1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

I Love You, Now Die

Discussion in 'TC Media' started by Valhalla, Jul 16, 2019.

Discuss I Love You, Now Die in the TC Media area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony

Documentary about the girl who ‘drove’ her boyfriend to suicide.

I remember at the time of it the media were reporting like the boy was some sort of quiet guy who she basically made kill himself. She was some sort of calculated evil witch.

After watching the documentary I actually felt sorry for her in some parts. She was clearly off her * nut, as was the boyfriend and the messages between both of them show how * up a relationship it was. His family was toxic and absuive to each other and he had attempted suicide several times while they seemed to be acting completely unaware he was suicidal when he killed himself.

Far more complicated than the media made out.

2. clonbhoy

I’m not sure about this being made into a ‘documentary’( I’m not sure I would even call it that, more macabre reality television).

Both families have been through enough without putting themselves in front of the world to be judged.

3. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Not like that at all.

More a look at modern day social and mental health in one of the most confusing/controversial trials in modern day America.

Girls family don’t have anything to do with it and the boys mum says she can’t really blame the girl because of the problems she’s got.

4. clonbhoy

Certainly not how that trailer comes across.

5. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky
    Watched this last night, a tale of mental illness, social media and a lack of understanding from parents, i really felt for the young guy who had his whole life ahead of him.

Very much a case of the blind leading the blind, a toxic relationship by text, i felt the onus was on the parents to know what was happening with their kids.

The girl craved attention, this was an opportunity for her to finally get it, that was the motive for her part in his death imo.

6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The thing I found weird is, they seemed to rubbish everything the girl said in text messages apart from when it was about the boys suicide.

Like she basically got convicted because she text a pal a few months later saying she told him to get back in on the phone. But she also told the same girl before that the boy had raped her.

I think it was just two people absolutely off their nut and it was always going to happen somehow.

When they were texting about the devil coming and talking to them and it was fate and *... the girl shouldn’t be in jail for me, she should be in a mental hospital for good.

7. The Prof Administrator Administrator

Fav Celtic Player:
    Jinky

The defence wheeled oot a doctor who tried to make the case that she wasn't thinking straight because of the medication she was on, but this didn't cut the mustard because there was evidence that she clearly knew what she was doing.

This was proved to be the case when she did the dummy run of telling others that he had taken his life when he hadn't, just to test their reaction, that shows that she was thinking very clearly and also how devious she was.

I think she showed signs of having munchausen by proxy, this was evident when she arranged a sports day in his name, but it all had to be on her terms and all about her.

No doubt she wasn't the full bhuna, but i think a jail term was the right decision, she could've prevented his death but instead she encouraged him, it may have been the case that he would've eventually taken his life anyway, but that wasn't the point in this case.

8. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    The judge though said she wasn’t guilty until she told her friend that he got out of the car, then she told him to get back in.

The whole trial seemed to be about how untrustworthy she was, how she constantly lied and tried to manipulate people and lived in a complete fantasy world.

The both of them needed sectioned. It just happened to be that they somehow ended up meeting through his auntie and then seemed to make each other worse. The both of them thrived on * like threatening suicide.

To then suddenly say but we 100% believe this one thing she text a few months later to a girl that she was desperate to try and be friends with doesn’t sit right with me.

I’m not saying what she done/said she done isn’t completely sick or wrong, but I felt uneasy that someone who’s clearly off their rocker can suddenly become this reliable, honest, trustworthy person for one text basically, out of thousands. Especially after the whole trial was spent showing how much of a fantasy she lived in through text messages.

If you’re going to send her jail based off of one text telling her pal she told him to get back, then you have to ask did the boy rape her. Which then opens up a whole different argument for me.