1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo

Discussion in 'Ex Players' started by Keano88, Jul 3, 2019.

Discuss Boli Bolingoli-Mbombo in the Ex Players area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. FrankMcCallum Gold Member Gold Member

Think he looks good to be honest. Surprised at the amount of grief he’s getting.

I mean admittedly he looks more of a left mid than a left back but we’ll coach that in to him. Remember the state of Wanyama or Forster for example when they arrived? We brought them on ten fold within 6 months.

Remember as well that just because he’s that far up the park, it doesn’t necessarily mean he’s out of position. Tierney has been that far advanced in the last few years. It’s the holding midfielders job to cover the full back as well.

2. dbhoy72

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley
    You talking Izzy of recent times, remember how old he is, because if you mean at the start your way off. Izzy was incredible in his first couple of seasons, best LB I've saw at Parkhead reaching those high levels during that period.

I didn't see the game last night apart from final 15 mins, I was dubious about his defensive side, but he seems to have good footwork, did brilliantly in the lead up to the nice play near end with Morgan and Christie.

Paul67 likes this.
  3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Neil Lennon believes Boli Bolingoli showed his potential in Estonia but insists he will sign another left back if Kieran Tierney leaves.

Despite the latest reports that Tierney’s transfer is all but sealed, Record Sport understands there has been no movement in the deal with Arsenal.

But Lennon will use a slice of the proposed fee to land a second left-sided full-back if he does go.

He has already snapped up Bolingoli but the Belgian full-back has had big boots to fill with fans judging the former Rapid Vienna star as the 
replacement for Tierney.

Lennon believes Bolingoli showed up well against Nomme Kalju on Tuesday after he had been forced off with illness in the first leg at Parkhead.

The Hoops gaffer said: “He was good in Tallinn. Boli was a lot stronger. He looked really off it last week and I don’t know whether that was down to the virus or not.

“He was more like himself offensively and defensively. His fitness levels were good and it was a much more rounded performance from him.

“We’re only talking a couple of weeks in a new country and people are expecting them to hit the ground running.

“But the more games he gets under his belt, the more au fait he gets with life and the training, the better he will get.”

Asked if he would be Tierney’s ready-made replacement, Lennon said: “Yes but we would look to bring another one in as well if KT goes.”

tarboltontim likes this.
  4. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    So if Tierney goes he becomes 1st choice and we spend money on back up

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Aye by looks of it.

That’s probably been plan since last season punt KT and Get Bolingoli in and keep Izzy as back up!

What will happen.

We will punt KT bank the £25m sign absolutely no * and use Hayes as back up

6. barry1916

Fav Celtic Player:
    Neil Lennon
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Willie Maley Song
    I have to say I'm not too impressed by this guy so far. His first touch isn't great. His passing, even short passes, are wayward. Constantly out of position- I saw Broony playing left-back at time to cover Boli when he was caught out on the counter. He's not exactly what I was expecting I suppose.

Having said that, those four matches (two of which he came off injured), were difficult ones to come into for a new player when its pre-season. He is very quick, and loves to get forward and throw crosses in.

I'm also optimistic due to the comments the rapid manager made after his departure "he will be incredibly difficult to replace" etc. Clearly he was well thought of at a decent club.

Overall, I feel that Boli will be an exciting player, if not a frustrating player to watch.

7. Dublin Celt

Fav Celtic Player:
    Barry Coffey
    I felt defensively he is all over the shop at times. I never seen him play before but he looks like a player who was given free reign at lwb at his last club and he looks to really enjoy getting past the lw. technically I think he is good and in the first half the other night I was impressed with him at times. You would hope 10/15 spl games and you can see him play a bit more conservatively and be better aware of his defensive positioning. I think if he settles and he improves his defensive positioning he could be a player

Sent from my VTR-L09 using Tapatalk

8. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    The worry for me would be if he wasn't getting coached properly and given the right instructions on exactly what his job is, would like to think he will learn and improve.

9. Crilly

Think he looks good tbh. Think some people are expecting someone in the mould of Marcelo to come in ffs. He’s an attacking full back wing back. That’s how he plays. He plays his role well I think. Time will tell still early days

SCOTTYBHOY_67 and Tommy25 like this.
  10. James Gold Member Gold Member

I think he looks * and have no idea what everyone else is watching

Gully Sands likes this.
  11. northeast67

This guy is a good player, the problem is we are comparing with tinted glasses, have to remember that as good as KT is he still has the odd defensive error in him.
    Think with a bit of defensive coaching from Lenny Boli will be a good player, he needs to harding up a bit though.

12. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    As i've said earlier in the thread i like the look of him, he had some excellent attacking play against Sarajevo and probably would have been in my top 3 for motm had he not made that mistake. Didn't really do anything wrong against Kalju away but i agree with people complaining about his positioning, he will get caught out a lot playing like that. I still expect us to sign another LB that will properly compete with him if tierney goes rather than a full on back-up.

13. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

That says more about Broony than it does about Boli.

He’s always filling in at the back where he needs to. Players will have to do that throughout the game, you can’t expect an attacking fullback to be in position for every attack, especially counter attacks... that’s why it’s a counter attack.

14. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    I agree with you if he is to become our first choice left back I * give up would not have him as back up never mind first choice

15. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The guy is lukakus cousin surely theirs a bit of steel in their somewhere

16. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    And I bet you haven't even watched full 90 with the guy playing pure pish statement to make

HTG likes this.
  17. MacEwan Himmy Butler Gold Member

Hahahahahahahahaha

18. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    This place is hilarious at times :56:

MacEwan likes this.
  19. stirfry999

Fav Celtic Player:
    Hatate oreily kyogo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    y n w a
    I will stick by my statement couple of months into the season you will be screaming g for his head

20. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Just in the * door.

Played a couple of games.

Oh I know let’s judge him on a few games.