1. Having trouble logging in by clicking the link at the top right of the page? Click here to be taken to the log in page.
    Dismiss Notice

[Link] David Turnbull

Discussion in 'Transfer Rumours' started by Officer Doofy, May 31, 2019.

Discuss David Turnbull in the Transfer Rumours area at TalkCeltic.net.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StevieBhoooy!

Don’t think I mentioned rebel tweets or having to be a Celtic fan. The players you mention are of no relevance to this case.
    In fact I don’t recall Nakamura publicly haggling over more money.

It’s not green tinted specs.. (thinking the club Can do no wrong IS)
    it’s considered opinion... I’m just not prepared to accept the overhype by the Motherwell fans you refer to , the media and some of the Celtic fans (perhaps includes yourself ?) desperate to get him in based on all this. He’s not the finished article. Potential yes but needs to show it first.

A Scottish player already based in Scotland and who knows the setup would already know whether they would be committed to playing for Celtic should the chance arise.

I don’t believe the talk that he’s not keen because he fears going on loan or not being a first team regular.

If he is not prepared to sign then I suspect it’s because he wants more money, doesn’t really want to play for Celtic ... or both.

Neither is acceptable for me and will be quite happy if the club withdraws the offer and moves on.

It won’t make or break our season.

Dithering over this at the expense of other possible signings might.

Tommy25 likes this.
  2. RockhardBoss

The announcement on Twitter doesn't bother me at all. It's just a statement put out by the club.
    Motherwell had announced that Celtic had a bid accepted, and Celtic needed to let the fans know what's happening. Celtic announced very matter-of-fact about the situation. I would've preferred it to be an announcement that the deal was dead and not left open.

shaunbhoy67, ChrisMoh and Tommy25 like this.
  3. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

"If not, we move on"

Our club is run by morons if they think it's a good idea to post this sort of stuff for all to see.

G_portillo and Officer Doofy like this.
  4. jimbobers Gold Member Gold Member

What have turnbulls team come out and said ?

5. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    He has reportedly knocked back £10k a week and is looking for almost double that.

Also doesn’t feel he will be a guaranteed starter here

6. G_portillo

Fav Celtic Player:
    Van Djik
    But do you think he would have left Italy and come to Scotland had we not made him a financially attractive offer? Im sure he could have moved to other big clubs and he always stated that he wanted to play in Spain.
    He might have rejected the first contract offer made to him also, we dont know because the negotiations were not made public knowledge and they shouldnt be, especially not from the club.

7. Blochairnbhoy

Fav Celtic Player:
    Scott Sinclair
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Grace
    Nothing they are trying to flog him to anyone and everyone down south

shaunbhoy67 likes this.
  8. shaunbhoy67

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    according to steph mcgowan , nothing has been rejected , it just hasnt been accepted and they are now using our contract to get better from down south and that P****D celtic off apparently and told him/then to take it or leave it

9. scootz

Ok - let's go with that. Motherwell spilled their guts about the offer acceptance - not Celtic. They put it out in the public domain!

Celtic fans were now alerted that the ball was in Celtics court to get a deal over the line.

Can you imagine the reaction if the deal was not concluded and the Club maintained a 'dignified silence'? Folks would be going apeshit about the 'unprofessional unambitious biscuit-tin Board'. Don't believe me - trawl back 12 months to the McGinn saga!

The way this has been dealt with by Celtic is fine. They've confirmed in a short message that they've made a very good offer (and by * it was a good offer), but the deal is unlikely to progress as they are being played.

Where is the pettiness!? It confirms to the message rules of ABC - Accuracy, Brevity, Clarity!

As I said before - I * hate Twiter as much as the next person, but times have changed and we have to accept that it's a legitimate media.

10. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

I do like Twitter, but I don't expect Celtic to be Tweeting "we made a magnificent offer" "we believe it was fantastic" etc. It looked like something Trump would send out. It's an absolute brasser.

If they felt the need to release a statement, then do it on the official website. Both teams airing the details of the transfer on Twitter makes it looks like a couple of teenage boys having a * measuring competition.

Bhoyse, The IRA and Artorias like this.
  11. PaulM1888 Moderator Moderator Gold Member

The irony in all the moaning about the tweet is, those doing it would be the first bed wetters to moan that we as fans are kept in the dark :56:

The same clowns that have wanted Mika away for 3 seasons that then moaned he was away.

Celtic can’t do right for wrong in the eyes of far too many.

Damnati, StPauli1916, Scotia and 3 others like this.
  12. PeeKay Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Henrik Larsson
    Bonkers money to demand at 18 having played one full season.

Blochairnbhoy likes this.
  13. scootz

It was a 'magnificent' offer. It was 'fantastic'. Twitter is a major media platform of every blue-chip company.

Trump? Does he have trademarks on certain words?

* measuring? *!?

The girn-meisters have actually given the MSM a 'story' to beat the Club with. Well done them!

https://www.scotsman.com/sport/foot...atement-on-david-turnbull-rejection-1-4947900

StPauli1916 likes this.
  14. Gyp Rosetti Gold Member

Fav Celtic Player:
    Rogic
    Fav Celtic Song:
    Celtic symphony
    I get what you’re saying mate but I honestly think we could’ve dealt with this better, what are other players going to think when negotiating with us? I do agree with the club over not being held to ransom though. If he signed and done the business then he would end up on the big wage same as others have.

Artorias likes this.
  15. scootz

Ain't that the truth!

PaulM1888 likes this.
  16. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

"I agree with it so it must be true"

From Paul, the man who is never wrong about anything, even when he is.

17. Officer Doofy Come to me, human man Gold Member

Nah he doesn't, but our Tweet is up there with the embarrassing * he hits out with on a daily basis.

Papers do what papers do, but the general message is correct. Since winning the treble we've given the job to Lenny in the shower after our board refused to consider anyone else, had a transfer list leaked by a cleaner and are now involved in a transfer being conducted over social media.

If that doesn't scream "tinpot", I don't know what does.

Artorias and The IRA like this.
  18. Colin Robinson Gold Member Gold Member

• Offer a manager who had overseen poor performances in the majority of games in charge the job. Fans are understandably irked at the lack of ambition and that nobody else was even contacted.
    • Offer him the job in the showers.
    • Type up a "memo" in which our primary transfer targets are listed on a flimsy bit of paper, many of whom have their names spelled wrong.
    • Allow said "memo" to be leaked to the press.
    • Announce in memo that Lustig wouldn't be offered a contract, then offer him a contract and manage to * him off in the process.
    • Bid accepted for David Turnbull. Fans are delighted... But wait... There's been a disagreement about wages so we'll publicise it for all to see on Twitter rather than negotiating in private like any professional sporting organisation would do.

Aye, "some fans are never happy".

19. oh bhoy

Obvious he doesn't know Glasgow as well as Peter would like ,we should just move on from this pantomime .another squad player ain't what we need and a midfielder of all * positions !!! Onwards and upwards

Last edited: Jun 15, 2019
    ChrisMoh and Leone Naka Fan like this.
  20. scootz

1. Does it matter where Lenny was when he was given the news? He is Celtic family! I'd like to think there would have been a bit of humour in the moment (and Neils reporting of it!). Boardroom etiquette was clearly not required here. And let's be clear - the decision wasn't made whilst the Board watched Neil rubbing a bar of Imperial Leather round his pasty frame!

2. Cleaner takes a photo of a bit of paper and leaks it. How in the name of * is that the Clubs fault. The Cleaner was clearly an *. The Club aren't at fault here!

3. Turnbull - well, I've made my views clear - I commend the Club for the way they've dealt with this!

It appears you've set your mind on the Board being 'tinpot' and no reasonable discussion is going to sway that. Fair * - it's your opinion, and you may be right - the Board probably DOES have it's shortcomings. It's just that I strongly disagree with your rationale on this particular matter.

ChrisMoh likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.