1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

La Liga 2019-20

Discussion in 'World Football' started by StPauli1916, Jul 1, 2019.

Discuss La Liga 2019-20 in the World Football area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Early Odds

Barca 8-11 (57.89%)
    Real Madrid 7-4 (36.36%)
    Ath Madrid 33-1 ( 2.94%)

2. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
    Top 4 Odds

Barca 1-50 (98.04%)
    Real Madrid 1-25 (96.15%)
    Ath Madrid 1-4 (80.00%)
    Valencia 6-4 ( 40.00%)
    Seville 5-2 (28.57%)
    Ath Bilbao 6-1 ( 14.29%)
    Betis 14-1 ( 6.67%)
    Espanyol 16-1 ( 5.88%)
    Getafe 16-1 (5.88%)
    Real Sociedad 20-1 (4.76%)
    Villarreal 50-1 (1.96%)
    Eibar 66-1 (1.49%)

100-1 Bar

3. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

FORMER Celtic backroom staff member Gregory Dupont has been appointed as Real Madrid’s head of performance.

Dupont – an ex-journeyman player with the likes of Amiens and Dieppe – spent two years at Parkhead after being appointed head of sport science in 2007.

The ex-Hoops man then held roles with Lille and the French national team.

Dupont was widely credited with being the fitness and performance guru behind the success of Didier Deschamps’ France as they won the World Cup last year.

But he’s now been headhunted by Zinedine Zidane and has moved to the Spanish giants.

Zidane pinpointed fitness as a major weak spot in Real’s woeful season last term and has persuaded the 46-year-old to move to the Bernabeu having been impressed with his methods with Les Bleus.

Dupont’s research has been so detailed that each of the France players received a 14-page document about their own personal fitness regime ahead of their pre-World Cup training camp.

He even decided the temperature of the drinking water given to France’s players on the day of a game, based on the exact conditions of the stadium where they were playing.

The fitness guru demanded the players got ten hours sleep a night and personally customised each member of the squad’s pillows.

And after France stormed to glory in Russia, Dupont said his time in Scotland helped shape his career.

He said: “I use scientific analysis of players’ performances, by measuring their high-intensity sprints and assessing their movements.

“I owe my data approach to my time in Glasgow with Celtic.

Back then, British teams had a broader vision of the job, which included dietary requirements, injury prevention, analysis and science.

“When I returned to Lille after Celtic, I set up a performance department on the same principles I learned in Glasgow.

I took what I learned in Scotland and did my own research too.

“My role is to sort through the thousands of data collected via GPS systems and transmit the most relevant information to the coach for training or matches.

I have to maximise the physical level of the player while preventing the risk or recurrence of injuries and optimising recovery.

“My daily job is to manage this balance.”

4. StPauli1916 Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Oliver Tebilly
    Fav Celtic Song:
    George and Pop
  5. Murph-E

Barca finally get Greizzmann in the end, €120mil but Atletico appealing and want his €200mil release paid in full. Near €250mil Barca have spent this summer, Real €300mil and Atletico €200mil. Madness that's not even considered that odd anymore.

6. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    How do the buyout clauses work?

They don't seem like they should be legal in football. I think the law exists so that workers can buy out their own contracts but how can like Barcelona give him money to buy out the contract or is it a gentlemans agreement that if another club pays the same amount they just take it?

Like what would stop PSG's rich arabs from buying out players contracts and signing them on "free transfers" and getting round financial fair play?

7. Liam Scales Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony, YNWA, Grace
    This * is an absolute genius and I wish we had him for longer than we did. We should have had a sports science legacy built around the *

8. Henrik 07 Gold Member Gold Member

Not too late to bring him back.:56:

Liam Scales likes this.
  9. Zander Gold Member Gold Member

Isn't it just a transfer fee? There is a minimum release clause that was triggered by Barca and Atletico have to accept. Atleast that's what my understanding is.

10. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
  11. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I don't think so.

It's Spanish law that anyone can buy out their own contracts in any job, thats how everyone there has one. I think thats why they have to turn up to some government building and pay the money.

But it could be that if it's inevitable that its going to happen they just allow the club the player is going to to give the club the money and let them go. But Griezmann and I think Neymar neither club wanted to let them go so I think they had to buy out their own contracts.

12. FCBarca

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henke
    It's fairly straightforward in that either the buying club pays the fee or some mutually agreed amount to release them or the player themselves (Even if funded by the buying club) pays the buyout fee in full at the league headquarters. This was done not only for Griezmann but a variety of players from Lucas, Javi Martinez & Neymar to Rodri who just went to City.

The issue Atletico/Cerezo have is that Barcelona waited for the buyout to drop from 200 to 120 on July 1, a buyout that was only recently enacted after the player's renewal last summer when his buyout also dropped to 100 million on July 1 - prior to the now infamous La decision documentary he filmed with Pique, only to renew. It's much ado about nothing IMHO, Atletico are aggrieved because they believe negotiations began during a key stretch of their season but conveniently overlooking the fact that the player renewed last summer when he could have gone for 100 million (And would've only received 80M since 20% goes to La Real). Griezmann & his agent also claim they were given assurances they could leave amicably should the team not meet expectations

So, we'll see

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    So * glad to see griezmann at Barcelona.

Some attack they have again and should be a delight to watch.

Neymar to go back? Who knows, guys a *, but surely they cant keep Messi, Suarez, griezmann and Neymar all happy. And you can't see Messi or Suarez leaving.
    Let alone the rest.

Sent from my F8331 using Tapatalk

14. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Might seem mental as he's a good player and done a lot but I feel Griezmann is overrated..

Rydo1888*, Gyp Rosetti and Maestro 08 like this.
  15. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Agree.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  16. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    They needed to sort that * defence out before they signed him, that imo is what’s cost them winning more Champions Leagues.

McChiellini.. likes this.
  17. packybhoy Administrator Administrator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Danny McGrain
    Remember only a few years ago how we laughed at Messi’s buy out clause was like £150m and it was to ensure nobody could buy him. The football world is absolutely vile and the market place has to be awash with laundered money and criminal assets. Not a chance this is all good clean honest money. I won’t be convinced otherwise.

18. ILoveTheCeltic

Fav Celtic Player:
    Kieran Tierney
    I don't think their defence is that bad it's more their midfield have no mobility, Busquets is top drawer probably still the best in his position around but he's not that mobile, Rakitic gets around ok but isn't really quick. Arthur canny run, Vidal is a bit old now and not got the energy he had at his peak, Coutinho and Messi don't do much to defend and they have added De Jong also who isn't really going to help them defensively.

Peak Barca was probably when they had Toure and Keita and in big games they'd play both and move Iniesta to the left wing, both them had good legs and could do a defensive job. Recently their defence just gets left exposed even though individually Pique, Umtiti, Lenglet and Alba are all good and even Roberto/Semedo aren't too bad.

They lack midfielders who can shut down and catch people when they are countered or who mop up breakaways well, guys like Kante, Fernandinho(at his best), Fabinho theres not many of them about.

Griezmann wil help them a bit as he's a hard working player and he does shut people down and put in a good amount of running especially compared to Coutinho and Dembele.

19. McChiellini..

Fav Celtic Song:
    For those who are in love.....
    Aye they lack pace..

Midfield without question..

20. Overkill187 Batshitcrazy

Real will look completely different from last season.

I hope Coutinho will given the chance to show what he's capable of. Sometimes a player needs time to adjust himself.