1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

Nick Hammond joins Celtic, initial trial period.

Discussion in 'Celtic Chat' started by The Thumb, Jun 20, 2019.

Discuss Nick Hammond joins Celtic, initial trial period. in the Celtic Chat area at TalkCeltic.net.

1. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Birthday caird pish. It’s a shambles, it has been for a long time, and the board rightly deserve everything coming their way.

You want to try and kid on that you’re optimistic about it then crack on. You’re fooling no one though.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2019
  2. jambo_cfc

I just passed it bout 20mins ago and its jumping , no one was at the treble treble sign which was weird

3. horseshoe

Some folk seem so far gone gone I don't think that's even occured to them as a possibility, we're not signing anyone, the season's over before we've even played a friendly. Ah well, it was a good run of trophies while it lasted, had to end some time.

4. Mr. Slippyfist

The season hasn't even started yet and you're flyinf off the handle as if it's done and dusted and lost already.

Lennon's said it countless times even before he was appointed full time he was away looking at and identifying players. This Hammond guy has been appointed - aye he doesn't officially start for another 10 or so days but if you think he hasn't already given Lawwell a list of potential names, then you're mad.

Calm yerself down to a riot and have some * patience...

Liam Scales and StPauli1916 like this.
  5. stubhoy07 Gold Member Gold Member

Well just give up then eh!?

StPauli1916 likes this.
  6. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    No ones flying off the handle. People have seen the glaring problems for years but were told it was nothing to worry about because Rodgers was manager.

Now we’ve appointed a guy for a transfer window. Well 2/3 thirds of one, not even a full one.

We never had a list of potential names last summer so obviously we’ve definitely got a list already from a guy who’s not even at the club yet.

7. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    Why? Everything is perfect x

8. Mr. Slippyfist

* are you oan about?

Plenty of people could see issues with Rodgers and transfers.

We've appointed the guy on the same principles as we have the manager on basically what is a 1-year rolling contract - * all wrong with that.

We never had a list of potential names last summer? You're deluded if you believe that, but aye mate Lawwell's just phoned up the guy out of the blue and offered him a job without even asking him the type of player and what current players he believes he could bring to the club.

9. Valhalla Thus spoke Batistuta.

Fav Celtic Player:
    Broony
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic Symphony
    He’s not on a one year rolling contract. He’s here for the summer. Well half of it.

Rodgers literally confirmed himself that we didn’t even scout or have any names lined up to replace Dembele or Boyata.

Lawwell said himself he never even done it for the managers job. * knows why you think he’d do it for a guy coming in to assist on the transfer front on an interim basis.

10. Mr Shelby Moderator Moderator Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Larsson. Forever and always.
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Symphony
    Welcome.

Cant say I'm delighted or that I know a whole lot about him but hes here now. Hopefully he helps.

Would rather we went abroad for someone to come in as a DOF eventually. Not even a Football Manager suggestion either. I just feel we would benefit from it far more.

A club in our position has to work in the smaller markets longer term and theres so much talent there. Big Hope's for Shved for example, and this Rhamani and Ankersen sound decent.

We need to steer away from England unless some proper bargain gets thrown our way.

Gyp Rosetti likes this.
  11. Cupid Stunt

From failing to sign a kid form Motherwell to hiring summer interns. Buzzing.

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  12. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside
    * sake! Can’t believe we have got him for the summer? If anyone wants to know more about him visit the West Brom forums they * hated him and blame him for bringing in dud players and managers as well.

Grim appointment this.

13. Peej Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Thom
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Let The People Sing
    Well, we already got the manager sorted, thankfully we took our time and interviewed many candidates for that position to make sure we got the right guy.

And we are also seemingly in for 3 players already, before this guy comes in, so depending how you look at it, all rumours currently are bullshit, or we are hiring this guy for * all reason

14. bhoy81

from parkhead glasgow but now live in merseyside

Why have we got him in for the summer? If we have players sorted? Don’t get this deal at all.

15. dmac

Need to see who he recommends before any judgement if he knows the bargain basement buys Lawell will love him

16. BhoyInGreen1967

In my opinion we certainly should focus a lot more on the Eastern European market (especially Ukraine). You get some really good players for not so much money there.. It is not so overpriced like the English market, where you basically have to spend millions to get some average players..

And guys, who think Ukrainian players aren't good enough.. Just check out, who won the Under 20 World Cup this year.

17. Mr. Slippyfist

My apologies, didn't realise he was only here (thus far) for the summer transfer window. I'm not even going to get into a guessing match as to why such a short contract, but I suppose one way to look at it as it's not the worst move by the board than to get this guy in and see what he can come up with before hiring somewhere long term - especially after the utter abortion that was Lee Congerton (who, by the way, was brought in at the behest of Fraudgers).

Fraudgers is full of * as far as I'm concerned. I genuinely believe he never thought anyone would genuinely want to leave his oh-so-superior leadership, hence why the Boyata>Fulham deal wasn't allowed to happen, nor a replacement brought in for Dembele - although the sheer short term-ism shown by him and the moron that was Congerton of trying to get in Scott McKenna and the signing of Bayo (who could easily be classed as Dembele's replacement).

The manager's job and the new Head of Recruitment are two different aspects altogether. My point was that it would be idiotic to think that Lawwell and/or whoever started the ball rolling with this appointment simply gave him a job and said "right mate, start at the end of the month and let's see what kind of players you can find us" is totally ludicrous. They would have asked for his analysis on what available players he is aware of, who he could potentially bring in with any contacts he has, and what agents is he linked in with, as well as asking his recommendation for any players at that time - since he is only here for the summer, you can't really expect that he'll walk into the job and be asked to go on, or organize scouting missions etc?

I know literally * all about the guy, but I'm quite confident (especially given the length of time that he's been hired for) that this isn't an appointment on a whim.

18. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    My understanding is that he is a head of recruitment and not a DoF? These are two separate roles, no? he is not involved in renewing player contracts?

Am i wrong?

19. Lupis Gold Member Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Lubo
    Well all the statement said is he is here to help with recruitment (it didn't even specify player recruitment) so who knows?

20. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    He will do what Lawwell tells him is my fear.