1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Kieran Tierney

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Mr. Slippyfist, Aug 1, 2015.

Discuss Kieran Tierney in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    More Disappointed wa him leaving than anger , i dont deny how much of a fan he is , but absolute silence from him has me thinking he wants to go , as none of this talk the board pushing him out etc ...

Wish him well , but as above disappointed as if he stayed for the Ten , he would be up there with Brown , Forrest (more so than others) then McGregor, Griffiths , Ajer , Rogic as ones who were if not all then the majority of the 10 as proper folklore , the fact hes left discredits that for me wa him IMO

Artorias likes this.
  2. CH4 Gold Member Gold Member

Players come and go it’s going to be like that every year the wee man done a great job at Celtic

thanks for the memories KT and good luck in your new adventure

3. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

People will think you’re a * with that sort of comment mate. The spelling won’t help either.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  4. Jeremie Frimpong

I've already come to terms with this. Good luck to him.

The most important matter now is how we come out of this transfer window stronger.

Xatraps and Moore like this.
  5. Jo-Jo-Buffon

Fav Celtic Player:
    Boruc
    Fav Celtic Song:
    walk alone on a champs league night
    Still 1% of me thinks/Hope's he fails his medical , but dont see it , imo his minds made up

Paully1888 likes this.
  6. Leone Naka Fan

Fav Celtic Player:
    Nakamura, Moravčik, Petrov, Ki
    Fav Celtic Song:
    You'll Never Walk Alone
    Fortunately for us, his mind isn't the deciding factor on whether he passes his medical or not. I think there's a non-trivial chance of him failing it.

7. Jeremie Frimpong

I'm not sure how I'd feel about him staying now, mate. If he doesn't want to be here, it's best probably best for everyone involved that he moves on. We've a big season ahead of us, and we could do without distractions.

Nicole likes this.
  8. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Good inside info. I’ll be sure to pass that on.:50:

9. stevenmitsy1

As much as i dont agree with some of the colourful language , lots of us are in agreement with his sentiments ..He could have stayed for 10 if it meant anything to him which it didnt..He earns a fortune ,that we all could only dream off,playing for a club that he said he loves.. Celtic made him famous and a millionaire ..We owe him nothing ..Why would anyone care how he does in England ? Thankyou for the service when you played for us but more importantly than wishing him goodluck etc is who is going to replace him ?

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2019
  10. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Over the years he has done that & will continue to.

Last edited: Aug 8, 2019
  11. Moore Brendan Rodgers OUT Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    CalMac
    Fav Celtic Song:
    JCGE + Grace + YNWA
    100% mate, not thinking about a failed medical or anything or clutching at straws. KT no longer plays with us and we are now £25 Million richer. I wish him all the best!!
    We seriously need a LB, and a few other additions to strengthen the squad. Lets get at it right away,English market closes tonight so we wont have challenges from the money makers.

Jeremie Frimpong likes this.
  12. Spring Time Gold Member Gold Member

Mods, some of posts / replies are getting mixed up.

13. honda Gold Member Gold Member

Wonder what his arsenal interview will be like? "Always been a fan, used to travel down with mates and sit with arsefamtv everywhere, Terry onetree was my idol"

14. horseshoe

So what are you saying, KT has only been pretending to be a celtic fan his whole life to engineer a move to a bigger league, * bond villain masterplan since he joined the club at what 10 years old? * up.

CH4, merthyn, StPauli1916 and 3 others like this.
  15. King of Kings

Fav Celtic Player:
    boruc
    Gutted that he’s leaving, but I do think some perspective is needed.

When he says he’s a fan I believe him 100%, but being a fan is a relative thing. At one end you could have someone saying they would play for Celtic for free, at the other end you’ve got someone who has a mild appreciation for the club. Tierney for me falls closer to the former, but he also has a level of ambition that propelled him to be the player he is now.

People will say, ‘well he made a * load of cash plying here anyway’ and it’s true....to an extent. Relative to most (probably everyone) here he’s a rich guy, but make no mistake, earning £20k per week isn’t “* off” money. A wealthy guy no doubt, but there will be plenty of business owners, executives etc in Glasgow alone that would make considerably more. It isn’t even the immediate uplift to £75k that makes the most significant impact imo - it’s the potential uplift from there. Succeed at Arsenal and you could easily double that with them or with someone else. Fail there? You’re still likely to be an attractive option for a mid table EPL side, and your wages aren’t likely to be reduced significantly if at all. When you factor that in, alongside sponsorship, how much playing in a high profile league can enhance your reputation etc, it’s going to make an 8-figure difference to his career earnings, easily. There’s a handful of sportsmen on the planet for which that money wouldn’t have a material impact on their standard of living, and Tierney isn’t one of them.

With that said, it still stings a lot. I completely understand people being a bit * given the way the window has unfolded. It will be an unpopular opinion here, but losing Tierney will make a significant impact on the title race this year.

Rydo1888*, JML67, lazyregula and 4 others like this.
  16. Paully1888

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson
    * me the hate on here is embarrassing

Nasser, Rydo1888*, lazyregula and 4 others like this.
  17. stevenmitsy1

You bring abit of perspective to the argument tbh..But like you explain , it comes down to cash ..I was thinking , couldnt he wait for 2 years until 10 then go as hes still pretty young and would still earn fortunes..I think its his timing that has the majority of fans angered

King of Kings likes this.
  18. Marty McFly Whoa, this is heavy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    As @King of Kings says, and it's pretty much the jist of this whole saga..

It's all relative

King of Kings likes this.
  19. Saul Goodman Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Brown
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    What time is the deadline?

20. Al Bootyerbaws

The majority of fans on here don't seem angered at all most have wished him well. We just need a decent replacement now that's the worry.