because these men will never cede control.

I'm just * scunnered with it to be honest. The vast majority of us know we don't function properly, and the minority will accept and excuse anything as long as we remain above the huns.

I could accept a result like last night if we were doing everything possible to avoid it, instead of walking headlong into it. Which is what we'll continue to do as long as these guys are making the decisions.

* it.

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

I'd accept loosing at this stage if it was by pure chance. Hammer them fot 90 mins they get a break away. One of those things. Preventing 4 goals should be standard. * me 4 goals by a team ranked lower than Lincoln red imps. Let that sink in. Its arguably a sackable offense the result was so bad. Cant even blame the players, it was the tactics. Real madrid lost by that to a team like cluj the manager would be out the very next day. We loose the league before they act. I like Lennon. I want him here, but hes got to buck his ideas up if he wants continued support.

Whoflungdung likes this.
  13. jamiebhoy67

One question I have for him is how he expects bolingoli to come back stronger from.this aswell sorry mate I didnt think u were good enough to play so I stuck our best cm to cover ur position but I * it so come on back in

14. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    This. As I posted a page or so back what * terrible management

johnboy19 likes this.
  15. jamiebhoy67

Awful management destroyed a players confidence when he should be standing strong and standing by him hamstrung by his own inept management I dare say brown was in the left back position when he handled the ball aswell would that have happened if we had a left back on ? Who knows he might have been elsewhere in the box and not in the left back position

16. Gabriel Beidh an lá linn Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Raphael Scheidt
    Hibernian are ranked higher than Feyenoord. Luckily the huns didn't get Feyenoord are it would have been a virtual bye to the group stages.

17. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Strangely enough, he motivated the players to a strong comeback in the second half, but since we didn't score the third one after our second, the game disintegrated into a goalfest. His blame lies in not reacting to events in the second half.

I also felt Griffiths should've been on earlier. He is an effective player for punishing overly physical teams, by making our set pieces relevant. Christie is not on his level of dead ball mastery, yet.

18. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    He is in a serious situation just now. If he doesn’t beat the Huns and AIK in the next few weeks then his position is probably untenable.

I seen none of the “PSG would never score 5 goals at Celtic Park” type of tactics which I was assured when he took over.

The crux is that he should never have been offered manager as many of us on here suggested.

bhoy81 likes this.
  19. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    This is a key issue for me. The Rodgers big game aura has dissipated for me. I no longer have confidence going into these type of games. I have lost confidence that we can even beat the Huns let alone give them the type of pumpings we did under Rodgers.

20. Whoflungdung

Fav Celtic Player:
    Ryan Christie
    Fav Celtic Song:
    SOldiers song
    blizzard bhoy likes this.