1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Neil Lennon

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by romeo9535, Apr 17, 2016.

Discuss Neil Lennon in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    He's basically just said it's * us for what we wanted to bring in for the rest of the window..

2. MattD

Aye right, we said that after the Ibrox embarrassment...

Simple fact is he’s nowhere near a good enough manager. Of all the managers in world football, he’s a mere footnote. Lennon role just now is to be a mere caretaker. If he even allows Gerrard a chance at letting Rangers win the league, he should be booted out at the end of the season.

And Celtic aspire to bigger things - time to look abroad for a progressive forward thinking manager. But I don’t know, some fans here are so parochial minded and scared of foreign managers with attitudes not much different from the most fervent Tory voting xenophobic Brexiteers. * that and open your mind up. It’s time Celtic were a global club and started broadening it’s mindset, instead of pathetic reactionary appointments such as Neil Lennon.

DoTheBroony likes this.
  3. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Imagine not interviewing or even considering anyone else.

4. Ciaran_67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jan Venegoor of Hessilink
    Where are the Neil Lennon happy clappers who said that “PSG would never score 5 goals against us at CP under Lennon”?

Welcome to the absolute mediocrity which myself and many others expected. He should never have got the job with the amount of poor performances at the end of last year including the Huns.

MattD likes this.
  5. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FOLLOWING tonight’s 4-3 defeat to CFR Cluj in the third qualifying round of the UEFA Champions League, Neil Lennon rued a disappointing first-half performance. The Romanian champions progressed 5-4 on aggregate, and the manager said he and players must take collective responsibility.

“In the first half we were so passive,” said the manager after the game. “We weren’t physical enough, and all the nuts and bolts of the game weren’t there. We got a warning beforehand and then lost the goal when we did the exact same thing again.

“After half-time, we got the right response, but we shot ourselves in the foot with the goals we conceded. We had the lead twice and threw it away.”

The manager said he and his players have only themselves to blame, and that exiting the Champions League at this stage is a huge disappointment they all must shoulder. From here, Neil Lennon stressed the importance of taking stock before focusing on Europa League qualification, as well as League Cup duties this weekend.

He added: “We need to be more ruthless at times. We’ve only ourselves to blame. It’s hugely disappointing for us all. We’re going to have to accept the criticism that comes our way. We need to regroup and make sure we qualify for the Europa League.

“We all wanted Champions League football and we’ve only ourselves to blame for not getting that. We’ve been loose, and in the important moments of the game, we switched off. The players are bitterly disappointed, and we accept blame as a collective.”

6. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

Brilliantly put. Absolutely spot on.

DonnyCelt likes this.
  7. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    I've already said why he didn't get more game time after Rennes. And the RB was thown in bcause there are no alternatives there. There are CB options. Plus you don't know playing Julien would have made a blind bit of difference tonight, Jozo wasn't the main problem. I've already said McGregor at left back was a mistake.

8. Damnati

Can't believe he hasn't admitted that his tactics were all wrong. He should have come out and accepted responsibility. It was clear that we were panicking on the pitch and off it. The performance was terrible and the comments afterward are concerning. Awful night.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. Darnok

Maybe no-one else wanted it. Selling your best players every year, not reinvesting the money, and expectant fans all while playing in a backwater domestic league. Hardly sells itself.

10. Pogues

But he did manage to turnaround the game.

Came down to two shocking mistakes tonight which a manager can't legislate for. Much of our play 2nd half was very good but brain farts from brown and brain cost us.

11. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

Difficult to know if nobody wanted it when you don't even consider the option of other candidates.

12. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Don't know why he's banging on about the first half..

We conceded 3 in the second..

13. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    If Lenny canny see his mistakes, he won't be in the job much longer.

The Legend Of Lubo likes this.
  14. paulie walnuts Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Just cant get enough
    What about our first half performance?
    Completely unacceptable. No motivation whatsoever.

15. DoTheBroony

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kristoffer Ajer
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Roll of Honour, BBB
    Really depressing time to be a Celtic supporter. * :42:

The Legend Of Lubo likes this.
  16. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    His treatment of Shved and Sinclair for me is unreal!

We will have to put up with Morgan constantly this season ahead * me

pop47 likes this.
  17. andybhoy94 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll never walk alone
    Dunno what he's talking about being more ruthless for the attack scored 3 goals in a home european game and played lovely stuff at times, the problem is the other end or is his plan just to score 5 every single game and * the defence.

18. Garrymac1888 Gold Member Gold Member

I never thought I would see such blatant stupidity in anyone playing Calum McGregor at left back again, I was wrong.

* desperate and the decisions made during it was gut wrenching bad.

19. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    We are going around in cycles here, no point in replying after this.

Chris has plenty of time here to get more game time, Lennon’s fault for not picking him and it’s backfired.

Playing Cal mac at left back and no Boli backfired, can’t sue the excuses about formation or pre season either.

Why sign a 7 million pound player knowing he wouldn’t make a difference tonight? Mental absolute mental logic. Not playing him showed it did make a difference

Again I’m not going to keep going backwards and forwards. This will be my last reply to the matter.

20. Keano88

They won’t because we’re not going to be in CL.

:fear:

MattD and Ciaran_67 like this.