1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Couldn’t find John Kennedy’s thread but surely it’s time for him to * off and we can get a proper coach in. Damien duff as well ffs.

2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    Lawwell came out and said he had filed if managers interested and he just * them off.

3. clonbhoy

We lost it in the first-half though! Team went out to play for a goalless draw. The mindset was to pass slowly around the back and Cluj just went for it and pressed us and kicked everything that moved.
    He said we were passive and that was down to him. If we had started the game the way we started after the break I reckon we would have been resting players at half-time. I feel he knows that himself.

4. Sentinel

We treated the 1st half like a * preseason friendly. At least we played some football 2nd. Pity we are completely clueless * in defence. This has to be one of the worst defeats we have ever had in scope and consequences. I've had enough. Can't wait for the snide little staunch * tomorrow.

* everyone involved in letting this shambles come to fruition. If the muppets (myself included) on here can see it coming, why can't they?? There are no words.

MattD likes this.
  5. CountyDownFaithful

McGregor looked uncomfortable all night and he didn’t change it.

Leaving Brown on for so long was a mistake as well, he was brutal.

Not entirely Lennons fault but he isn’t blameless

6. bhoy81

Lost it in the first half? We lost it in the second half but shipping 3 * goals.

7. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He obviously got in to them at half time and demanded it be a lot quicker..

I don't think we deliberately went out for a nil nil....we just looked clueless without McGregor in the middle and they sensed almost immediately that we were there for the taking..

8. Tulf

Abysmal appointment.

Hasn't improved at all as a mananger.

Officer Doofy likes this.
  9. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    I would've moved McGregor as soon as he nearly/should've gave away a penalty first half no spotting the man behind him..

10. Pogues

Aye first half was difficult but credit to them for closing us down. Response after half time was excellent I thought. Real sore one to take but the criticism of lennon on here is ott. Not saying he doesn't deserve any.

11. cammy07

We didn't, we had the lead twice with about 10 minutes to play. Barring a 20 minute or so spell in the second half where we should have killed the tie it was a dreadful performance and the manager got an awful lot wrong.

£10m worth of defenders left sitting on the bench as they weren't trusted to play in our biggest game of the season, what the * are we spending that sort of money on players who aren't deemed good enough to do the job?

They are not a good side by any stretch of the imagination, we have far more quality all over the park but we totally * it for ourselves, and lenny has to take the majority of the blame as he got it badly wrong.

20 minutes in it was clear as day mcgregor was so uncomfortable at the back and the formation should have been changed.

12. clonbhoy

The formation and mindset we had in the first-half is what lead to the second. He got it wrong at the start and took too long change it.

13. Keano88

We’d just promote Stephen McManus and Darren O’Dea.

Seán Mac D likes this.
  14. Celtic_Daft1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Broad Black Brimmer
    I’ll say one thing and couldn’t care who it upsets. We would never have lost that game had the rat been in charge. We would have controlled that game. We were outfought and outplayed that first half.

Also, I’ve said this before but quite frankly, I find Lennons treatment of Scott Sinclair utterly shambolic. Yes, he’s been on the decline for many years but he knows where the goal is. You’re chasing a goal and you bring on a player who has yet to score for the club. He needs hung out to dry for tonight.

We are now in a very very dangerous part of ou history. The 9 is in jeapordy and if you can’t take your green tinted specs off to see that then you’re part of the problem. Arrogance will be the downfall of this club. Be it Lawells arrogance over transfers, Lennons arrogance over his tactics or the fans arrogance over a title challenge. Huge couple of weeks for the club in this transfer window.

15. bhoy81

He could have changed it in the second half, he didn’t. We shipped 3 goals in the second half. The game was lost in the second half.

16. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    Like most folk, I love Lenny as a guy but he had an absolute nightmare tonight.
    Suspected he wasn’t up to the job this time around and tonight just shows that.

17. MattD

Unfortunately, some people’s delusions got in the way of any sense.

18. clonbhoy

I’m not saying we couldn’t have won it in the second-half, but the damage was done at the start of the game and rectified too late.

19. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

It's crazy how one game can change things.

That's not a dig at anyone, I completely relate to the emotions tonight. Sickening

20. paulo123

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Actually getting angrier as the night goes on,that * idiot had them running about like headless chickens.

No shape.
    Wrong players in wrong positions.
    Subs * and too late.
    Hes so stubborn especially this love fest for * morgan.
    Schoolboy stuff again and again from him.