1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Celtic v CFR Cluj Tues 13th Aug KO 7:45pm Live on Celtic TV including the UK and Ireland.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by stirfry999, Aug 10, 2019.

Discuss Celtic v CFR Cluj Tues 13th Aug KO 7:45pm Live on Celtic TV including the UK and Ireland. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Cringer67

Do you know what the most depressing thing about your initial comments are? Every single fan SAID as much before the * game. This isn’t a case of helloooo captain hindsight, we all called it before. I couldn’t walk more than a yard in either direction at the ground without hearing every single Celtic fan saying the same before kickoff

2. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    I
    do tbh, Europa league is our level and playing against the likes of rapid Vienna, malmo, spartak Moscow, i At least go to they games thinking if we play well tonight we could win this

Cluj and aek Athens are both bang average teams, Athens did and Cluj will get found out if they reach group stages

3. James Gold Member Gold Member

Appointing Lennon has came back to bite the boards * quicker than even I expected.

BhoysInGreen and Paradise88 like this.
  4. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

rogers done it at ipox aswell

this is obviously both managers publically pointing to the board that the squad is weak in certain areas adn that they dont like the choices the board have picked/bought for them

5. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Well it's not so much that folk are talking pish, it's disrespectful to suggest any fans opinion is pish but surely it's reasonable to ask for the favourites to be mentioned so we can see if it's true over a period of games? I mean Lenny should be heavily criticised for tonight's team sheet, tactics and sub. The sub Morgan is the only player who could possibly be singled out for 'favouritism'.

Rodgers was already on the way out, all he did was highlight how pish he was the first half of last season. There is no way Lenny was sacrificing a massive European game to send a message to the board. He made mistakes pure and simple, he's not the enemy within, that's the smsm who'll be trying to construct that kind of dramatic narrative this season. It's a sore one to take but we have to resist thinking like them.

Last edited: Aug 13, 2019
  6. Darnok

He also is prone to making weird team selections and is slow to change things when they go wrong. His appointment is the equivalent of our transfer policy: the cheap option.

DennyCelt likes this.
  7. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    No going to start slating Lennon but totally agree, moving a creative midfielder to left back where he’s proven he can’t play left back and this perseverance with Lewis Morgan who anytime he plays has offered up absolutely * all is poor management

Actually quite glad Bolingoli wasn’t playing though cause a result like tonight he would’ve be made the scapegoat

And as for broony “ * up with all the we’re absolutely delighted for KT and his great move “ and concentrate on Celtic, he was terrible tonight

8. MagicBallBhoy Gold Member Gold Member

didnt show any bravery at all tonight bottled it completely with his selection

* the team, but the board and liewall * us with the transfers and im starting to think brendan wasnt all bad

9. Cringer67

There’s an expression that goes “don’t cut off your nose to spite your face”
    If the rat, and now Lennon, did this this prove a point then it backfired spectacularly. Lawell is an accountant, and is immune to fan backlashes as they are irrelevant to him. The bottom
    Line is everything to him. And I’m speaking as an accountant myself. We as fans don’t have enough shareholder power to affect one iota of his decisions.

10. Dalbeth3

Fav Celtic Player:
    to many greats to be able to pick one
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Yes but it stays in the bank.The club knew that we were getting 25 for KT a few weeks back. They should have released money for other players b4 he was sold

11. DennyCelt Free Palestine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Shunsuke Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the People Sing
    Scott Brown should be ashamed of himself for tonight. Lennon should be ashamed of himself for tonight. The board should be ashamed of themselves for tonight. I’ve defended Celtic and the board to the hilt for the longest time, but even I agree now is the time to revolt. The board don’t match the ambition of the fans, they don’t see the potential we see, they don’t care. WE ARE BETTER THAN THIS.

BhoysInGreen and fanakatic like this.
  12. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Aye no doubt aw the * lickers will chant his name for 90 minutes while Arsenal are humpiin us 3-0, actually sick of hearing about him, still the deluded that think he was dragged oot of Celtic Park by lawell and Desmond with his Celtic scarf and rosette screaming “ I want to stay at Celtic, please don’t make me go “
    If we do draw them his only thought is “ I hope I play well and we pump them “

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

The board didn’t put McGregor at LB and make the subs tonight.

Rydo1888* and Lilac Wine like this.
  14. Cambo9191

Was ridiculed last night for suggesting Scott brown should b dropped. Shouldn’t have been anywhere near the team tonight.

BhoysInGreen and DennyCelt like this.
  15. Slater67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Hail HailLL
    Mcgregor is a top pro and a manager s dream and whatever he was told to do he would give it his best shot but I guarantee his stomach would have sunk inside when he was told he was playing left back

16. oh bhoy

Aye but they did put all the names of those who could have into a file never bother their * considering them

17. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Glad your pleased then. First half wasn’t that bad and I doubt you gave the second half a miss. We are dripping with talent we are trying to hold onto. McGregor, Ntcham, Christie and Ajer is being touted by the media now. Not ideal and we should be putting Cluj or Slavia Prague in their place every time. And as much as I’m hurting after tonight we are not destitute or heading for the poor house. The board can now put Tierney’s transfer fee in tha bank and close their ears until the next CL qualifiers.
    Overall and anyone can call this short sighted but I know there are a lot like me. If we put all our concentration on doing the 9 and then the 10, I will have a craving for something real in Europe. We go forward now into the Europa and hope we can do a job to bring us out past the Christmas holidays. This season is only beginning.

18. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    We went out at the same stage in Rodgers last CL qualifying campaign?

StPauli1916 likes this.
  19. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Absolutely no doubt about that.

It seemed fairly obvious to most here that Tierney was off, so I’m assuming the board were aware that it was extremely likely to happen.

20. ticketyboo0 Gold Member Gold Member

Didn't see the game as I was working but did see the line up prior to kick off and thought we wer playing 3 at the back. Didn't expect to read that calmac was lb!

All I could think after seeing the result was "why am I not surprised?"
    For years the board have failed to speculate to accumulate, year after year we hear the same old * and hope that next time will be different.
    Cheap board with their eyes on the prize....of a good balance sheet and return for investors, not to mention a nice big juicy bonus for the head honchos!

It ain't changing either so get used to it guys!