1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

John Park

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by holy pope, Oct 28, 2010.

Discuss John Park in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StevieBhoooy!

2. Murph-E

I pay handsomely for the privilege of being humiliated by large, strong women every Friday evening of my life. Even that doesn't come close to the humiliation I feel of being trumped to this signing by Falkirk FC.

3. Twisty Rodgers out !!! Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Excellent move for them. Strange for him though.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  4. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Bizzare..

Reportedly rejected us to go to Sunderland. Then supposedly working for Tel Aviv..

Now he's landed in the Scottish league 1 at a club who've had a disastrous year and ripped their whole academy apart..

5. HTG "I have an uncle who does Yoga"

Fav Celtic Player:
    CCV
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let the people sing
    That's an incredible coup for Falkirk, no idea what park is doing there mind you, even if they're getting investment.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  6. Pablo87 Gold Member Gold Member

Ok I will ask.....

What do you do on a Friday night? :39:

7. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    John Park has a good and successful name in media circles. He has no problem walking into jobs and on paper seems a very good asset. So why to * doesn’t he hold down a role for a good bit and seems a bit of a gypsy. Even looks he’s going down the greasy pole instead of climbing. I know new management like their own way of doing things but Falkirk? It couldn’t be his first choice.

8. Fontaine Gold Member Gold Member

Tell me this isn't because theyre about to have a multi-million pound take over? Bizarre, but maybe he just fancies a different type of challenge - like building an academy from the ground up?

Last edited: Jul 27, 2019
    Lilac Wine likes this.
  9. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

I think the issue here is there’s assumptions we or anyone else wanted him.

Good talent spotter or not.

10. littlekennie

Fav Celtic Player:
    nakamura
    Fav Celtic Song:
    four leaf clover
    The guy that's taking over Falkirk said in his statement Sunderland turnover 160 million were did he take those accounts from... When they were in the epl...

Sent from my AUM-L29 using Tapatalk

11. saltire78

None of us know the terms he's been offered, or what this guys plans are for Falkirk. Remember when Walker took over Blackburn, when they were in the wilderness... fact is that at the moment we have a board that's at best reticent to push it's advantage and a sevco that's a rolling *-show... maybe they have visions of usurping Scottish football? Maybe they think they can get to number 2 on reasonably little money, and so access Europa money? There's a good venture capitalists option in the SPL for someone who knows what they're doing and is shrewd, compared to cuckoo bananas down south

Lilac Wine and Murph-E like this.
  12. Lilac Wine

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    It does sound like it's an optimistic long term plan they're about to embark on and that would be a very good reason for someone with ambition, it's quite a challenge and I'm sure he'll have been offered to play a big part in the vision.

13. CountyDownFaithful

Agree - he’s probably tired of being a just a scout and is looking for a bigger challenge with more responsibility and influence.

Lilac Wine likes this.
  14. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    was Park * off by Lawwell or the rat when he came in? Or was it around the Ronny time?

15. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    Maybe he’s just a hun.

Artorias likes this.
  16. avitar Gold Member Gold Member

people forget the number of duds we signed when park was here last. there were almost celebrations when he went

my fav duds
    Juarez
    Bangura
    Brozek
    Gershon
    Boerrigter
    Friojonsson
    Mouyokolo
    Balde
    Pukki

Sonic Reducer likes this.
  17. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Summary of what those players have went in to achieve lol. Quiet Saturday :giggle1:

Graeme1888 likes this.
  18. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FORMER Celtic chief scout John Park has stepped back from the Falkirk buyout — while preferred bidder Mark Campbell proves he’s got the cash to take over.

Park who brought the likes of Virgil van Dijk and Victor Wanyama to the Hoops, was last week announced by the Bairns board as being earmarked for a director of football role within a Campbell-led regime.

Campbell claimed he’d make a seven-figure cash injection as part of a plan to return Falkirk to the Premiership.

Bairns chiefs stated Park would be given the funds to source the right talent to enhance the playing squad and football structure and bring back the academy which was scrapped in 2017.

But SunSport understands Park has made it clear he will not be involved until directors are satisfied and a concrete deal is in place with all parties.

Campbell said: “When I was introduced to Falkirk I saw huge potential and an opportunity to achieve something special.

It has a large and loyal fanbase and I want to work with these fans and staff to make Falkirk everything it should be.”

The Bairns statement on Campbell said: “His bid was one of three considered by the board and major shareholders who have recommended unanimously he should be the preferred bidder, entering a period of due diligence and negotiation, with a view to completing the purchase of the club by the end of August.”

19. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FORMER Celtic superscout John Park has been appointed as Head of International Recruitment for Polish giants Legia Warsaw.

The experienced talent spotter has been credited with uncovering the likes of Virgil van Dijk for Celtic during his nine year spell at Parkhead and he was linked with a return to the club last year.

But he's taken up a new role at the Polish champions and Park, who also worked for Hibs. Motherwell and Hamilton Accies, admits he can't wait to get started.

He said: "I am delighted to be joining Legia Warsaw and I'm looking forward to the challenges in the upcoming months.

"I've had many discussions with the president and the club's coaching staff and, having spoken to them, it was an easy decision to join.

"I know that the club and all the people working there have high expectations and ambitions. The obvious goal beyond winning the national trophies is to qualify for the group stage of the European competitions and I hope that with my knowledge and previous experience in this field, I will be able to contribute to that.

"I have been looking for a suitable project for several months and I'd been doing various advisory roles in the meantime, until I decided it was the right time to work for one club.

I had some interesting job offers elsewhere, but after visiting Legia Training Centre in December, meeting the people working there, valuable meetings at the wonderful Legia stadium, I just felt it was the right choice.

"The challenges posed, Legia's infrastructure, fantastic fans, the city itself and the owner's ambitions, mean that, in my opinion, we have great opportunities to bring international talents to the club, both to the first team and youth teams."

Legia Warsaw owner and president, Dariusz Mioduski, said: "John Park is a well-known and respected name in the football world, which is primarily based on many years of experience, knowledge and a great passion for football.

"We spent a lot of time talking about Legia, our goals and challenges and I believe John will be a significant addition to our sports division.
    "We have supplemented our coaching team with a strong leader."

20. NomDePlum

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Fields of Athenry
    Feels like an opportunity lost. Surprised he was even available.