1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

How Do We Approach Our Summer Business?

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by Liam Scales, Jun 1, 2019.

Discuss How Do We Approach Our Summer Business? in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    Fkn * hour again.

KT money will cover a CL failure, I think the board will * it to spend money looking at the draw, for me we have a slim chance and they'll take the usual route.

Bad day all round, loose one of our best players, NL comments on Sinclair look stupid now and we have a guy earning possibly £2m to be with the stiffs and to rub salt the smellies qualify for next round.

2. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    After the KT transfer it’s really like a massive kick in the baws.

I don’t know what it is, but with this transfer I’ve got a really bad feeling for the coming season.

I don’t know what it is but something in my gut is telling me that the powers at be are going to * the 9 never mind the 10.

I hope, no I pray that Lennon gets the bulk of that money to improve the side with the quality that we need to win the league and get into the champs in league but sadly going with history I don’t see it happening.

Feel * sick, I really did think KT was going to be our next captain.

3. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    You’ve got the * cheek to say I’m at the wind up, go read Tierney’s interview he wanted away. And what evidence do you have for us spending what you claimed and only getting loans. Oh that’s right you just love being a negative * about Celtic.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  4. jocksteinupper

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willy Maley
    I've yet to hear one, just one, good reason why we continously gamble year upon * year on CL with that jackpot at the end. Just doesn't make sense!! We're in as a strong a position as we ever have been. Interesting couple of weeks coming up.

5. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I'll be glad to be wrong, but we stalled in this window so far and now * are saying we were waiting for Tiereney sale, why? We have money in the bank to go buy players so that excuse is out the window, now he has been sold it's the story Lennon will get a portion. A portion? so if we never sold Tierney our business was done?

It's the same crap every transfer window for the past few years. Maybe I will be wrong this window and I hope to * I am! But these past years the board have been ripping the * out of it.

Bertie Cauld likes this.
  6. Callum McGregor The Captain Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubomir Moravcik
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    I reckon we'd have still signed more players even if we hadn't sold Tierney. Though his fee should give us some more leeway in the market. Time is ticking quickly now, so the club need to get a move on.

7. celticfan01

Fav Celtic Player:
    Emilio Izaguirre
    Fav Celtic Song:
    all of them
    Meling 3m
    Baldock 2.5m
    Elyounoussi 6m

Still feel like we need a goalkeeper that we can trust in Europe, but it's never going to be high priority right now.

8. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Are you serious? We broke our own transfer record for Edouard plus before KT being sold had an outlay of around £12 million in fees. Yes key positions need sorted but we really needed rid of some amount of * we had, the board will back Lennon imo because the other option is unthinkable.

StPauli1916 likes this.
  9. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye of the 13 players to go 7 of them offered fuckall and the thing is there is still another 5 I would get rid of on loan or perm

Kouassi
    Hendry
    Morgan
    Miller
    Ralston

Bertie Cauld, jude 67 and Gyp Rosetti like this.
  10. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Aye I'm starting to agree with this.

celticfan01 likes this.
  11. Murph-E

Lennon and the board should be * buzzing to spend this money. I don't want to hear how "difficult the market is" or hear them acting like everything is a massive struggle and a burden. We've just been given an extra £25million. Splash out on some exciting signings.

12. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Thing is we can use this sale as a carrot to get players, no longer do we sell to Southampton, the big boys come for our players now. That's bound to attract others.

13. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Exactly.

Celtic have spent £11.6m so far on 3 first team players. That’s our “normal” summer spend but we have had 13 players go out the door now of that 13 (7 offered * all) but they where still available should they ever have been needed. If you can loan/sell/release the 5 I mention above that’s 18 away and the squad is trimmed add the 5 back in Lenny wants and you have

GK: Bain, Gordan
    RB: Elhamed, New Right back
    LB: Bolingoli, New left back
    CB: Julien, Ajer, Jozo, Bitton
    RW: Forrest, Shved, Hayes, New RW
    LW: Johnston, Sinclair, Arzani, New LW
    No10: Christie, Rogic
    CM: Brown, Ntcham, McGregor
    CF: Edouard, Bayo, Griffiths, Loan ST

That’s 25 outfield players and 2 Gk and some youths; Dembele, Connell, Oko-Flex and Henderson propping that up!

But I would rather sacrifice the 2 wide men to get another CB And CM in or splash out on another CB and move Bitton back to CM

Bertie Cauld, Gyp Rosetti and Murph-E like this.
  14. Cringer67

if we are looking at any positives from yesterday then ,yes, this is one. Players will know that if they come to us and perform they can reach the top. if we can get 2 /3 season out of top players then thats as good as it gets now if we are being honest

15. kyndig

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura
    I hope they do, but you can't blame anyone for being skeptical given recent windows, yes the unconfirmed price for Edouard was high, but more likely was with a bunch of conditional add-ons amounting to the price, the McGinn fiasco was a joke, Rodgers and Congerton are partly to blame for the shamblolic transfer windows of late. I just hope to * we sort the it out and start properly scouting and securing players.

16. freitassen

Something people might have forgotten: on the top of the disappointment with losing the best product of our academy in a long time, in one of the hardest positions to replace, for a cut price value: all the deadwood is still here

We could easily get rid of a dozen of players. With the english market closed we have seriously no chance of getting any money for players like Hendry, Eboue, Ralston, Morgan etc. The only alternative will be loaning to SPFL clubs with us paying most of their wages. The entire Sinclair situation was another ridiculous act by our "pennywise" board.

17. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    How is LB that hardest position to fill, lol.

Ffs, we've had a wad of players who have been even better at their peak in a Celtic shirt, discount some like Camara, but hardly a disaster.

18. Random Review

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky (ever) Lubo (modern era), KT (current)
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    I've been racking my brains; but I can't think of a way to blame Congerton for KT.

Would genuinely make me feel better if I had someone to blame. Funny how the mind works.

Liam Scales likes this.
  19. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    Rodgers mismanagement of him and his body breaking down last year as a result could have him realising it’s a short career and maybe he’s not at the best place to look after him....

freitassen and Random Review like this.
  20. TheHappyLoss

Do you ever feel cheated ?